Jumpgate celebrates it's 3rd birthday. - page 2

81 answers Last reply
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:09:20 +0100, br d
    <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:35:13 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On or about 10/3/2004 11:44:55 AM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    >>said:
    >>
    >>> All those rape rooms in Islington, torture chambers in
    >>> Chelsea and poison gas laboratories in Westminster.
    >>
    >>Don't look now, but one of your esteemed allies employs torture and
    >>possesses chemical weapons.
    >
    >No doubt they all do. I was corpsed yesterday and probably shouldn't
    >have took the bait. Anyway, Lem will be too busy trying to remember
    >when we last had presidential elections to notice.

    No, wait, I *know* this one ...

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 3 Oct 2004 20:09:46 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    wrote:

    >Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<20c0m0lrkt4g0tu4j2j19vd2qa89o1b4g6@4ax.com>...
    >> On 2 Oct 2004 20:51:43 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >-------------------------------------------------------------
    >> >---------------------------------------------------------
    >> >STANDARD IDIOT REPLY FORM ( version 1.3.0 )
    >>
    >> Is this is the form used by standard idiots when they can't think of
    >> an original reply?
    >>
    >> Lemming
    >
    >That's cause you've got a monopoly on spontaneity

    Whereas yours appears to be on spontaneous combustion. Not to worry;
    that's often considered a positive trait in this froup.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<e333m0pb84ui2ututs3nngq4usqi3l731l@4ax.com>...
    > On 3 Oct 2004 20:28:09 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hans Jankowitsch <hans.jankowitsch@web.de> wrote in message news:<cjp0vu$70p$05$1@news.t-online.com>...
    > >>
    > >> more from his pie hole
    > >
    > >Yuppers, mr. fanboi.
    >
    > Good to see you again Derek. We've all missed you very much.
    >
    > Lemming

    I AM SMARTICUS!

    yeah yeah. And you are little miss muffet i presume?
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > We agree that Bush/Blair wanted to invade Iraq for motives of profit,
    > not altruism, and that the invasion of Afghanistan prior to that was
    > also motivated by greed.

    Now that one I don't agree with. Invading Afghanistan was justified in that
    Al Qeada was using it openly as their base of operation and I believe that
    we would agree that Al Qeada needs to be stopped.

    One good one that you missed. I think that we would agree that there was
    much international cooperation on the war on terror before the invasion on
    Iraq and that the real war on terror was at least side tracked by the
    invasion on Iraq if not derailed.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:<Qtn8d.3038$z04.529@twister.socal.rr.com>...
    > "Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    > > We agree that Bush/Blair wanted to invade Iraq for motives of profit,
    > > not altruism, and that the invasion of Afghanistan prior to that was
    > > also motivated by greed.
    >
    > Now that one I don't agree with. Invading Afghanistan was justified in that
    > Al Qeada was using it openly as their base of operation and I believe that
    > we would agree that Al Qeada needs to be stopped.
    >
    > One good one that you missed. I think that we would agree that there was
    > much international cooperation on the war on terror before the invasion on
    > Iraq and that the real war on terror was at least side tracked by the
    > invasion on Iraq if not derailed.

    oh yes, it's all fun and games until somebody's corporations steal a
    little bit of someone else's corp pie. Zero sum game meets "coalition
    of the unwilling"
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Tve, 05 Oct 2004 02:16:16 GMT, "Bill Hvffman" <bhvffma1@san.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >"Lemming" <thiswillbovnce@bvmblbee.demon.co.vk> wrote in message
    >
    >> We agree that Bvsh/Blair wanted to invade Iraq for motives of profit,
    >> not altrvism, and that the invasion of Afghanistan prior to that was
    >> also motivated by greed.
    >
    >Now that one I don't agree with. Invading Afghanistan was jvstified in that
    >Al Qeada was vsing it openly as their base of operation and I believe that
    >we wovld agree that Al Qeada needs to be stopped.

