Cisco and Direct TV wireless problems

sounder1990

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
I have a Cinema Connection Kit (CCK) from Direct TV. I also have a Cisco Wireless modem. And I have Charter for Internet. Apparently I am supposed to be able to hook up this CCK box to my router without the use of wires. This is where my problem comes in. The customer assistant from Direct told me that I must open a certain port on my router. And the Cisco customer assistant told me to pay them $30 to tell me what to do to get it to work. I'm not terrible with computers. I understand most of the lingo. But this is just something that I haven't done before.

So... I need to know how to open up udp 1701 so that the CCK is able to connect wirelessly to the router. At least that's what the CA from Direct told me. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

denzi

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

Direct TV is also blaming my router for the same thing pretty much, except it is for watching YouTube videos. Doesn't seem all that likely that it's the router since I am able to listen to Pandora and use my internet account to modify stations and what-all that show up on my Television. Apparently I am getting through to the DTV receiver with my comp.
I looked into the settings in my Belkin router by connecting 1 of the 4 lan port wires to my Ethernet port on the back of the comp. Which allowed setting certain things different but no-where did I see a setting for UDP 1701/LT2P but idk maybe I just didn't figure it out. Sorry this is not a help.