Jesus, Derek forgot to take his medicine again!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=50097&boardid=1&id=&view=flatold&start=20

http://forums.avault.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005485;p=1

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/showthread.php?s=e00aa1c13b6a587cf59d86cfea4af9d0&threadid=25162&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

> This should keep us entertained through Christmas at least!

I see Derek is making friends again.

" Let me assure you of one thing that you can go to sleep with tonite. I
have FULL intentions of getting this license. If I DO get it, you and your
teenny leetle friends on your Ferrous Oxide project, are effectively,
shutdown because I don't piss around when it comes to IP properties. You
would do well to ask around. I've sued publishers for less and I have
attorneys around the world, literally on speed dial "

Dick Garage wrote:
> Derek Smart and Freespace 3?

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=50097&boardid=1&id=&view=flatold&start=20

> Topic: Freespace License. What if...

http://forums.avault.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005485;p=1

> Derek Smart wants to Develop FS3

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/showthread.php?s=e00aa1c13b6a587cf59d86cfea4af9d0&threadid=25162&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

> This should keep us entertained through Christmas at least!

No doubt. He's a master at creating amusing online flamewar games.

J.S.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Dick Garage" <dick@garage.invalid> wrote in message

> Derek Smart and Freespace 3?

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=50097&boardid=1&id=&view=flatold&start=20

> Topic: Freespace License. What if...

http://forums.avault.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005485;p=1

> Derek Smart wants to Develop FS3

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/showthread.php?s=e00aa1c13b6a587cf59d86cfea4af9d0&threadid=25162&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

> This should keep us entertained through Christmas at least!

This is a perfect example of history repeating itself. DS did almost the
exact same thing a couple of years ago. He wanted to get the license to
Falcon 4 (hard core jet sim) and make a sequel or "gold version". If you
insert the words "Falcon 4 gold" in place of FS3, you will get a replay of
history. He does this only to draw attention to himself. I seriously doubt
this will ever come to fruition.

Allan

XaN

"Allan Parent" <allanp@nospam for me123@charter.net> wrote in message
> This is a perfect example of history repeating itself.

Breadster would beg to differ.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

"Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message
> "Allan Parent" <allanp@nospam for me123@charter.net> wrote in message
> > This is a perfect example of history repeating itself.
>
> Breadster would beg to differ.
>
> // Xan, Ph.D.
> // I worship His Shadow.

Sorry, I am trying to cut down on carbs.

Allan

> Wow, if you happen to suffer from insomnia here is an instant cure:

http://forums.avault.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005487;p=3#000052

Blah....blah....blah. DS just likes to read his own posts. He will never get
the FS license. Look how long it has taken him to finally get his own game
to a respectable level. Does anyone really think that they will sell a
license to a fairly successful franchise to a person that doesn't even pay
some of his "employees" and has taken 6 years to finally complete a mediocre
game?

Allan

XaN

> Sorry, I am trying to cut down on carbs.

That explains his attitude. =)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

BP

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:10:13 -0700, "bioderm" <not@here.com> wrote:

>"Dick Garage" <dick@garage.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>> Derek Smart and Freespace 3?
>>
>http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=50097&boardid=1&id=&view=flatold&start=20
>>
>> Topic: Freespace License. What if...
>>
>http://forums.avault.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005485;p=1
>>
>> Derek Smart wants to Develop FS3
>>
>http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/showthread.php?s=e00aa1c13b6a587cf59d86cfea4af9d0&threadid=25162&perpage=25&pagenumber=1
>>

>> This should keep us entertained through Christmas at least!
>>

>I see Derek is making friends again.
>
>" Let me assure you of one thing that you can go to sleep with tonite. I
>have FULL intentions of getting this license. If I DO get it, you and your
>teenny leetle friends on your Ferrous Oxide project, are effectively,
>shutdown because I don't piss around when it comes to IP properties. You
>would do well to ask around. I've sued publishers for less and I have
>attorneys around the world, literally on speed dial "

I can't believe anyone actually believes he is going to buy the FS
license. I'll bet money he doesn't . Any takers ? I'll even bet DS if
he's got the guts.

And even if he did then FS3 would just be BCM with a new box.

BP

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:40:59 -0500, "Allan Parent" <allanp@nospam for
me123@charter.net> wrote:

>"Dick Garage" <dick@garage.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> Wow, if you happen to suffer from insomnia here is an instant cure:
>>

>http://forums.avault.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005487;p=3#000052
>>

>Blah....blah....blah. DS just likes to read his own posts. He will never get
>the FS license. Look how long it has taken him to finally get his own game
>to a respectable level. Does anyone really think that they will sell a
>license to a fairly successful franchise to a person that doesn't even pay
>some of his "employees" and has taken 6 years to finally complete a mediocre
>game?
>
>Allan

6 years ?
More like 16.

XaN

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Dick Garage" <dick@garage.invalid> wrote in message
[thnip way too much stuff to read right now]

> 6. And yes, if I do get it, there is a slight chance that
> I can and will screw it up.

Fascinating choice of words. =)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

XaN

> Blah....blah....blah. DS just likes to read his own posts. He will never get
> the FS license. Look how long it has taken him to finally get his own game
> to a respectable level.