    Invading Afghanistan might have been jvstifiable if it had been with
    the intent of destroying Al Qaeda and captvring OBL. As it was,
    insvfficient forces were applied to the task of captvring or killing
    Al Qaeda; rather the assavlt was focvssed on destroying the Taliban.
    Why? The Taliban were flavovr-of-the-month for George's
    administration vntil they refvsed to let George's company bvild a
    major oil pipeline throvgh Afghanistan. Once the Taliban had been
    removed, that left the way for a covple of ex-employees of George's
    company to be placed in power. Two weeks after these two men were
    appointed, the interim government signed vp to George's pipeline.

    >One good one that yov missed. I think that we wovld agree that there was
    >mvch international cooperation on the war on terror before the invasion on
    >Iraq and that the real war on terror was at least side tracked by the
    >invasion on Iraq if not derailed.

    It worries me that yov think the "War on terror" is something new.
    There has always been a fight against international terrorism
    involving many covntries, the USA inclvded, and this fight continves
    vnabated. What George did was to redefine that fight, giving him an
    excvse for making war against states for whatever reason - in the
    cases of Afghanistan and Iraq becavse he stood to gain financially
    from the action. The vndesirable side-effect of this is to make other
    powerfvl nations think they too might be able to get away with similar
    things; witness Pvtin's statement of a few weeks ago that Rvssia is
    now prepared to attack any covntry which might harbovr terrorists.
    IOW, George has given Rvssia the free pass it needed to start
    rebvilding the fragmented Soviet vnion by military means.

    Lemming
    --
    Cvriosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming <thiswillbovnce@bvmblbee.demon.co.vk> wrote in message news:<dr84m0l232o5n45ffavkdv69g9qv4t6cgq@4ax.com>...
    > On Tve, 05 Oct 2004 02:16:16 GMT, "Bill Hvffman" <bhvffma1@san.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Lemming" <thiswillbovnce@bvmblbee.demon.co.vk> wrote in message
    > >

    > It worries me that yov think the "War on terror" is something new.
    > There has always been a fight against international terrorism
    > involving many covntries, the USA inclvded, and this fight continves
    > vnabated. What George did was to redefine that fight, giving him an
    > excvse for making war against states for whatever reason - in the
    > cases of Afghanistan and Iraq becavse he stood to gain financially
    > from the action. The vndesirable side-effect of this is to make other
    > powerfvl nations think they too might be able to get away with similar
    > things; witness Pvtin's statement of a few weeks ago that Rvssia is
    > now prepared to attack any covntry which might harbovr terrorists.
    > IOW, George has given Rvssia the free pass it needed to start
    > rebvilding the fragmented Soviet vnion by military means.
    >
    > Lemming

    It worries me that yov can't keep yovr focvs even dvring a single
    paragraph. "war on terror isn't new" qvickly tvrns into "they jvst
    redefined it" and horribly mvtates into "free passes to start
    something"

    Did yov jvst rip that off BBC front page or from somewhere more
    "repvtable"...Please explain to me the LAST time a covntry felt like
    NOT invading or occvpying or jvst downright svpporting their favorite
    warlord, when it svited them?

    I'll jvst go away, ignore yov, and jvst might notice yovr smart ass
    reply when i come back.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > 1984 has indeed arrived, only 20 years too late. Did you know that
    > the UK is the most spied-upon in the world, and that it is our own
    > government agencies doing the spying? That we have more CCTV cameras
    > in our towns, cities, and even suburban housing estates than any other
    > country anywhere in the world?

    And I make the equipment that a lot of agencies use to do this.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:45:12 GMT, "FLY135" <fly_135(@ hot not
    not)notmail.com> wrote:

    >"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> 1984 has indeed arrived, only 20 years too late. Did you know that
    >> the UK is the most spied-upon in the world, and that it is our own
    >> government agencies doing the spying? That we have more CCTV cameras
    >> in our towns, cities, and even suburban housing estates than any other
    >> country anywhere in the world?
    >
    >And I make the equipment that a lot of agencies use to do this.

    It is indeed an Ill Wind that blows nobody any good.

