Know of any decent reverb for $500?

Last response: in Home Audio
February 2, 2005 5:34:41 PM

I am deciding whether to go with a Waves bundle or something like a
lexicon rack for some good reverb on vocals. I'm just looking for a
soft room sound. Thanks!

Stubert

More about : decent reverb 500

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 8:50:47 PM

for what? I love the old Lex PCM60's which can be had a little less
than that.
later,
February 2, 2005 10:54:17 PM

In article <1107383681.866565.289900@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote:
>I am deciding whether to go with a Waves bundle or something like a
>lexicon rack for some good reverb on vocals. I'm just looking for a
>soft room sound. Thanks!

The Sony DPS-V55 is actually pretty respectable and sells very cheap on
the used market.
--scott

February 2, 2005 10:54:18 PM

> In article <1107383681.866565.289900@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> <kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I am deciding whether to go with a Waves bundle or something like a
> >lexicon rack for some good reverb on vocals. I'm just looking for a
> >soft room sound. Thanks!
>
> The Sony DPS-V55 is actually pretty respectable and sells very cheap on
> the used market.
> --scott

............and I've seen the V77's go for around $600.00 as well.

DJ
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 3:37:29 AM

You should be able to find a TC M2000 for this price. They originally cost a
couple grand!
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 4:08:00 AM

<kefkastudio> wrote:

> I am deciding whether to go with a Waves bundle or something like a
> lexicon rack for some good reverb on vocals. I'm just looking for a
> soft room sound. Thanks!

Get a LEX 500 or 550.

--
ha
February 3, 2005 11:19:46 AM

<kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am deciding whether to go with a Waves bundle or something like a
> lexicon rack for some good reverb on vocals. I'm just looking for a
> soft room sound. Thanks!

Quite underrated (and inexpensive now) is the old Lexicon LXP-1. Very warm,
natural and nice sound. Much nicer than the current line of mpx Lexicons.

~Daniel

> Stubert

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 3:16:15 PM

check out the Dynacord DRP 15 or DRP 20 reverb/delays, both have great
warm rooms and easily blow away the Lexicons under a grand...they're
more famous in Europe but can be had on ebay for under $500.....I think
the Sony Scott recommended is unbalanced, not sure if thats an issue.
!