Jumpgate celebrates it's 3rd birthday.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

ok, it might be a little day late or so but let me post this...

"NetDevil Ltd., today announced that massively multiplayer space
combat and trading simulation Jumpgate has achieved three years of
operation in the US.

'Jumpgate is a dream come to life, not just for many players, but for
us as developers,' commented Scott Brown, President of NetDevil Ltd.,
'We started NetDevil out by trying to make our dream of an
action-oriented online space game into reality. It is incredibly
gratifying to see it still going three years later.'

Join up with the enigmatic Quantar, the warlike Octavians or the
mercantilist Solrain as they work to defeat the alien Conflux menace
and rebuild civilization following the great collapse. Create an
account by visiting www.jossh.com. Jumpgate features a free ten-day
trial and is $9.95 per month thereafter.

Jumpgate is an online-only, massively multiplayer space simulation. As
the owner and pilot of a spacecraft, pilots acquire wealth and status
by engaging in trade, mining, or combat with both the AI-controlled
factions and other TRI pilots. Features include:

* Unique DANCER near-true-physics flight engine
* Customizable, upgradeable player-owned stations
* 3 playable factions with unique ships, equipment, and space
stations
* 48 ships in 16 different hull classifications
* Over 130 sectors to explore across two galaxies, including
hostile alien space
* 27 alien opponents of varying difficulty
* Faction and squad-based PvP space combat
* Dynamic supply/demand driven economy
* Over 250 different pieces of equipment created from over 100
material types
* Over 100 medals to collect, and 20 unique titles to earn
* Powerful artifacts found only through exploration
* Specialized mining vessels and equipment - refine ore into raw
materials
* Random mission generator - trade, combat, or the standard
delivery
* Registry system allows pilots to fly as civilians, pirates, and
honor guards
* Realtime web statistics on JOSSH.com"

in my opinion, Jumpgate is one of the best zero G, "dancer" flight
physics of any game. it's also probably the 1st to break the gameplay
mould by using "twitch" based combat. i tell you, this game is based
on pure player skills and not skill points. just to keep note that
this game is NOT a point and click game. so this game is best played
with a joystick.

see you later.
81 answers Last reply
More about jumpgate celebrates birthday
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 9/27/2004 6:31:15 AM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    said:

    > And the Russian Bride site is quite interesting too, let's all get one.

    I've ordered three on the premise that one or two might get lost during
    shipping.

    Bret

  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    please note. I did not type most this.

    listen, the north american version of Jumpgate has had little amount
    of online players for a long period of time, and you posting nonsense
    trash to make your self look big and say how other different games
    like eve online is better in one area than this game is NOT gonna
    help. and I so not appreciate that. if you don't like this game or me,
    simply ignore this thread.

    and if I was posting something that would be related to making free
    $$$ in an instant or pornography with links provided(ie: LOOK! FREE
    XXX PIX!!!), then you can call me a spammer. however, this is a news
    group related to space games(action orientated or stragety) and I AM
    on topic. thank you.

    the only developer istvan is trying his very best to correct most of
    the problems in Jumpgate after netdevil making many different mistakes
    to jumpgate in the past when players left the game in disgust after
    this.

    afterall, my main goal is to get more players to come and play
    jumpgate, not to be a big target for flamers to make themselves look
    big and everyone agrees with the flamer.

    everyone is free to express their different point of view IN A POLITE
    way why they dislike jumpgate, and I will take this discussion to the
    jumpgate community and developers to find a solution to see if they
    can correct this problem in order to make jumpgate a little better.

    I am a big fan of space flight/twitch based games when it comes to
    more of an action orientated way of combat than a space game using
    point and click method to tell your ship where to go, and RTS space
    games. i do not hate any other games that has RTS aspects in it with
    no twitch based involved, however they do board me 20 minutes after
    play.

    and last but not least, EVERY SINGLE GAME IS DIFFERENT, NOBODY IS
    PERFECT IN THIS WORLD. Thank you.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 9/27/2004 1:55:44 PM, intectermen <amphlis@graffiti.net> said:

    > and last but not least, EVERY SINGLE GAME IS DIFFERENT, NOBODY IS
    > PERFECT IN THIS WORLD. Thank you.

    Yes, yes, that's very nice. I whole-heartedly agree all around.

    Now, I can't help noticing that you probably need some Russian brides in
    your life. I'll put you down for four, but please don't hesitate to
    increase your order.