    Unlike the saxamophone, which is an Ill Wind that nobody blows any
    good.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:45:12 GMT, "FLY135" <fly_135(@ hot not
    > not)notmail.com> wrote:
    >

    > >"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> 1984 has indeed arrived, only 20 years too late. Did you know that
    > >> the UK is the most spied-upon in the world, and that it is our own
    > >> government agencies doing the spying? That we have more CCTV cameras
    > >> in our towns, cities, and even suburban housing estates than any other
    > >> country anywhere in the world?
    > >
    > >And I make the equipment that a lot of agencies use to do this.
    >
    > It is indeed an Ill Wind that blows nobody any good.
    >
    > Unlike the saxamophone, which is an Ill Wind that nobody blows any
    > good.

    Now it becomes clear why I used to overhear that phrase back when I played
    my clarinet as a kid in band class.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    > One of the advantages of being irony-blind is that we can claim to be at
    > war, but also claim that the prisoners captured during that war are not
    > prisoners of war. Likewise, we can claim that Iraq is part of a "War on
    > Terror" while our State Department conscientously excludes terrorist acts
    > occurring inside Iraq in their statistics concerning global terrorism.
    >
    > And that, I believe, is double-plus-ungood.

    Hmm, I guess that means all the guys in prison on drug convictions are
    really POWs in the war on drugs. When they get out they should be welcomed
    home with a parade.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/5/2004 12:41:40 PM, FLY135 <fly_135notmail.com> said:
    > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    >> One of the advantages of being irony-blind is that we can claim to be at
    >> war, but also claim that the prisoners captured during that war are not
    >> prisoners of war. Likewise, we can claim that Iraq is part of a "War on
    >> Terror" while our State Department conscientously excludes terrorist acts
    >> occurring inside Iraq in their statistics concerning global terrorism.
    >>
    >> And that, I believe, is double-plus-ungood.
    >
    > Hmm, I guess that means all the guys in prison on drug convictions are
    > really POWs in the war on drugs.

    Maybe, but they probably forfeit POW status when they accept legal
    representation and access to due process.

    > When they get out they should be welcomed
    > home with a parade.

    I like the way you think. I wonder if Manuel Noriega will get a parade?

    Bret

  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 5 Oct 2004 12:30:14 -0700, bdv_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    wrote:

    >Lemming <thiswillbovnce@bvmblbee.demon.co.vk> wrote in message news:<dr84m0l232o5n45ffavkdv69g9qv4t6cgq@4ax.com>...
    >> On Tve, 05 Oct 2004 02:16:16 GMT, "Bill Hvffman" <bhvffma1@san.rr.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Lemming" <thiswillbovnce@bvmblbee.demon.co.vk> wrote in message
    >> >

    >> It worries me that yov think the "War on terror" is something new.
    >> There has always been a fight against international terrorism
    >> involving many covntries, the USA inclvded, and this fight continves
    >> vnabated. What George did was to redefine that fight, giving him an
    >> excvse for making war against states for whatever reason - in the
    >> cases of Afghanistan and Iraq becavse he stood to gain financially
    >> from the action. The vndesirable side-effect of this is to make other
    >> powerfvl nations think they too might be able to get away with similar
    >> things; witness Pvtin's statement of a few weeks ago that Rvssia is
    >> now prepared to attack any covntry which might harbovr terrorists.
    >> IOW, George has given Rvssia the free pass it needed to start
    >> rebvilding the fragmented Soviet vnion by military means.
    >>
    >> Lemming
    >
    >It worries me that yov can't keep yovr focvs even dvring a single
    >paragraph. "war on terror isn't new" qvickly tvrns into "they jvst
    >redefined it" and horribly mvtates into "free passes to start
    >something"

    Ah, yes, my vse of English covld have been better. A poor excvse I
    know, bvt it was 5:45am, I was off to work in 5 minvtes, so dashed off
    my reply fairly qvickly. Let's see ...

    For "War on terror [isn't] ... new" read: "war on terror [isn't] ...
    new".

