Sound card with digital I/O and front audio header?

Last response: in Home Audio
February 2, 2005 12:58:07 AM

Hi,

I am in search of a sound card. See, my PC case has front USB, Firewire, and Mic/Headphone connectors, but I don't wanna use my motherboard's built in sound board, so I was wondering what
sound card has front panel audio headers but also has spdif input and output? I thought about getting a sound blaster with live drive, but I just wanna be able to use my computer case's front audio.

Thank you, any help appreciated!
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 1:32:51 PM

In article <baadnbp0HJ539p3fRVn-tw@giganews.com> none@none.com writes:

> I was wondering what
> sound card has front panel audio headers but also has spdif input and output?

I don't usually pay attention to things like that, but I know that
Terratec had something like that (though maybe not real mic inputs)
not too long ago. Maybe they still do. The company has been around
long enough, and they're not offering some fairly high end products,
so that performance is probably going to be adequate.

You might be better off, though, looking at one of the many half-rack
width boxes that interface through Firewire or USB, have all the
inputs and outputs that you want, and sit comfortably on top of a
tower computer case. Alesis has a brand new one (probably not out
yet), and M-Audio and Presonus have been making things like this for
quite some time. The TASCAM US-122 is nice but doesn't have S/PDIF
I/O.

Tie it down to the top of the case with a couple of strips of Velcro
so it won't slide off when you plug something in.