My Laptop doesn't show any wireless networks

idonotno75

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
So, I happened to do CD recovery a day ago; *Due to forgetting Administrator password* and now my laptop seems to not be able to pick up any wireless connections when there usually is a ton. Also every time my laptop restarts it always loads saying "Preparing for first time use" Like I used the CD recovery again. which I didn't. I thought that maybe it has to do with the Drivers and such, though im not very tech fancy, so I wouldn't exactly know where to find the correct driver to install, and which to install.
Here is my laptop's Information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MUOI-PC
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model U56E
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. U56E.208, 7/26/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Muoi-PC\Muoi
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 5.91 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.92 GB
Total Virtual Memory 11.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 8.49 GB
Page File Space 5.91 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Oh and lastly, I happened to notice on Driver manager, that on "other devices" there is a yellow exclamation point, on both of them: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 and Network Controller

If you were wondering, my Network adapters is: Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

Thank you~

Try first clicking on Update Drifer for both those entries and see if Windows can find a driver inside your system or on the Net. If that fails, click the Details tab and note down the four characters after VEN for Vendor and the four which follow DEV for Device. Using your other ocmpyter, go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and input those details in the relevant boxes and you will see the list of all the right manufacturer's products but sadly, they aren't in order. Use Internet Explorers Edit menu then Find to type in the DEVice ID and the search will find the correct entry. Follow the link to the site for the correct driver and download it. Transfer the driver files to the affected laptop using a flash drive and you should be online in minutes.

Your wireless adapter may have a physical switch or one of the Function keys might have the wireless icon on it. If so, use that one and the Fn key at the same time to turn the adapter on.

Rehem

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013

i dont understand where to find the first thing "update driver"???
thanks..

TRENDING THREADS