Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Anybody using this? Ive been tinkering with it for a couple of days now and
it seems great! Real astro-physicswhatamacallits-edumacation needed.

Any body lend me a slide-rule?

Dan

On or about 8/31/2004 1:34:42 PM, Dan <dan@virgin.prg> said:
> Anybody using this? Ive been tinkering with it for a couple of days now and
> it seems great! Real astro-physicswhatamacallits-edumacation needed.

For anyone interested, here is the appropriate linkage:

http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~martins/orbit/orbit.html

> Any body lend me a slide-rule?

For instructions on obtaining your complimentary csipgs-s slide-rule,
please refer to VCF 7.2 of the FAQ.

Bret

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

> Some screen shots. Impressive?
>
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/hopskip/22237.html#cutid1

For a freeware project, it really is. Want to fly an Saturn/Apollo (or
Vulkan/Soyuz!) mission to the Moon? Use a Space-Tug to move satellites from
LEO to geo-synchronous orbit? Take off from Kennedy in a Delta Flyer and
travel to Mars?

Try it, its fantastic.

Homepage:
http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~martins/orbit/orbit.html

Add-ons :
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/ Home of the Delta Glider Mk3, a must-have.
http://www.moonport.org/
http://www.eharm.net/shop/freeware/orbiter/orbiter.html Excellent tutorials.
http://www.orbitmods.com/

Dan

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

The thing that puts me off orbiter is the idea you have to take a degree is
astrophysics just to play the game. I that wasnt the case Im sure it would
be more popular. Its like many games around at the moment - the developer
has forgotten that it a game after all! It should be made a little more user
friendly.

Hasnt the bloke looked into obtaining funding for releasing it as a full
price game? Im sure there would be loads of interest. Hes really losing out
on a load of money IMO by doing the thing is such a minor way. I mean Im
sure its fun and all but why doesnt he go about it properly which would
enable him to make it into a truly brilliant game available to the masses
instead of being as it is a rather quirky cult type thing? And make loads of
dosh for himself at the same time? Doesnt he have a job?
--

Regards

Nats

"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it."

"Dan" <dan@virigin.org> wrote in message
> > Some screen shots. Impressive?
> >
> > http://www.livejournal.com/users/hopskip/22237.html#cutid1
> >

> For a freeware project, it really is. Want to fly an Saturn/Apollo (or
> Vulkan/Soyuz!) mission to the Moon? Use a Space-Tug to move satellites
from
> LEO to geo-synchronous orbit? Take off from Kennedy in a Delta Flyer and
> travel to Mars?
>
> Try it, its fantastic.
>
> Homepage:
> http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~martins/orbit/orbit.html
>
> Add-ons :
> http://orbiter.dansteph.com/ Home of the Delta Glider Mk3, a must-have.
> http://www.moonport.org/
> http://www.eharm.net/shop/freeware/orbiter/orbiter.html Excellent
tutorials.
> http://www.orbitmods.com/
>
> Dan

---

On or about 9/3/2004 4:09:57 AM, Nats <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> said:
> The thing that puts me off orbiter is the idea you have to take a degree is
> astrophysics just to play the game. I that wasnt the case Im sure it would
> be more popular. Its like many games around at the moment - the developer
> has forgotten that it a game after all! It should be made a little more user
> friendly.
>
> Hasnt the bloke looked into obtaining funding for releasing it as a full
> price game? Im sure there would be loads of interest. Hes really losing out
> on a load of money IMO by doing the thing is such a minor way. I mean Im
> sure its fun and all but why doesnt he go about it properly which would
> enable him to make it into a truly brilliant game available to the masses
> instead of being as it is a rather quirky cult type thing?

Good question. I blame top-posters.

Cheers,

Bret

XaN