    Bret

  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:10:11 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 9/27/2004 6:31:15 AM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    >said:
    >
    >> And the Russian Bride site is quite interesting too, let's all get one.
    >
    >I've ordered three on the premise that one or two might get lost during
    >shipping.
    >
    >Bret

    Good man, put me down for a couple too. If we manage to get enough
    interest we may get a bulk discount. You in Jamesy?

    br d
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> writes:

    > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:10:11 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On or about 9/27/2004 6:31:15 AM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    >>said:
    >>
    >>> And the Russian Bride site is quite interesting too, let's all get one.
    >>
    >>I've ordered three on the premise that one or two might get lost during
    >>shipping.
    >>
    >>Bret
    >
    > Good man, put me down for a couple too. If we manage to get enough
    > interest we may get a bulk discount. You in Jamesy?

    What the hell, yeah, if it doesn't work out I could always open
    a pie shop ;)

    --
    James jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

    | <- Ce n'est pas ceci une pipe
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    MajorFreak wrote:

    > lots of bullshit
    topped with this link
    > www.russianbrides.ru

    If you ever loved Elite or Privateer, just try Jumpgate.
    The european server:
    http://www.mightygames.com

    there you can get an 10days Trial without the need of a Creditcard.
    Ingame, I guarantee you, there are lots of people, willing to help, to
    get you into the game. With some help it is possible in a pretty short
    time (about 15 to 20 hours of playing) to get to a rank you even can
    join battles and if YOU are really skilled, you are a threat with your
    'Medium Fighter', for example, to higher levels in bigger ships.In PVP
    is personel skill all that matters. As a skilled level 18, you have good
    chance against a level 50. Try this in other Massive online player games.
    Go out to the fluxx galaxy and learn how fast you get shot down (you
    can't die) against fluxx above level 8. But there are guys they shot
    down even big fluxx above level 20 in a Medium Fighter. It can be done
    --- if you are good enough. I for myself need a bigger fighter.
    You see, there is no 'WIN_Button' build in. It is all up to you.
    There are Squads, like mine, they act as mercenaries, there are squads
    acting as trader, hiring mercenaries for protection or fighting their
    wars. There are pirates, fractionalists, rebels. Just find out yourself.

    Noobs till level 10, and this is common practice, are a taboo for all.

    And finally the game is NOT Quake in Space.

    Ciao Hans
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 9/27/2004 3:13:54 PM, Hans Jankowitsch
    <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> said:

    > Noobs till level 10, and this is common practice, are a taboo for all.
    >
    > And finally the game is NOT Quake in Space.
    >
    > Ciao Hans

    He posts from Germany and signs off in Italian. I'm thinking Hans can
    probably handle five or six Russian brides. I'll put him down for eight.

    Bret

  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Bret Ripley wrote:
    > On or about 9/27/2004 3:13:54 PM, Hans Jankowitsch
    > <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> said:
    >

    >>Noobs till level 10, and this is common practice, are a taboo for all.
    >>
    >>And finally the game is NOT Quake in Space.
    >>
    >>Ciao Hans
    >

    > He posts from Germany and signs off in Italian. I'm thinking Hans can
    > probably handle five or six Russian brides. I'll put him down for eight.
    >
    > Bret

    Quickly Bret!

    Arrange a 747 full of em!

    I will set up the trucking!

    Now!

    Exclaimation Point!

    Don!
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    well gee, if my english skills were professional, then I would be
    saying it in my own words.. unlike i am 14 years old, still new to the
    internet, yes I played jumpgate for a little on the eu.

    if i was to say it in my own words, there wouldn't be any intellegent
    words in my post plus people would not understand what I said.

    jesus i was trying to get jumpgate mentoined more on the internet. not
    to get flamed by some internet vets who act tend like their 10 years
    old or think they are so big thinking that they rule the newsgroups.

    there is abolutly nothing wrong with copying someones context from the
    official website and posting it here. i seen gaming community sites
    post news from the official develoers context.

