Advice/help on Sanyo 8200 cameraphone

Can anyone tell me where I can get detailed instructions on the zoom
mode for the Camera on my Sanyo 8200?

When I bought it, I knew it had a camera and Flash. But recently I've
been reading that the camera has a built in zoom also.

I originally saw this advertised, but then read the same on the Sanyo
page itself.

But no where in the guide that came with the Camera, OR in the user
manual for the 8200 that one can download off of the Sanyo site does it
go into detail on how to use the zoom feature.

Actual Camera use is easy, But I don't see any menu setting, or button
for Zoom.

Michael

"Michael L. Arends" <mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me where I can get detailed instructions on the zoom
> mode for the Camera on my Sanyo 8200?
>
> When I bought it, I knew it had a camera and Flash. But recently I've
> been reading that the camera has a built in zoom also.
>
> I originally saw this advertised, but then read the same on the Sanyo
> page itself.
>
> But no where in the guide that came with the Camera, OR in the user
> manual for the 8200 that one can download off of the Sanyo site does it
> go into detail on how to use the zoom feature.
>
> Actual Camera use is easy, But I don't see any menu setting, or button
> for Zoom.

Michael, I haven't seen the 8200, but I suspect it will have similar
controls to my 5300. I can't zoom when in high resolution. If I push the
bottom scroll button, it drops the resolution to Med, and I then push the
right scroll button to zoom. Only one zoom setting for Med. If I drop down
to Low resolution, I can zoom two times.

Bob

Smiling Wickedly, Bob Smith answered, In the year 5/29/2004 12:34 PM:
> "Michael L. Arends" <mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>Can anyone tell me where I can get detailed instructions on the zoom
>>mode for the Camera on my Sanyo 8200?
>>
>>When I bought it, I knew it had a camera and Flash. But recently I've
>>been reading that the camera has a built in zoom also.
>>
>>I originally saw this advertised, but then read the same on the Sanyo
>>page itself.
>>
>>But no where in the guide that came with the Camera, OR in the user
>>manual for the 8200 that one can download off of the Sanyo site does it
>>go into detail on how to use the zoom feature.
>>
>>Actual Camera use is easy, But I don't see any menu setting, or button
>>for Zoom.
>

> Michael, I haven't seen the 8200, but I suspect it will have similar
> controls to my 5300. I can't zoom when in high resolution. If I push the
> bottom scroll button, it drops the resolution to Med, and I then push the
> right scroll button to zoom. Only one zoom setting for Med. If I drop down
> to Low resolution, I can zoom two times.
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob. I'll try that.

It is in the manual. The zoom feature DOES NOT work with the camera
resolution set to the highest of 3 settings.

The zoom works on the middle or lowest resolution.

You use the left and right edges of the round rocker button to zoom in
and out.

Read the D*** manual. It is in the manual.

On Sat, 29 May 2004 19:18:26 GMT, "Michael L. Arends"

Smiling Wickedly, Lizard@Lair.com answered, In the year 6/7/2004 10:04 PM:
> It is in the manual. The zoom feature DOES NOT work with the camera
> resolution set to the highest of 3 settings.
>
> The zoom works on the middle or lowest resolution.
>
> You use the left and right edges of the round rocker button to zoom in
> and out.
>
> Read the D*** manual. It is in the manual.

NO! It's NOT!

I already figured it out though with some help from Bob Smith.