Project Freedom demo available

skeksis

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote in news:61f7c3a1.0410072215.26fa4ea6
@posting.google.com:

> http://city-interactive.com/projectfreedom_dow.html
>
> 128 mb

It is entertaining, looks great, easy to play and the price is right but I
would like to see more than one short melee mission. I have played too
many games where the demo mission is just fine but all too quickly the game
gets more difficult than I want to bother with.

Skeksis

tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Skeksis <na@na.com> wrote in message news:<5sOdnbbuvKM-q_DcRVn-oQ@adelphia.com>...

> It is entertaining, looks great, easy to play and the price is right but I
> would like to see more than one short melee mission. I have played too
> many games where the demo mission is just fine but all too quickly the game
> gets more difficult than I want to bother with.

I agree and was disappointed the demo was just one mission.

Game difficulty is an interesting and, of course, relative term. A
game that's too easy will quickly lose my interest. A difficult game,
for me, has to have other things going on to keep my attention enough
to want to continue. For example, I find most adventure games
incredibly difficult, but since the adventure genre isn't that
fascinating to me it isn't worth the investment in time to solve.

But take something like Nascar 2003. That game is difficult (if you
don't set the opponents ability too law) and one slip-up will send you
careening out of control! But it's the fun factor that kept me
interested. Being able to experience what it's like to drive a 700 hp
stock car at 180 mph is just plain fun! Plus, the game developers took
great pains to make it accurate in every detail, which I appreciate.

Tara
--
Yager review and screen shots
http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/yager.htm

XaN

"Tara" <taragem72@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> But take something like Nascar 2003. That game is difficult (if you
> don't set the opponents ability too law) and one slip-up will send you
> careening out of control!

Yeah. Lawyers tend to do that. =P

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.