    For "redefine that fight" read "give that fight a sovndbite name and
    pretend he had invented it".

    for "gave Rvssia a free pass to start rebvilding the Soviet Union by
    military means" read: "gave Rvssia a free pass to start rebvilding the
    Soviet Union by military means".

    I hope this is a bit clearer, bvt if yov need me to explain anything
    else please feel free to ask.

    >Did yov jvst rip that off BBC front page or from somewhere more
    >"repvtable"...

    Ah, yov are vsing the Br d M tr n definition of "repvtable", i.e.
    "Someone who agrees with me, and not one of those cleric-loving
    fvcktards." How do yov know the BBC are cleric-loving fvcktards?
    Well, becavse they don't agree with yov. Yovr debating style
    vnderwhelmes me. Is there no beginning to yovr talents?

    >Please explain to me the LAST time a covntry felt like
    >NOT invading or occvpying or jvst downright svpporting their favorite
    >warlord, when it svited them?

    Is this a trick qvestion? Is it somehow relevant to the issve at
    hand? Are yov saying that attacking a sovereign covntry is OK, even
    if that covntry has never made a single agressive act against yov? By
    that token, are yov saying the people who perpetrated 9/11 were doing
    so in the same spirit and so shovld not be considered to have done
    anything wrong?

    >I'll jvst go away, ignore yov, and jvst might notice yovr smart ass
    >reply when i come back.

    That wovld be champion, thanks ever so mvch.

    Lemming
    --
    Cvriosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    FLY135 wrote:
    > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    >> One of the advantages of being irony-blind is that we can claim to
    >> be at war, but also claim that the prisoners captured during that
    >> war are not prisoners of war. Likewise, we can claim that Iraq is
    >> part of a "War on Terror" while our State Department conscientously
    >> excludes terrorist acts occurring inside Iraq in their statistics
    >> concerning global terrorism.
    >>
    >> And that, I believe, is double-plus-ungood.
    >
    > Hmm, I guess that means all the guys in prison on drug convictions are
    > really POWs in the war on drugs. When they get out they should be
    > welcomed home with a parade.

    If they are POWs then clearly they should remain prisoners until the
    war is over (whether won or lost).

    _____________
    Tom.
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I'm out of this. Yep, I'm pulling on the old surrender monkey suit and
    running away.

    If you would, I'd appreciate it, if you could point me to website where I
    could purchase a new surrender monkey suit. My old one is rather worn and
    ragged.

    Thanks,
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:37:55 +0100, br d
    <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

    >See I could be wrong about
    >everything, and I'll admit it if I am because I don't mind being
    >wrong, but it seems to me *your* main concern is not with improving
    >things, or with saving innocent people, it's with being right.
    >
    >"Remember where you heard it first folks!".
    >
    >What do you want Lem, reformation or affirmation?

    A last comment is required from me on this. I bashed this post out in
    haste earlier and I need to clarify the above point. I don't think you
    are dispassionate Lem, we've met and I know that's not the case. I
    say your *main* concern is with being right because you are like a
    blaring radio with this stuff, you only have one agenda, and your
    offhand comments regarding the huge changes made to people's lives
    because of these events just makes me think your focus is just too
    narrow.

    br d
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/4/2004 10:44:32 AM, Lemming
    <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> said:
    > On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:03:42 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On or about 10/4/2004 8:56:17 AM, Hans Jankowitsch
    >><hans.jankowitsch@web.de> said:
    >>> Lemming schrieb:
    >>>
    >>> do you remember your last presidential elections? Especially in Florida?
    >>
    >>[Pulls up chair, bowl of popcorn and refreshing beverage at the ready]
    >>

    > Sorry to disappoint Bret, but I'm being gentle with him this time.
    > Everyone gets three strikes ...
    >
    > Lemming

    Oh, that's okay, Lemming. I'm a bit disappointed, but not so much that I
    wouldn't buy a used submarine from you.

