Universal combat keyboard commands

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Anyone know were I can download a PDF of this? I bought the game (4.99 I
know I oculd buy some fast food for that ) and it didnt come with the
keyboard command. I would ask on the bc3000 boards but I rather ask sane
people. If not a PDF anyone know were I can get a list of them I skimed
through the book but it so skimpy and I didnt find to many key commands, Is
thier a time compression? Can u switch and directly control the fighters and
shuttles? So many questioins sorry :(

Anthony

P.S. Please no derek fan boys I read the borders and this PUBLIC newsgroup
seems alot nicer...

"Anthony" <noneofyour@business.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know were I can download a PDF of this? I bought the game (4.99 I
> know I oculd buy some fast food for that ) and it didnt come with the
> keyboard command. I would ask on the bc3000 boards but I rather ask sane
> people. If not a PDF anyone know were I can get a list of them I skimed
> through the book but it so skimpy and I didnt find to many key commands,
Is
> thier a time compression? Can u switch and directly control the fighters
and
> shuttles? So many questioins sorry :(
>
> Anthony
>
> P.S. Please no derek fan boys I read the borders and this PUBLIC newsgroup
> seems alot nicer...

Alt-F4 is all you really need for that "game".

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:48:33 -0500, "Anthony" <noneofyour@business.com>
wrote:

>Anyone know were I can download a PDF of this? I bought the game (4.99 I
>know I oculd buy some fast food for that ) and it didnt come with the
>keyboard command. I would ask on the bc3000 boards but I rather ask sane
>people. If not a PDF anyone know were I can get a list of them I skimed
>through the book but it so skimpy and I didnt find to many key commands, Is
>thier a time compression? Can u switch and directly control the fighters and
>shuttles? So many questioins sorry :(
>
>Anthony
>
>P.S. Please no derek fan boys I read the borders and this PUBLIC newsgroup
>seems alot nicer...

Don't know about a pdf, there might be something at the <shiver> site.
But the keyboard commands are all listed on the inside cover of the
game box, at least, they are on mine. And if you're "skimming" through
the book you've got no chance mate, you need total recall of the
bloody thing to even get started, it's not very user friendly.

There isn't time compression. You can't switch between craft (you used
to be able to, but he took it out), you have to send your AE to the
craft and control it directly, but on the whole, it is a better system
I think.

If you seriously want to play the game and see how it works I could
send you a saved game that has a fully upgraded ship with full crew AI
and loads of money. It's defeating the object really but at least
you'll get an idea of the potential, which is a lot. If you put in the
time it's a great game. That's purely subjective of course.

br d

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:53:44 +0100, br d
<misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:48:33 -0500, "Anthony" <noneofyour@business.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Anyone know were I can download a PDF of this? I bought the game (4.99 I
>>know I oculd buy some fast food for that ) and it didnt come with the
>>keyboard command. I would ask on the bc3000 boards but I rather ask sane
>>people. If not a PDF anyone know were I can get a list of them I skimed
>>through the book but it so skimpy and I didnt find to many key commands, Is
>>thier a time compression? Can u switch and directly control the fighters and
>>shuttles? So many questioins sorry :(
>>
>>Anthony
>>
>>P.S. Please no derek fan boys I read the borders and this PUBLIC newsgroup
>>seems alot nicer...
>>

>Don't know about a pdf, there might be something at the <shiver> site.
>But the keyboard commands are all listed on the inside cover of the
>game box, at least, they are on mine. And if you're "skimming" through
>the book you've got no chance mate, you need total recall of the
>bloody thing to even get started, it's not very user friendly.
>
>There isn't time compression. You can't switch between craft (you used
>to be able to, but he took it out), you have to send your AE to the
>craft and control it directly, but on the whole, it is a better system
>I think.
>
>If you seriously want to play the game and see how it works I could
>send you a saved game that has a fully upgraded ship with full crew AI
>and loads of money. It's defeating the object really but at least
>you'll get an idea of the potential, which is a lot. If you put in the
>time it's a great game. That's purely subjective of course.

What was it about "no fanbois" that you didn't understand?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

XaN

"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> What was it about "no fanbois" that you didn't understand?

Last I checked, 'fanbois' didn't include Egyptian girls. =)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:21:33 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

>"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> What was it about "no fanbois" that you didn't understand?
>
>Last I checked, 'fanbois' didn't include Egyptian girls. =)

Br d *may* be Egyptian, but he's no girl in bed.

Lemming
--

> Br d *may* be Egyptian, but he's no girl in bed.

