Can I do better than a phone rebate?

Last response: in Network Providers
May 29, 2004 1:33:53 AM

At the risk of seeming like the lazy-ass that I am, I'm going
to throw this question to anyone who feels like offering an opinion
here.

Right now I have two phones over 18 months old. According to
the Sprint site I may not be eligible for the rebate because I'm
carrying two separate plans, each of which are $30/month (the
eligibility rules say that the rebate applies to plans $35 and up).

What I have is this:

Two separate numbers on the same bill, one for my wife.

Each number has these attributes:

$30/mo.

450 anytime minutes
500 pcs to pcs
2500 n & w starting at 8:00 pm

I've been a perfect payment customer for more than five years.

We don't need more minutes. The most we ever use in a month is
about 350 per phone, tops, and many of those are from the pcs to pcs
bucket (calling each other).

So my question: I'm paying $60/month now. What do you think
they'd offer me to get on a new 2 year contract? I've been off
contract for perhaps a year now, I'm satisfied with the service, and
would gladly renew for two years with the right deal. Since I don't
need more minutes, really, and don't need Vision services (I work from
home, I'm in front of computers 24 hours a day pretty much), all I can
think of is new equipment and perhaps Readylink for the convenience of
speaking to my wife when we're out and about and trying to meet
somewhere.

As you can see, my needs are slight, but it seems like I might
have good bargaining ability. I haven't had add-a-phone since 2001, so
I don't know how that works now and whether it'd be cost-effective in
my case.

Thanks for any advice.

DGI

More about : phone rebate

Anonymous
May 29, 2004 5:04:00 PM

> Thanks for any advice.

The best advice I can think to give you is call them and ask.

*2 is only a moment away to dail and a life time (it sometimes seems) for the
human necessary to ask questions to.

--
John S.