Starshatter v4.01 Upgrade Released

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Starshatter v4.01 Upgrade Released
New Version of Innovative Space Combat Simulation Available Now!

Woodbridge, NJ, July 20th, 2004 - Matrix Games and Destroyer Studios are
pleased to announce version 4.01 of the exciting new 3-D space combat
simulator, Starshatter. Released this month, Starshatter is the next
generation in space combat simulation games.

Starshatter extends the gameplay concepts of the classic space sims by
combining fighter and starship combat in a single game. You begin the game
as either a fighter pilot or the commander of a small starship. As you
progress through the game, you can earn promotions and awards until you are
commanding a massive fleet carrier with three wings of fighters and a
complete escort of warships.

The new update, version 4.01, includes 25 fixes and enhancements, including
a new updated version of the built in Magic modeling software for
mod-makers. Most important of the fixes are a resolution of a CD-key issue
on some machines in the initial release and a fix for wingmen showing up as
KIA on some campaign missions. On the new features side, there is now wide
screen (1280 x 800) support and smooth scrolling side views in the cockpit
camera mode.

We recommend that all Starshatter players update to this release, either by
downloading the patch or re-downloading the new updated master file.

Starshatter integrates elements of real-time-strategy games by allowing
fleet commanders to direct the battle on a tactical level, launching
fighters and directing destroyers to defend the fleet and annihilate enemy
forces. You will arm fighters for patrol or strike missions. You will send
orders to your escorting destroyers and frigates to engage enemy starships
or defend the fleet from attack by enemy fighters. You are the admiral, and
you decide how to employ all of your forces in battle. It is all up to you.

Game Features:

.. Exciting and original science fiction universe

.. Integrated fighter and starship combat

.. Seamless blend of space combat simulation and real time strategy

.. Dynamic campaign engine with four dynamic campaigns

.. Easy to learn, difficult to master. Detailed training missions included.

.. Highly replayable single player action, plus free multiplayer support*

.. Cooperative and head-to-head multiplayer mission scenarios

.. Extensive mod support - create your own ships, weapons, galaxies, and
missions

.. Includes full featured built-in mission editor

.. Includes FREE 3D modeling program to create custom ship designs

.. Choose from three different flight models: newtonian, relaxed, and arcade

.. Choose from four different inputs: keyboard, mouse, gamepad, or joystick

* Multiplayer support includes free server browser. Local network access
charges may apply.

To download the patch please go to our Matrix Games Members Area at
http://www.matrixgames.com/members/

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:35:25 GMT, "Master Sgt"

[snip]

Hah! BC3K and the patches get a "Supreme Commander". All Milo gets
is a "Master Sergeant". Looks like BC3K wins.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:36:48 +0100, Lemming
<thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:35:25 GMT, "Master Sgt"
>
>[snip]
>
>Hah! BC3K and the patches get a "Supreme Commander". All Milo gets
>is a "Master Sergeant". Looks like BC3K wins.

Yeah, and milo's way too soft on his forums, he doesn't ban people for
not averting their gaze or anything.

br d

XaN

"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> Yeah, and milo's way too soft on his forums, he doesn't ban people for
> not averting their gaze or anything.

'Ey! You're supposed to be in bed!

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:35:25 GMT, "Master Sgt"
>
> [snip]
>
> Hah! BC3K and the patches get a "Supreme Commander". All Milo gets
> is a "Master Sergeant". Looks like BC3K wins.
>
> Lemming

The difference being of course..is that Milo's game actually works and is
worth buying

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:34:42 GMT, "Teflon Mage"
<webmaster@defendersofparagon.com> wrote:

>"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:35:25 GMT, "Master Sgt"
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Hah! BC3K and the patches get a "Supreme Commander". All Milo gets
>> is a "Master Sergeant". Looks like BC3K wins.
>>
>> Lemming
>
>The difference being of course..is that Milo's game actually works and is
>worth buying

This is pretty pointless but here goes anyway...

UC does work, it works very well. Of course it's taken an age to get
there but any problems that remain are no more or less than you'd get
in any other title. Milo has just finished a patch to correct several
problems with his original release, several things that didn't "work".
It is entirely acceptable that there would be some initial problems
and milo (as usual) has done a brilliant job.

Whether or not you think either is "worth buying" is your choice of
course

For the 5 squillionth time though, if you have played UC, a lot, and
explored it's many facets, then come here and slag it off to death,
I'll have a good laugh along with you, but if you haven't, or more
likely, you've loaded up the demo and given up after ten minutes, then
you're really not in a position to say whether it "works".

My copy certainly does, but then I'm an idiot, and for some reason I
prefer to actually find out if it works for myself.

br d

(Sorry, I was bored)

skeksis

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Teflon Mage" <webmaster@defendersofparagon.com> wrote in news:CvOLc.2669
$rP.1863@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com:

> The difference being of course..is that Milo's game actually works and is
> worth buying

Is it in the retail channels yet?

Skeksis

"Skeksis" <na@giveitupspammer.com> wrote in message
> "Teflon Mage" <webmaster@defendersofparagon.com> wrote in news:CvOLc.2669
> $rP.1863@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com:
>
> > The difference being of course..is that Milo's game actually works and
is
> > worth buying
>
> Is it in the retail channels yet?
>
> Skeksis

Yes, you can download it or purchase the cd from the Matrix games website.

Allan

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:18:42 -0500, "Allan Parent" <allanp@nospam for
me123@charter.net> wrote:

>Yes, you can download it or purchase the cd from the Matrix games website.
>
>Allan

He means, "is it in the stores yet?". No.