    thank you.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Hans Jankowitsch <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> wrote in message news:<cja38c$l4d$02$1@news.t-online.com>...
    > MajorFreak wrote:
    >
    > > lots of bullshit
    > topped with this link
    > > www.russianbrides.ru
    >
    > If you ever loved Elite or Privateer, just try Jumpgate.
    > The european server:
    > http://www.mightygames.com
    >
    > there you can get an 10days Trial without the need of a Creditcard.
    > Ingame, I guarantee you, there are lots of people, willing to help, to
    > get you into the game. With some help it is possible in a pretty short
    > time (about 15 to 20 hours of playing) to get to a rank you even can
    > join battles and if YOU are really skilled, you are a threat with your
    > 'Medium Fighter', for example, to higher levels in bigger ships.In PVP
    > is personel skill all that matters. As a skilled level 18, you have good
    > chance against a level 50. Try this in other Massive online player games.
    > Go out to the fluxx galaxy and learn how fast you get shot down (you
    > can't die) against fluxx above level 8. But there are guys they shot
    > down even big fluxx above level 20 in a Medium Fighter. It can be done
    > --- if you are good enough. I for myself need a bigger fighter.
    > You see, there is no 'WIN_Button' build in. It is all up to you.
    > There are Squads, like mine, they act as mercenaries, there are squads
    > acting as trader, hiring mercenaries for protection or fighting their
    > wars. There are pirates, fractionalists, rebels. Just find out yourself.
    >
    > Noobs till level 10, and this is common practice, are a taboo for all.
    >
    > And finally the game is NOT Quake in Space.
    >
    > Ciao Hans

    I played the euro server, Hardley any equipment for fighters at
    factional stations. They are hauled to either a private POS, or a POS
    where they charge the equipment for double the price. They call you a
    pamperd noob, and tell you to get the equipment from the station that
    produces it. I spent a half an hour trying to get a full equipment for
    a tensity.

    Back in the old day of the EU server, civ ripping has gone ramprant
    where:

    * An alliance called LLA civ ripped anyone that was in Dark Gateway
    sector.

    * The Dark Path went around regulated space looking for enemy squads
    in civ tags to rip.

    * A squad called Easy Fraggin civ ripped the hell out of everyone no
    matter what level, tag, and what space you were in. I used to like
    that squad until they started cheating.

    I wish I can play on the EU server and kill the bad guys but I live in
    US and play on the US side in jumpgate all the time.

    The US side of Jumpgate, theres hardley any player killers, but very
    seldomly pirates who tend to steal your cargo. Most of the time in
    PvP, theres one pro faction squad that shoots another Pro faction
    squad which happens most of the time. People on the US server left you
    alone almost all the time in unreg space if you are neutrial and
    unsquadded.

    Ok, thats enough of my stupid posting. :)
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 01:21:44 GMT, Don Ertman <helms.deep@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Bret Ripley wrote:
    >> On or about 9/27/2004 3:13:54 PM, Hans Jankowitsch
    >> <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> said:
    >>

    >>>Noobs till level 10, and this is common practice, are a taboo for all.
    >>>
    >>>And finally the game is NOT Quake in Space.
    >>>
    >>>Ciao Hans
    >>

    >> He posts from Germany and signs off in Italian. I'm thinking Hans can
    >> probably handle five or six Russian brides. I'll put him down for eight.
    >>
    >> Bret
    >>

    >Quickly Bret!
    >
    >Arrange a 747 full of em!

    Now we're talking!

    >I will set up the trucking!

    Wow! You'll set up the...oh, the trucking.

    >Now!

    Yes!

    >Exclaimation Point!

    Question mark!

    >Don!

    !! !
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    amphlis@graffiti.net (intectermen) wrote in message news:<21fe2005.0409281052.7a4425e2@posting.google.com>...
    > well gee, if my english skills were professional, then I would be
    > saying it in my own words.. unlike i am 14 years old, still new to the
    > internet, yes I played jumpgate for a little on the eu.
    >
    > if i was to say it in my own words, there wouldn't be any intellegent
    > words in my post plus people would not understand what I said.

    See my above post. There, now that i've dealt with the "boo hoo" issue
    i'll treat you like an equal.