    </Canadian bait>

    Bret
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:24:38 +0100, Lemming
    <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:37:55 +0100, br d
    ><misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

    >> Almost finished 'The Colour of Magic', I like it a lot, he can
    >>get a bit laboured with the dialogue from time to time but the ideas
    >>and the imagination of the thing easily overcome that. Will definitely
    >>go on to the others, there are so many of the bastards though!
    >
    >Like I said, I think TCoM is my least favourite of his books. You'll
    >enjoy the other two more, I think.

    I'll certainly try.

    >Mind you, Pterry's dialogue may
    >not be the liveliest in that book, but it can't be any worse than
    >Banks' marathon conversations between Minds, can it?

    Lol! Yeah, I must admit that Excession is the only one I haven't
    re-read, it does seem to be a bit of a failed experiment in
    super-intelligence discourse (it's a lot like listening to you and
    Bret really).

    >>The big news this week is Banks has a new novel out! A really long
    >>science fiction job 'The Algebraist' (I think), it's not a Culture
    >>novel but he says the next one definitely will be. Whoo-Hoo.
    >
    >Well I'm still in the enviable position of having two or three culture
    >novels still to read.

    Big, hairy, northern bastard.

    >I just picked up a copy of "Incompetence" by Rob Grant (one of the
    >writers of Red Dwarf). Hilarious, I was reading it in bed the other
    >night and had to stop becuse I was keeping the missus awake laughing.

    I'll look into it.

    >>I still haven't got anything definite for November, sorry mate, it's
    >>looking like the latter part though. Shal is rushing around like a
    >>blue-arsed fly sorting out stuff for her new flat so I haven't been
    >>able to pin her down yet (in a manner of speaking!).
    >
    >No prob, we'll sort it out.

    Sweet.

    >Lemming

    br d
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming <thiswillbovnce@bvmblbee.demon.co.vk> wrote in message news:<ve06m09fiq3pk9d7e7krk934ibqb0ms66m@4ax.com>...
> [...]
    > fvcktards." How do yov know the BBC are cleric-loving fvcktards?
    > Well, becavse they don't agree with yov. Yovr debating style
    > vnderwhelmes me. Is there no beginning to yovr talents?
    >
    > >Please explain to me the LAST time a covntry felt like
    > >NOT invading or occvpying or jvst downright svpporting their favorite
    > >warlord, when it svited them?
    >
    > Is this a trick qvestion? Is it somehow relevant to the issve at
    > hand? Are yov saying that attacking a sovereign covntry is OK, even
    > if that covntry has never made a single agressive act against yov? By
    > that token, are yov saying the people who perpetrated 9/11 were doing
    > so in the same spirit and so shovld not be considered to have done
    > anything wrong?
    >
    > >I'll jvst go away, ignore yov, and jvst might notice yovr smart ass
    > >reply when i come back.
    >
    > That wovld be champion, thanks ever so mvch.

    vr fvnn33. i'm framing this. ROFLMAO
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Is that really the best yov can offer?

    Lemming
    --
    Cvriosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/12/2004 4:18:42 PM, Lemming
    <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> said:
    > On 12 Oct 2004 05:02:59 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    > wrote:
    >>ur funn33. i'm framing this. ROFLMAO
    >
    > Is that really the best you can offer?

    Ooh, I love usenet polls. I vote "Yes".

    Bret

  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:26:06 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 10/12/2004 4:18:42 PM, Lemming
    ><thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> said:
    >> On 12 Oct 2004 05:02:59 -0700, bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com (MajorFreak)
    >> wrote:
    >>>ur funn33. i'm framing this. ROFLMAO
    >>
    >> Is that really the best you can offer?
    >
    >Ooh, I love usenet polls. I vote "Yes".

    This thread has now reached 101 posts.

    Don't be the one to make it 102.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:39:06 +0100, br d
    <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

    >I was speaking to someone else about Pratchett, he said the same as
    >you, some are not so good. What do you suggest, go through them
    >next, Wyrd Sisters or Guards Guards?

