Treo 300 vs Treo 600

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I currently use a Sanyo 8100 with Vision and also a Palm 515 and I'd like to
get a Cell/PDA combo but can't seem to justify $600.00 for my usage. I use
Vision sporadically to check stocks and check e-mail (from my Comcast
account) and I occasionally use the 8100 as a modem with my laptop. My
question is, what would I be sacrificing by buying the Treo 300 rather than
the Treo 600 and is the difference worth $350???
3 answers Last reply
More about treo treo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Bob Kline wrote:
    > I currently use a Sanyo 8100 with Vision and also a Palm 515 and I'd like to
    > get a Cell/PDA combo but can't seem to justify $600.00 for my usage. I use
    > Vision sporadically to check stocks and check e-mail (from my Comcast
    > account) and I occasionally use the 8100 as a modem with my laptop. My
    > question is, what would I be sacrificing by buying the Treo 300 rather than
    > the Treo 600 and is the difference worth $350???
    >

    The 600 is a lot faster. And you should be able to get the 600 for
    substantially less than $600. Check out Amazon. I paid $250 after SPCS
    and Amazon rebates. I had to take a 2 year contract to get it down to
    that level.

    The deal is probably around $350 now.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Treo 600 has much better battery life and it's designed for one-hand
    operation. These are the two key things over Treo 300. However, Treo 600
    does not run Xiino - the must have web browser for Palm OS.
    Therefore I went to a different route other than upgrading my 300 to
    600: bluetoothing with a iPaq 4150 (it has a keyboard and BT) and SE 608
    (BT phone). Emailing and web browsing experence on such a comb is way
    better than on Treo. I can easily use my laptop too; I hate to connect
    300/600 with a cable.
    Email me (xinfeng at ucdavis dot edu) if you want to buy my 300 for
    $150. All the stock items plus lots of add-on accessaries in the
    original box, very good condition - no single scratch.

    rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.org wrote:
    >
    > Bob Kline wrote:
    >
    >>I currently use a Sanyo 8100 with Vision and also a Palm 515 and I'd like to
    >>get a Cell/PDA combo but can't seem to justify $600.00 for my usage. I use
    >>Vision sporadically to check stocks and check e-mail (from my Comcast
    >>account) and I occasionally use the 8100 as a modem with my laptop. My
    >>question is, what would I be sacrificing by buying the Treo 300 rather than
    >>the Treo 600 and is the difference worth $350???
    >>
    >
    >
    > The 600 is a lot faster. And you should be able to get the 600 for
    > substantially less than $600. Check out Amazon. I paid $250 after SPCS
    > and Amazon rebates. I had to take a 2 year contract to get it down to
    > that level.
    >
    > The deal is probably around $350 now.
    >
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    For info about the SE T608, check www.sprintpcsinfo.com.

    John Smith wrote:

    > Treo 600 has much better battery life and it's designed for one-hand
    > operation. These are the two key things over Treo 300. However, Treo 600
    > does not run Xiino - the must have web browser for Palm OS.
    > Therefore I went to a different route other than upgrading my 300 to
    > 600: bluetoothing with a iPaq 4150 (it has a keyboard and BT) and SE 608
    > (BT phone). Emailing and web browsing experence on such a comb is way
    > better than on Treo. I can easily use my laptop too; I hate to connect
    > 300/600 with a cable.
    > Email me (xinfeng at ucdavis dot edu) if you want to buy my 300 for
    > $150. All the stock items plus lots of add-on accessaries in the
    > original box, very good condition - no single scratch.
    >
    > rlsusenet@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.org wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Bob Kline wrote:
    >>
    >>> I currently use a Sanyo 8100 with Vision and also a Palm 515 and I'd
    >>> like to
    >>> get a Cell/PDA combo but can't seem to justify $600.00 for my usage.
    >>> I use
    >>> Vision sporadically to check stocks and check e-mail (from my Comcast
    >>> account) and I occasionally use the 8100 as a modem with my laptop. My
    >>> question is, what would I be sacrificing by buying the Treo 300
    >>> rather than
    >>> the Treo 600 and is the difference worth $350???
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >> The 600 is a lot faster. And you should be able to get the 600 for
    >> substantially less than $600. Check out Amazon. I paid $250 after SPCS
    >> and Amazon rebates. I had to take a 2 year contract to get it down to
    >> that level.
    >>
    >> The deal is probably around $350 now.
    >>
Ask a new question

Read More

Sprint PCS Sanyo Treo Internet Service Providers