    > jesus i was trying to get jumpgate mentoined more on the internet. not
    > to get flamed by some internet vets who act tend like their 10 years
    > old or think they are so big thinking that they rule the newsgroups.
    >
    > there is abolutly nothing wrong with copying someones context from the
    > official website and posting it here. i seen gaming community sites
    > post news from the official develoers context.
    >
    > thank you.
    No, let me tell you what everyone here thinks: You got all happy
    cause you had this brilliant idea to help the fabulous community that
    your involved in by spreading the good news that the game you love to
    play has survived and prospered for THREE whole years. Through your
    diligent, but misguidedly naive, research techniques of finding out
    places to spread the official good news you discovered the jewel in
    the rough that is USENET. Now, being decidely ignorant of the hatred
    most intelligent folk have of publishing company box cover "features"
    you decide that this forum constitutes a 'gaming community site' full
    of people like you who're sick of pointless simulation games chock
    full of problems.

    take a hike, bo peep. The only person thinking they are 'big' or
    'rulez' the newsgroups is you. (you just dress it up in, "omg i so
    righteous" trollage, instead of being honest in the fact you've not
    had the guts to post what you REALLY think of the game)

    We admire honesty. Go play Battlecruiser and leave us alone till DS
    trains you how to REALLY spam like a mindless drone.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    BTW, one more thing: Congratulations, your thread has been the only
    'Jumpgate' thread in years to last more than 3 days at the top in
    usenet. That's an accomplishment you can take credit for.

    Bush said:
    "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists"
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Bret Ripley schrieb:
    > On or about 9/27/2004 3:13:54 PM, Hans Jankowitsch
    > <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> said:
    >

    >>Noobs till level 10, and this is common practice, are a taboo for all.
    >>
    >>And finally the game is NOT Quake in Space.
    >>
    >>Ciao Hans
    >

    > He posts from Germany and signs off in Italian. I'm thinking Hans can
    > probably handle five or six Russian brides. I'll put him down for eight.
    >
    > Bret

    Why not, this is Europe. Ciao is a pretty common phrase over here.
    What other languages do you speak?
    Go out watch your porno sides, dream wet dreams and ...
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:48:36 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >I still have a few seats left, but she'll need to be able to handle the
    >responsibilities of exit-row seating. I'll put him down for that strapping
    >lass from that logging camp in Kamchatka, if Lemming hasn't already spoken
    >for her.
    >
    >Bret

    Well Bret, I stood off for 24 hours to give the rodent a chance to
    jump in but he's gone all shy apparently. So I wondered, you know, if
    maybe, <scrapes foot in dirt> I could add Svetlana from the timber
    farm to my own carriage list. I have an idea she may be able to help
    me get some wood.

    br d
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 9/29/2004 12:13:53 PM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    said:
    > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:48:36 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I still have a few seats left, but she'll need to be able to handle the
    >>responsibilities of exit-row seating. I'll put him down for that strapping
    >>lass from that logging camp in Kamchatka, if Lemming hasn't already spoken
    >>for her.
    >>
    >>Bret
    >
    > Well Bret, I stood off for 24 hours to give the rodent a chance to
    > jump in but he's gone all shy apparently. So I wondered, you know, if
    > maybe, <scrapes foot in dirt> I could add Svetlana from the timber
    > farm to my own carriage list. I have an idea she may be able to help
    > me get some wood.

    Put down the mouse, and step away from keyboard.

    Suddenly, everyone has to be a bloody èãâÞçÝÞ.

    Bret

  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:43:56 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 9/29/2004 12:13:53 PM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    >said:
    >> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:48:36 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I still have a few seats left, but she'll need to be able to handle the
    >>>responsibilities of exit-row seating. I'll put him down for that strapping
    >>>lass from that logging camp in Kamchatka, if Lemming hasn't already spoken
    >>>for her.
    >>>
    >>>Bret
    >>
    >> Well Bret, I stood off for 24 hours to give the rodent a chance to
    >> jump in but he's gone all shy apparently. So I wondered, you know, if
    >> maybe, <scrapes foot in dirt> I could add Svetlana from the timber
    >> farm to my own carriage list. I have an idea she may be able to help
    >> me get some wood.
    >
    >Put down the mouse, and step away from keyboard.
    >
    >Suddenly, everyone has to be a bloody èãâÞçÝÞ.
    >
    >Bret

    So, everyone has to be a bloody "to igvYuzEYu" (According to
    babelfish?).

    What idiot put Ripley in charge of the arrangements?
    Let's face it lads, all our five year plans will come to nothing.
    Sheesh.

    br d
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 9/29/2004 1:03:03 PM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    said:
    > On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:43:56 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On or about 9/29/2004 12:13:53 PM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    >>said:

    >>> Well Bret, I stood off for 24 hours to give the rodent a chance to
    >>> jump in but he's gone all shy apparently. So I wondered, you know, if
    >>> maybe, <scrapes foot in dirt> I could add Svetlana from the timber
    >>> farm to my own carriage list. I have an idea she may be able to help
    >>> me get some wood.
    >>
    >>Put down the mouse, and step away from keyboard.
    >>
    >>Suddenly, everyone has to be a bloody èãâÞçÝÞ.
    >>
    >>Bret
    >

    > So, everyone has to be a bloody "to igvYuzEYu" (According to
    > babelfish?).