    Guards, Guards, definitely. Or possibly Wyrd Sisters.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:16:57 +0100, Lemming
    <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:39:06 +0100, br d
    ><misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>I was speaking to someone else about Pratchett, he said the same as
    >>you, some are not so good. What do you suggest, go through them
    >>next, Wyrd Sisters or Guards Guards?
    >
    >Guards, Guards, definitely. Or possibly Wyrd Sisters.
    >
    >Lemming

    My favourite is Mort

    --
    Crayfish
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Crayfish" <cray@supanet.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:16:57 +0100, Lemming
    > <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    > >On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:39:06 +0100, br d
    > ><misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I was speaking to someone else about Pratchett, he said the same as
    > >>you, some are not so good. What do you suggest, go through them
    > >>next, Wyrd Sisters or Guards Guards?
    > >
    > >Guards, Guards, definitely. Or possibly Wyrd Sisters.
    > >
    > >Lemming
    >
    > My favourite is Mort

    Q) "...Friend or foe?"
    A) "WHICH WOULD YOU PREFER?"
    ____________
    Tom.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:19:59 GMT, cray@supanet.com (Crayfish) wrote:

    >On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:16:57 +0100, Lemming
    ><thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >>On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:39:06 +0100, br d
    >><misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I was speaking to someone else about Pratchett, he said the same as
    >>>you, some are not so good. What do you suggest, go through them
    >>>next, Wyrd Sisters or Guards Guards?
    >>
    >>Guards, Guards, definitely. Or possibly Wyrd Sisters.
    >>
    >>Lemming
    >
    >My favourite is Mort

    Mort is too real.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<na1um0dvneqblooaqhct002cjm1ket4dvb@4ax.com>...
    > On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:19:59 GMT, cray@supanet.com (Crayfish) wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:16:57 +0100, Lemming
    > ><thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    > >>Guards, Guards, definitely. Or possibly Wyrd Sisters.
    > >>
    > >>Lemming
    > >
    > >My favourite is Mort
    >
    > Mort is too real.
    >
    > Lemming

    SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
[...]

  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<na1um0dvneqblooaqhct002cjm1ket4dvb@4ax.com>...
    > On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:19:59 GMT, cray@supanet.com (Crayfish) wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:16:57 +0100, Lemming
    > ><thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    > >>Guards, Guards, definitely. Or possibly Wyrd Sisters.
    > >>
    > >>Lemming
    > >
    > >My favourite is Mort
    >
    > Mort is too real.
    >
    > Lemming

    Now lamming
    you freaken spammer!
    hows the feel when someone spamms on you AH AH AH!!??
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 16 Oct 2004 12:53:25 -0700, freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il (Captain
    Tomer) wrote:

    >Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<na1um0dvneqblooaqhct002cjm1ket4dvb@4ax.com>...
> [...]

    I love this poem. Wasn't it originally by Eric Idle?

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:11:48 +0100, Lemming wrote:

> [...]
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    >
    > I love this poem. Wasn't it originally by Eric Idle?

    It reminds me of that "footy" video Allan foisted on us last week.

    Bret
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:11:48 +0100, Lemming wrote:
    >
    > > On 16 Oct 2004 12:53:25 -0700, freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il (Captain
    > > Tomer) wrote:
    > >
    > >>Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >>SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
    > >
    > > I love this poem. Wasn't it originally by Eric Idle?
    >
    > It reminds me of that "footy" video Allan foisted on us last week.

    I'm still watching that wondering when the game will end. So far the score
    is 45,682,360,150 to 0. I'm pretty sure that England will win but you know
    the saying, "It's not over until it's over."
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Captain Tomer" <freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il> wrote in message
    > Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:19:59 GMT, cray@supanet.com (Crayfish) wrote:

    > > >My favourite is Mort
    > >
    > > Mort is too real.
    > >
    > > Lemming
    >

    > Now lamming
    > you freaken spammer!
    > hows the feel when someone spamms on you AH AH AH!!??

    Hi Captian, thanks for the spam.

PC gaming Video Games