Treo 300 vs Treo 600

Last response: in Network Providers
May 25, 2004 10:07:36 PM

I currently use a Sanyo 8100 with Vision and also a Palm 515 and I'd like to
get a Cell/PDA combo but can't seem to justify $600.00 for my usage. I use
Vision sporadically to check stocks and check e-mail (from my Comcast
account) and I occasionally use the 8100 as a modem with my laptop. My
question is, what would I be sacrificing by buying the Treo 300 rather than
the Treo 600 and is the difference worth $350???

More about : treo 300 treo 600

Anonymous
May 26, 2004 7:48:26 PM

Bob Kline wrote:
> I currently use a Sanyo 8100 with Vision and also a Palm 515 and I'd like to
> get a Cell/PDA combo but can't seem to justify $600.00 for my usage. I use
> Vision sporadically to check stocks and check e-mail (from my Comcast
> account) and I occasionally use the 8100 as a modem with my laptop. My
> question is, what would I be sacrificing by buying the Treo 300 rather than
> the Treo 600 and is the difference worth $350???

The 600 is a lot faster. And you should be able to get the 600 for
substantially less than $600. Check out Amazon. I paid $250 after SPCS
and Amazon rebates. I had to take a 2 year contract to get it down to
that level.

The deal is probably around $350 now.
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 1:09:02 AM

Treo 600 has much better battery life and it's designed for one-hand
operation. These are the two key things over Treo 300. However, Treo 600
does not run Xiino - the must have web browser for Palm OS.
Therefore I went to a different route other than upgrading my 300 to
600: bluetoothing with a iPaq 4150 (it has a keyboard and BT) and SE 608
(BT phone). Emailing and web browsing experence on such a comb is way
better than on Treo. I can easily use my laptop too; I hate to connect
300/600 with a cable.
Email me (xinfeng at ucdavis dot edu) if you want to buy my 300 for
$150. All the stock items plus lots of add-on accessaries in the
original box, very good condition - no single scratch.

rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.org wrote:

> Bob Kline wrote:
>
>>I currently use a Sanyo 8100 with Vision and also a Palm 515 and I'd like to
>>get a Cell/PDA combo but can't seem to justify $600.00 for my usage. I use
>>Vision sporadically to check stocks and check e-mail (from my Comcast
>>account) and I occasionally use the 8100 as a modem with my laptop. My
>>question is, what would I be sacrificing by buying the Treo 300 rather than
>>the Treo 600 and is the difference worth $350???
>>

> The 600 is a lot faster. And you should be able to get the 600 for
> substantially less than $600. Check out Amazon. I paid $250 after SPCS
> and Amazon rebates. I had to take a 2 year contract to get it down to
> that level.
>
> The deal is probably around $350 now.

Anonymous
June 4, 2004 9:58:54 PM