    Why not, this is Merka. "To igvYuzEYu" is a pretty common phrase over
    here. What other languages do you speak?

    > What idiot put Ripley in charge of the arrangements?

    Remarkable, isn't it? I often find myself amazed by the silly little
    twists and turns life sometimes takes. One day I'm a socially conservative
    farmer with poor fashion sense, and the next I'm a Cossack Pimp-Daddy.

    > Let's face it lads, all our five year plans will come to nothing.
    > Sheesh.

    Five year plans? Good Lord, man: Russian Brides charge by the hour ...
    even the sweet, demure Svetlana fresh from the Kamchatka hinterlands
    (sigh).

    Bret

  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:44:16 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >Sie sind in einem Labyrinth der twisty kleinen durchgänge ganz gleich. Sie
    >sind wahrscheinlich, durch ein grue gegessen zu werden.

    See what I mean about reading comprehension? I didn't understand a
    word of what you wrote.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 28 Sep 2004 11:52:53 -0700, amphlis@graffiti.net (intectermen)
    wrote:

    >if i was to say it in my own words, there wouldn't be any intellegent
    >words in my post plus people would not understand what I said.

    </AOL>

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:13:53 +0100, br d
    <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:48:36 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>I still have a few seats left, but she'll need to be able to handle the
    >>responsibilities of exit-row seating. I'll put him down for that strapping
    >>lass from that logging camp in Kamchatka, if Lemming hasn't already spoken
    >>for her.
    >>
    >>Bret
    >
    >Well Bret, I stood off for 24 hours to give the rodent a chance to
    >jump in but he's gone all shy apparently. So I wondered, you know, if
    >maybe, <scrapes foot in dirt> I could add Svetlana from the timber
    >farm to my own carriage list. I have an idea she may be able to help
    >me get some wood.

    Oi, shithead; I've been on the bit-face for the last few days writing
    a quick (quick?) graph plotting program so my daughter can pass her
    pre-calculus phase-tests. Anyway, it was a good weekend, and I'm
    looking forward to shagging some Italians in Southend. Or was it
    Brighton? I forget.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:03:03 +0100, br d
    <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

    >What idiot put Ripley in charge of the arrangements?
    >Let's face it lads, all our five year plans will come to nothing.

    No change there then.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 28 Sep 2004 15:37:57 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    wrote:

    >Bush said:
    >"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists"

    I don't see any difference between the two.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<9m4pl0ht4i6eie8i74m544j1tr4qgbt17m@4ax.com>...
    > On 28 Sep 2004 15:37:57 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Bush said:
    > >"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists"
    >
    > I don't see any difference between the two.
    >
    > Lemming

    ah yes, the "any news is good news" crowd arrives.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:09:24 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 9/29/2004 1:03:03 PM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    >said:

    >> So, everyone has to be a bloody "to igvYuzEYu" (According to
    >> babelfish?).
    >
    >Why not, this is Merka. "To igvYuzEYu" is a pretty common phrase over
    >here. What other languages do you speak?

    Solarian, Imperium Galactian, Formician and Sanitatian.

    >> What idiot put Ripley in charge of the arrangements?
    >
    >Remarkable, isn't it? I often find myself amazed by the silly little
    >twists and turns life sometimes takes. One day I'm a socially conservative
    >farmer with poor fashion sense, and the next I'm a Cossack Pimp-Daddy.

    Just as long as you're making an honest buck.

    >> Let's face it lads, all our five year plans will come to nothing.
    >> Sheesh.
    >
    >Five year plans? Good Lord, man: Russian Brides charge by the hour ...
    >even the sweet, demure Svetlana fresh from the Kamchatka hinterlands
    >(sigh).

    Yeah, but the hourly rate in the Kamchatka hinterlands is
    exponentially smaller than the average western hooker charges you
    when you're in town on a farmers convention or fashion shoot. World
    prostitution rates work like the richter scale (all 'did the earth
    move' nob jokes not withstanding).

    br d
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Solarian, Imperium Galactian, Formician and Sanitatian.

