Making a Backup excluding certain folders

Tags:
  • Backup
  • Computers
  • Music
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 12, 2012 5:06:18 PM

I've searched and I couldn't come up with anything(probably using the incorrect keywords in my search).

I was wondering if there was a way to make a backup of my computer while excluding certain folders.

For example: I want to back up my computer but exclude my music folder cause it's too large for the drive I want to place the back up on and, well, it's not exactly vital. I won't die from not having my music.

Thanks for any help! And if I did miss a thread on this very topic, please send me a link so I'll shut up. :wahoo: 

More about : making backup excluding folders

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
June 12, 2012 5:54:57 PM

Yes. I use Ghost 15 or True Image and they allow file selection, as I would expect most backup programs would.
a b $ Windows 7
June 12, 2012 6:04:08 PM

realityblade said:
I've searched and I couldn't come up with anything(probably using the incorrect keywords in my search).

I was wondering if there was a way to make a backup of my computer while excluding certain folders.

For example: I want to back up my computer but exclude my music folder cause it's too large for the drive I want to place the back up on and, well, it's not exactly vital. I won't die from not having my music.

Thanks for any help! And if I did miss a thread on this very topic, please send me a link so I'll shut up. :wahoo: 

you could write a script file and copy only folders you want backed up.
Score
Related resources
a c 238 $ Windows 7
June 12, 2012 6:16:22 PM

Any backup program that doesn't allow file inclusion/exclusion isn't worth it. This should be a common feature in all backup programs.
Score
June 12, 2012 7:38:08 PM

I was just using the windows one. Never crossed my mind to use different program. Thanks!
Score
June 12, 2012 7:38:27 PM

Best answer selected by realityblade.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
June 12, 2012 11:51:28 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!