HTML question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting out on the HTML stuff.

I'm trying to set up a page containing two frames. Each occupying half of the screen. Now that much I've managed. I tried to have a heading (<h1> etc.) in the <head> section, before the <frameset> section, but it ignores the frames if I do this.

How do I do it?

Must I create another frame just for the header?

<b><font color=blue>~ Whew! Finished...Now all I need is a Cyrix badge ~ </font color=blue> :wink: </b>

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I wish I can help, but I'm retarded. I use FP2002. :frown: My links page has a few webmaster resources, especially for learning HTML, if you wanna check those out. <A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/links.html" target="_new">Linky</A>

Good luck!

<font color=red><A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com" target="_new">btvillarin.com</A> - My Windows XP-based Website</font color=red>

dishevel

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2002
split your frameset horizontaly first and use the top as the header then split the lower frame into the frams you want.

:eek: <font color=blue>Losers are for entertainment pourposes </font color=blue><font color=red>ONLY!</font color=red> :eek:

Hmmm. Yep. I have to get the frame without any scroll bar too. What's the crack on that please?

<b><font color=blue>~ What do you mean "It isn't working!"...Now where's my sonic screwdriver? ~ </font color=blue></b>

FatBurger

Illustrious
The frameset can only contain the links to the frames, anything else overrides it and displays the text.

To have a frame with no scroll bar, just make it so that the window is big enough not to need to scroll. I can tell you how to get rid of the gray line to make it seamless, but not how to get rid of the scroll bar.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

So what can I do?

I want to split a page in two with two scolling frames, and a title above both, the width of the screen. Am I too adventurous?

<b><font color=blue>~ What do you mean "It isn't working!"...Now where's my sonic screwdriver? ~ </font color=blue></b>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Not at all. Are you talking about vertical scroll bars or horizontal? I thought you mean vertical.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

Sorry, it's kinda easy this side of my eyes. LoL!

1st. Along the top of the page, a title which is as wide as the page (1024x768 if that matters). No scroll bars.

2nd. Two frames below split equally, each with vertical scroll bars.

Kind of like a 'T' with the title being seperate from the two frames.

Nope they're vertical. Here's what I have.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//WC3//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">

<html>

<head>

</head>

<FRAMESET COLS="50%,50%">

<FRAMESET ROWS="*,0">
<FRAME SRC="yadayada1.htm">
</FRAMESET>

<FRAMESET ROWS="*,0">
<FRAME SRC="yadayada2.htm">
</FRAMESET>
<NOFRAMES>

<body>

Your browser does not support frames. Please see <a href="yadayada1.htm">nonframes version</a>.

</body>
</NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>
</html>

Status
Not open for further replies.