    At least you're honest enough not to include Onslaughtian.

    // Xan, Ph.D.
    // I worship His Shadow.
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 18:42:30 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

    >"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Solarian, Imperium Galactian, Formician and Sanitatian.
    >
    >At least you're honest enough not to include Onslaughtian.

    No Fire Button!!!

    br d
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 1 Oct 2004 08:43:00 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    wrote:

    >Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<9m4pl0ht4i6eie8i74m544j1tr4qgbt17m@4ax.com>...
    >> On 28 Sep 2004 15:37:57 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Bush said:
    >> >"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists"
    >>
    >> I don't see any difference between the two.
    >>
    >> Lemming
    >
    >ah yes, the "any news is good news" crowd arrives.

    On the contrary, my dear MF; it's all bad news.

    Lemming (surrender monkey)
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Hello,

    Lemming schrieb:
    > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:44:16 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Sie sind in einem Labyrinth der twisty kleinen durchgänge ganz gleich. Sie
    >>sind wahrscheinlich, durch ein grue gegessen zu werden.
    >

    > See what I mean about reading comprehension? I didn't understand a
    > word of what you wrote.
    >
    > Lemming

    there is nothing to understand, it is an absolutly senseless string of
    german words.
    Anyways, this hole newsgroup has become absolut senselesss and rude.
    Like so much else, captured by US citizens. Even if US people (no, I I'm
    not going to say 'Americans', because I don't wanna insult Latin
    Americans and Canadians) try to communicate, that sounds like they are
    at war. Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another story.

    Ciao Hans
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > No Fire Button!!!

    'No monitor' would be a better description of your performance.

    // Xan, Ph.D.
    // I worship His Shadow.
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 02:39:48 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

    >"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> No Fire Button!!!
    >
    >'No monitor' would be a better description of your performance.

    I do too have a monitor!
    I simply choose not to switch it on, that's all, I can do that if I
    want. You see, I live in Europe, where we are still allowed to think
    for ourselves, one day a week, just before breakfast.

    We were team mates once, turncoat.

    br d
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:11:48 +0200, Hans Jankowitsch wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Lemming schrieb:
    >> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:44:16 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Sie sind in einem Labyrinth der twisty kleinen durchgänge ganz gleich. Sie
    >>>sind wahrscheinlich, durch ein grue gegessen zu werden.
    >>

    >> See what I mean about reading comprehension? I didn't understand a
    >> word of what you wrote.
    >>
    >> Lemming
    >
    > there is nothing to understand, it is an absolutly senseless string of
    > german words.

    I suspected as much. For instance, "grue" isn't a word in any language.

    > Anyways, this hole newsgroup has become absolut senselesss and rude.

    My good man: I have not yet begun to be senseless.

    > Like so much else, captured by US citizens.

    Don't give up hope: we have a plan to wrest control from the likes of br d
    and Lemming.

    > Even if US people (no, I I'm
    > not going to say 'Americans', because I don't wanna insult Latin
    > Americans and Canadians)

    Why not? I think you would probably be rather good at it.

    > try to communicate, that sounds like they are
    > at war.

    Vee don't mean to zound zat vay. Vee just vatch too many var movies on ze
    television, jah?

    Anyway, I still have 6 Russian Brides reserved for you. Rest assured: they
    have promised not to discuss Stalingrad's winter weather while you are in
    the room.

    > Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another story.

    You're not whistling Dixie, Hans. Fortunately, swallowing all the scheiss
    our illegal governmnet shovels our way is not compulsory.

    > Ciao Hans

    Ciao Hans.

    Bret
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:07:30 +0200, Hans Jankowitsch
    <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> wrote:

    >ps. why did this newsgroup die in the last 2 years?

    Entropy.

    br d
  34. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > I do too have a monitor!
    > I simply choose not to switch it on, that's all, I can do that if I
    > want.

    Semantics.

    > You see, I live in Europe, where we are still allowed to think
    > for ourselves, one day a week, just before breakfast.

    That would explain your current handle.

    > We were team mates once, turncoat.

    I wear no clothes. I am a machine.

    // Xan, Ph.D.
    // I worship His Shadow.
  35. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:07:30 +0200, Hans Jankowitsch
    <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> wrote:

    >ps. why did this newsgroup die in the last 2 years?

