whats new in EVE? considering reactivating subscription..

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

i went out ard march-april this year. i understand there was an update.

whats the new stuff?

i heard player owned stations, some nerfing which obviously was not received
very well by some groups

i heard there were some new space environments? do these affect ships in any
way , like scanners etc?

also what about the planets, is there any use of them

and if there is anything else new or coming up please let me know. its very
difficult to extract the information from the forums and it seems CCP has
not publicised anything on the updates of the game or i am looking in the
wrong place
4 answers Last reply
More about whats reactivating subscription
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > whats the new stuff?
    >
    > i heard player owned stations, some nerfing which obviously was not
    > received very well by some groups
    >
    > i heard there were some new space environments? do these affect ships in
    > any way , like scanners etc?
    >
    > also what about the planets, is there any use of them
    >
    > and if there is anything else new or coming up please let me know. its
    > very difficult to extract the information from the forums and it seems CCP
    > has not publicised anything on the updates of the game or i am looking in
    > the wrong place

    http://www.eve-online.com/features/shiva/

    http://myeve.eve-online.com/updates/patchnotes.asp
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    well as i said the patchnotes are for "EVE insiders" only.

    anyway the features page is quite informatve. Question remains though, do
    all of this stuff work as advertised.

    also the new environments, it doesnt say wether these are just visual or the
    have some effect on the game.

    thx

    "Erland Andreassen" <wsg@lways.NO-SPAM.online.no> wrote in message

    >> whats the new stuff?
    >>
    >> i heard player owned stations, some nerfing which obviously was not
    >> received very well by some groups
    >>
    >> i heard there were some new space environments? do these affect ships in
    >> any way , like scanners etc?
    >>
    >> also what about the planets, is there any use of them
    >>
    >> and if there is anything else new or coming up please let me know. its
    >> very difficult to extract the information from the forums and it seems
    >> CCP has not publicised anything on the updates of the game or i am
    >> looking in the wrong place
    >
    > http://www.eve-online.com/features/shiva/
    >
    > http://myeve.eve-online.com/updates/patchnotes.asp

  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "> anyway the features page is quite informatve. Question remains though, do
    > all of this stuff work as advertised.
    >
    > also the new environments, it doesnt say wether these are just visual or
    > the have some effect on the game.
    >
    > thx

    They are deploying the last (final) castor patch in a few days, then next
    after that will be the Shiva patch, wich will bring the features descrived
    in the link I gave you.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "conan" <a1353@otenet.gr> wrote in message news:<cgs5va$fvs$1@usenet.otenet.gr>...
    > also the new environments, it doesnt say wether these are just visual or the
    > have some effect on the game.

    Environmental effect of space entities are there. Damaging, sensor
    dampening etc. Most will come by Shiva but some are in now with
    Castor.

PC gaming Games Video Games