More like a log -- I agree.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:46:05 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

>"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Br d *may* be Egyptian, but he's no girl in bed.
>
>More like a log -- I agree.

Captain's log ... still not flushed away.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:21:33 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

>"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> What was it about "no fanbois" that you didn't understand?
>
>Last I checked, 'fanbois' didn't include Egyptian girls. =)

You're just jealous cos I'm in-game gorgeous while you look like a
half finished Transformer or something. I'm trying to source that
little outfit in RL so I can wear it while I play.
Are you getting hard Zan?

br d

XaN

"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> You're just jealous cos I'm in-game gorgeous while you look like a
> half finished Transformer or something. I'm trying to source that
> little outfit in RL so I can wear it while I play.

Rocket Launcher? =P

> Are you getting hard Zan?

I am made of titanium. I am always hard.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:21:56 -0500, "Anthony" <noneofyour@business.com>
wrote:

>uh hu

See what I mean about reading comprehension? I didn't understand a
word of what you wrote.

Lemming
--

> See what I mean about reading comprehension? I didn't understand a
> word of what you wrote.

Oh, you're original.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

uh hu.... I take it lemming = Derek?

"Kegs" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Nah, Lemming is just yert average wise and beautiful woman, Derek takes cuntishness to
> whole[1] now levels.

> [1] or shoudl that be hole?

Breadster seems to be the resident expert on that; ask her.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 17:17:49 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

>"Kegs" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> Nah, Lemming is just yert average wise and beautiful woman, Derek takes cuntishness to
>> whole[1] now levels.
>
>> [1] or shoudl that be hole?
>
>Breadster seems to be the resident expert on that; ask her.

What am I an expert on, having a hole, or having a wise and beautiful woman?

Either way I have a spare one for you Zan, always.

br d

XaN

> What am I an expert on, having a hole, or having a wise and beautiful woman?
>
> Either way I have a spare one for you Zan, always.

No wonder your pix are so incriminating.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 11:11:39 -0500, "Anthony" <noneofyour@business.com>
wrote:

>uh hu.... I take it lemming = Derek?

Right, that's it; Three strikes and you are out, matey. Your posting
privileges have now been revoked for being a top-posting moron.

>"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:21:56 -0500, "Anthony" <noneofyour@business.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >uh hu
>>
>> See what I mean about reading comprehension? I didn't understand a
>> word of what you wrote.
>>
>> Lemming
>> --
>> Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

okay whatever derek

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 02:03:38 -0500, "Anthony" <noneofyour@business.com>
wrote:

>okay whatever derek

I take it you realise that by continuing to post, despite the ban I
have imposed on you, you are in breach of usenet protocol. In lieu of
this fact I have no other option than to arrange a visit from my good
friend Nick from the FBI. Expect him on the next freight train. And
don't expect anyone to help you; Everyone loaths top-posters like you.

Lemming
--
*I* am Smartacus!

XaN

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// Witness my perfection.

> I take it you realise that by continuing to post, despite the ban I
> have imposed on you, you are in breach of usenet protocol. In lieu of
> this fact I have no other option than to arrange a visit from my good
> friend Nick from the FBI. Expect him on the next freight train. And
> don't expect anyone to help you; Everyone loaths top-posters like you.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 02:03:38 -0500, "Anthony" <noneofyour@business.com>
> wrote:
>
> >okay whatever derek
>
> I take it you realise that by continuing to post, despite the ban I
> have imposed on you, you are in breach of usenet protocol. In lieu of
> this fact I have no other option than to arrange a visit from my good
> friend Nick from the FBI. Expect him on the next freight train. And
> don't expect anyone to help you; Everyone loaths top-posters like you.

but you are Derek?

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:34:47 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 02:03:38 -0500, "Anthony" <noneofyour@business.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >okay whatever derek
>>
>> I take it you realise that by continuing to post, despite the ban I
>> have imposed on you, you are in breach of usenet protocol. In lieu of
>> this fact I have no other option than to arrange a visit from my good
>> friend Nick from the FBI. Expect him on the next freight train. And
>> don't expect anyone to help you; Everyone loaths top-posters like you.
>
>but you are Derek?

Yes, I can honestly say that I am Derek.

Lemming
--
*I* am Smartacus.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:13:22 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

>// Xan, Ph.D.
>// Witness my perfection.

You have become what you loath.

> You have become what you loath.

Nice spelling.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:31:31 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

>"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> You have become what you loath.
>
>Nice spelling.

I am loathe to point out your error, in lieu of the fact I am Derek.

>// Xan, Ph.D.
>// I worship His Shadow.

Lemming
--