    Not enough Smarts.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  36. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:11:48 +0200, Hans Jankowitsch
    <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Lemming schrieb:
    >> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:44:16 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Sie sind in einem Labyrinth der twisty kleinen durchgänge ganz gleich. Sie
    >>>sind wahrscheinlich, durch ein grue gegessen zu werden.
    >>

    >> See what I mean about reading comprehension? I didn't understand a
    >> word of what you wrote.
    >>
    >> Lemming
    >
    >there is nothing to understand, it is an absolutly senseless string of
    >german words.

    Ah, Ok. Thanks.

    >Anyways, this hole newsgroup has become absolut senselesss and rude.

    you say that as though it's a bad thing.

    >Like so much else, captured by US citizens.

    Not so much "captured" as "occupied". but we'll get rid of 'em, come
    the revolution, make no mistake. Except for Bret - he's an honorary
    Brit.

    >Even if US people (no, I I'm
    >not going to say 'Americans', because I don't wanna insult Latin
    >Americans and Canadians) try to communicate, that sounds like they are
    >at war.

    Umm ... they *are* at war. Haven't you heard? They are At War With
    Evil.

    >Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another story.

    I didn't know I had an illegal government, although admittedly there
    *are* two separate motions about to be raised to impeach Phoney Bliar
    for lying to the country, lying to parliament, for the mass murder of
    innocents and for beign a smarmy git. Such a pity they won't be
    allowed to go through.

    >Ciao Hans

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  37. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 2 Oct 2004 20:51:43 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)

    >STANDARD IDIOT REPLY FORM ( version 1.3.0 )

    Is this is the form used by standard idiots when they can't think of
    an original reply?

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  38. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<20c0m0lrkt4g0tu4j2j19vd2qa89o1b4g6@4ax.com>...
    > On 2 Oct 2004 20:51:43 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    > wrote:

    > >---------------------------------------------------------
    > >STANDARD IDIOT REPLY FORM ( version 1.3.0 )
    >
    > Is this is the form used by standard idiots when they can't think of
    > an original reply?
    >
    > Lemming

    That's cause you've got a monopoly on spontaneity
  39. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Hans Jankowitsch wrote:

    >Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another
    >story.
    >
    > Ciao Hans

    Perhaps we should start another, you know like in a Munich beerhall.

    Oh wait, that's been done.

    Seig Hugs and Kisses,

    Don
  40. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

    > Don't give up hope: we have a plan to wrest control from the likes of br d
    > and Lemming.

    We should put Hans in control. Okay Hans, you're in control. You have no
    steering, no acceleration, and no brakes but, if someone doesn't get to
    where they want to go then it will be your fault.

    > > Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another story.
    >
    > You're not whistling Dixie, Hans. Fortunately, swallowing all the scheiss
    > our illegal governmnet shovels our way is not compulsory.

    Now you tell me. Better late than never though.
  41. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/3/2004 11:44:55 AM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    said:

    > All those rape rooms in Islington, torture chambers in
    > Chelsea and poison gas laboratories in Westminster.

    Don't look now, but one of your esteemed allies employs torture and
    possesses chemical weapons.

    Bret

  42. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/3/2004 2:54:48 PM, Don Ertman <helms.deep@verizon.net> said:
    > Hans Jankowitsch wrote:
    >
    >>Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another
    >>story.
    >>
    >> Ciao Hans
    >>

    > Perhaps we should start another, you know like in a Munich beerhall.

    You must admit that a Munich beerhall connotes a bit more ambience than a
    Dade County Wal-Mart.

    > Oh wait, that's been done.

    And perhaps about to be undone if last week's debate can be taken as any
    indication.

    So, played any good space-sims lately? Sometime this week, I hope to pick
    up a copy of Rome: Total War (Newtonian physics, no joystick support).

    Bret

  43. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming schrieb:

    >>Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another story.
    >

    > I didn't know I had an illegal government, although admittedly there
    > *are* two separate motions about to be raised to impeach Phoney Bliar
    > for lying to the country, lying to parliament, for the mass murder of
    > innocents and for beign a smarmy git. Such a pity they won't be
    > allowed to go through.

    do you remember your last presidential elections? Especially in Florida?
    Thousends of innocent, honourable Black citizens, couldn't vote because
    they appeared on a list of heavy criminals, whose are not allowed to
    vote. Besides the blaming counting of the votes. That is btw. the reason
    the next election in the USA will be controlled by an international
    organization, the OECD. Usally they are watching elections in Uganda or
    Nigeria.