How the hell did I miss that? =D

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

"bp" <none@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:40:59 -0500, "Allan Parent" <allanp@nospam for
> me123@charter.net> wrote:
>

> >"Dick Garage" <dick@garage.invalid> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Wow, if you happen to suffer from insomnia here is an instant cure:
> >>

>http://forums.avault.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005487;
p=3#000052

> >Blah....blah....blah. DS just likes to read his own posts. He will never
get
> >the FS license. Look how long it has taken him to finally get his own
game
> >to a respectable level. Does anyone really think that they will sell a
> >license to a fairly successful franchise to a person that doesn't even
pay
> >some of his "employees" and has taken 6 years to finally complete a
mediocre
> >game?
> >
> >Allan
> >
> 6 years ?
> More like 16.

Mr. Smart has proclaimed in the past that he started working on BC3K since
1988-1989. The hyphenated range is Derek's statement not mine. This was the
story anyway that was forced to be distributed with the freeware version of
his game. (which was almost identical to BC3K 2.0)

So bp is close to right but 15-16 is closer to what the pathological liar
said so that means that in reality it could be 9 - 18 years due to the
warping effect that reality suffers whenever any statement is made by the
Taco Supreme Commander.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

> Mr. Parent, I believe you may owe Shin an apology because you spelled
> ridiculous rediculus.
>

> Sorry I couldn't resist. I just thought it would be funny and lost
control.
> I think that it must be Xan's fault. He's a bad influence on me.

My apologies. It was late and I was tired. I wonder why my spell check
didn't catch it? I did spell F**K correctly I think. Damn Xan, everytime I
read one of his posts it must kill off some of my brain cells.

Allan

BP

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:36:03 GMT, Shingen
<Shingen@aolsukd.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Yeah..this from a bunch of clueless mal-contents that don't even play
>any BC game, nor do they prolly even OWN a BC game!

It's true we're smarter than the average fanboy.

Later fanboy

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:35:57 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>Hi Shin,
>
>While I appreciate your concern because everyone doesn't see things in the
>same way that you do, may I respectfully suggest that you try to get over
>it?
>
>Hugs and kisses,
>Bill

Sorry for my outburst...as I was rather intoxicated on some rather
expensive imported beer and some excellent green-bud. =P

"Shingen" <Shingen@aolsukd.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 06:35:57 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Hi Shin,
> >
> >While I appreciate your concern because everyone doesn't see things in
the
> >same way that you do, may I respectfully suggest that you try to get over
> >it?
> >
> >Hugs and kisses,
> >Bill
> >
> Sorry for my outburst...as I was rather intoxicated on some rather
> expensive imported beer and some excellent green-bud. =P

Since you had such a good reason then, of course, all will be forgiven and
forgotten.

P.S. When do you want to collect on your "hugs and kisses"?

XaN

> Yeah..this from a bunch of clueless mal-contents that don't even play
> any BC game, nor do they prolly even OWN a BC game!

Har.

I never imagined that my post would strike a nerve like that.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

XaN

"Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
> Sorry I couldn't resist. I just thought it would be funny and lost control.
> I think that it must be Xan's fault. He's a bad influence on me.

You misspelled 'phault'.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

XaN

> My apologies. It was late and I was tired. I wonder why my spell check
> didn't catch it? I did spell F**K correctly I think. Damn Xan, everytime I
> read one of his posts it must kill off some of my brain cells.

My virus must be working! It it uses a *mutating* algorithm, btw

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

XaN

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Shingen" <Shingen@aolsukd.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Sorry for my outburst...as I was rather intoxicated on some rather
> expensive imported beer and some excellent green-bud. =P

You and Bread appear to have a lot in common. =D

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:28:40 -0400, bp <none@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:36:03 GMT, Shingen
><Shingen@aolsukd.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>Yeah..this from a bunch of clueless mal-contents that don't even play
>>any BC game, nor do they prolly even OWN a BC game!
>
>It's true we're smarter than the average fanboy.

Sorry, I forgot about your vast intellect. Between you, Bill, and
Bret, I bet your combined intellects exceed well over 3 digits.

>Later fanboy

"You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand, there's no turning back.

The bugle sounds, the charge begins
But on this battlefield no one wins
The smell of acrid smoke and horses breath
As we plunge on into certain death.

ohhhhhh ohhhhhh!

The horse he sweats with fear, we break to run
The mighty roar of the Russian guns
And as we race towards the human wall
The screams of pain as my comrades fall

We hurdle bodies that lay on the ground
And the Russians fire another round
We get so near, yet so far away
We won't live to fight another day.

ohhhhh ohhhhhh!

We get so close, near enough to fight
When a Russian gets me in his sights
He pulls the trigger and I feel the blow
A burst of rounds take my horse below.

And as I lay there gazing at the sky
My body's numb and my throat is dry
And as I lay forgotten and alone
Without a tear I draw my parting groan"

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Usually it's only a trickle of emails each month that are generated by
http://follies.werewolves.org/

The last few days it's been an avalanche. I'm sure it must be the Freespace
stunt that Derek pulled. If you do a Google on Derek Smart the first two
entries are the above site but, I suspect that most of the visits are due to
people providing links. I'm going to have to put a visit counter back on
the site.

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:55:15 GMT, Shingen wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:28:40 -0400, bp <none@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:36:03 GMT, Shingen
>><Shingen@aolsukd.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Yeah..this from a bunch of clueless mal-contents that don't even play
>>>any BC game, nor do they prolly even OWN a BC game!
>>
>>It's true we're smarter than the average fanboy.
>>
> Sorry, I forgot about your vast intellect. Between you, Bill, and
> Bret, I bet your combined intellects exceed well over 3 digits.

Don't be too sure -- I've never been tested, but my wife seems pretty
certain that my IQ is an irrational number.

Bret