    > Lemming

    Ciao Hans
  44. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/4/2004 8:56:17 AM, Hans Jankowitsch
    <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> said:
    > Lemming schrieb:
    >

    >>>Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another story.
    >>

    >> I didn't know I had an illegal government, although admittedly there
    >> *are* two separate motions about to be raised to impeach Phoney Bliar
    >> for lying to the country, lying to parliament, for the mass murder of
    >> innocents and for beign a smarmy git. Such a pity they won't be
    >> allowed to go through.
    >
    > do you remember your last presidential elections? Especially in Florida?

    [Pulls up chair, bowl of popcorn and refreshing beverage at the ready]

  45. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/4/2004 8:56:17 AM, Hans Jankowitsch
    <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> said:

    > That is btw. the reason
    > the next election in the USA will be controlled

    I think you mean "observed".

    > by an international organization, the OECD.

    I think you mean the OSCE (OECD deals with economic development). The UN's
    OSCE will be here to observe the elections at the invitation of President
    Bush. They also observed our 2002 elections.

    > Usally they are watching elections in Uganda or
    > Nigeria.

    The OSCE doesn't list any election reports for those particular nations,
    but they do list reports for other third-world countries such as France,
    Spain, and Scotland.

    Look, Hans, I know you are trying very hard to be nasty and insulting, and
    on that level I appreciate your participation in this froup. However, I'm
    sorry to have to inform you that you are simply too . . . well . . . nice.
    Simply put, you are just not up to "flame-war" snuff ATM. Maybe you and
    Daniel Blakemore can find a quiet corner and practice flaming each other
    for awhile. It'll do you both a world of good.

    Cheers,

    Bret

  46. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:35:13 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 10/3/2004 11:44:55 AM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    >said:
    >
    >> All those rape rooms in Islington, torture chambers in
    >> Chelsea and poison gas laboratories in Westminster.
    >
    >Don't look now, but one of your esteemed allies employs torture and
    >possesses chemical weapons.

    No doubt they all do. I was corpsed yesterday and probably shouldn't
    have took the bait. Anyway, Lem will be too busy trying to remember
    when we last had presidential elections to notice.

    br d
  47. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:56:17 +0200, Hans Jankowitsch
    <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> wrote:

    >Lemming schrieb:
    >

    >>>Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another story.
    >>

    >> I didn't know I had an illegal government, although admittedly there
    >> *are* two separate motions about to be raised to impeach Phoney Bliar
    >> for lying to the country, lying to parliament, for the mass murder of
    >> innocents and for beign a smarmy git. Such a pity they won't be
    >> allowed to go through.
    >
    >do you remember your last presidential elections? Especially in Florida?

    I can honestly say I don't remember ever having taken part in a
    presidential election in my country, either as a candidate or as a
    voter.

    >Thousends of innocent, honourable Black citizens, couldn't vote because
    >they appeared on a list of heavy criminals, whose are not allowed to
    >vote. Besides the blaming counting of the votes. That is btw. the reason
    >the next election in the USA will be controlled by an international
    >organization, the OECD. Usally they are watching elections in Uganda or
    > Nigeria.

    I have no recollection of this ever happening in my country.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  48. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:03:42 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 10/4/2004 8:56:17 AM, Hans Jankowitsch
    ><hans.jankowitsch@web.de> said:

    >>> I didn't know I had an illegal government, although admittedly there
    >>> *are* two separate motions about to be raised to impeach Phoney Bliar
    >>> for lying to the country, lying to parliament, for the mass murder of
    >>> innocents and for beign a smarmy git. Such a pity they won't be
    >>> allowed to go through.
    >>
    >> do you remember your last presidential elections? Especially in Florida?
    >
    >[Pulls up chair, bowl of popcorn and refreshing beverage at the ready]

    Sorry to disappoint Bret, but I'm being gentle with him this time.
    Everyone gets three strikes ...

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  49. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:54:48 GMT, Don Ertman <helms.deep@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Hans Jankowitsch wrote:
    >
    >>Ok your illegal government tells you this, but that's another
    >>story.
    >>
    >> Ciao Hans
    >>

    >Perhaps we should start another, you know like in a Munich beerhall.
    >
    >Oh wait, that's been done.
    >
    >Seig Hugs and Kisses,

    Can I invoke Godwin if he doesn't actually say *THAT* word?

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

PC gaming Video Games