I am looking for Gscape

Archived from groups: comp.soft-sys.math.scilab,comp.graphics.apps.pagemaker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,comp.graphics.apps.corel,comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing (More info?)

I am looking for the GScape Real-time Procedural World Editor,
shortname "Gscape". It is a freeware simulate terrain graphic editor
and was originally housed at www.gscape.com, but the site has somehow
gone "blank".

Anyway, the last known version of this software has a filename of
"GscapeEditor1102.zip". If you have that file, or know where to obtain
that file, I'd be very greatful if you drop me a line, or two, by
replying to this message, or email me.

Thanks a lot, in advance !

"Penang" <penang@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> I am looking for the GScape Real-time Procedural World Editor,
> shortname "Gscape". It is a freeware simulate terrain graphic editor
> and was originally housed at www.gscape.com, but the site has somehow
> gone "blank".
>
> Anyway, the last known version of this software has a filename of
> "GscapeEditor1102.zip". If you have that file, or know where to obtain
> that file, I'd be very greatful if you drop me a line, or two, by
> replying to this message, or email me.
>
> Thanks a lot, in advance !

I don't know why you chose a Corel forum to ask about this. Nevertheless,
curiosity made me look at it...

It looks like they're either in the process of shutting down some things, or
they're revamping.
The site's up, but the home page has some errors that don't resolve.

Other pages did work, though,
Like the Gscape Index Page...
<http://www.gscape.com/Docs/GscapeDocs/DocumentationIndex.html>

....which offered this e-mail address you might want to use to get the real
story...
<info@Gscape.com>

The "docs" pages all work. But it looks like the download page has been
taken offline.

FWIW,
- Brent

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:50:13 -0400, "Ivana Blokkemaal" <spam@tack.com>
wrote:

>I don't know why you chose a Corel forum to ask about this. Nevertheless,
>curiosity made me look at it...

I don't know why you chose a space-sim froup to ask about this, but
.... could it be the OP is a troll? Just a thought.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Lemming wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:50:13 -0400, "Ivana Blokkemaal" <spam@tack.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't know why you chose a Corel forum to ask about this.
>> Nevertheless, curiosity made me look at it...
>
> I don't know why you chose a space-sim froup to ask about this, but
> ... could it be the OP is a troll? Just a thought.
>
> Lemming

I doubt that.

What he was looking for was quite real. And the page he was looking for was
up, but had a bug in the HTML, probably because certain elements it called
for had been taken offline (probably temporarily). So I obliged him.

I never thought to look at the addressing to see how many groups were being
involved, though!
(So I'm sending this to apologize to them all.)
- Brent

Archived from groups: comp.soft-sys.math.scilab,comp.graphics.apps.pagemaker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,comp.graphics.apps.corel,comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing (More info?)

Thanks for your reply.

You are the second one informing me of the page
www.gscape.com/Docs/GscapeDocs/DocumentationIndex.html but since I am
stupid - and yes, I am really stupid :( - when the front page goes
blank, I really don't know how to proceed.

How did you locate that page, btw ? I want to learn.

Thanks again !!

"Ivana Blokkemaal" <spam@tack.com> wrote in message news:<9CAad.14955$3C6.583948@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> "Penang" <penang@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> > I am looking for the GScape Real-time Procedural World Editor,
> > shortname "Gscape". It is a freeware simulate terrain graphic editor
> > and was originally housed at www.gscape.com, but the site has somehow
> > gone "blank".
> >
> > Anyway, the last known version of this software has a filename of
> > "GscapeEditor1102.zip". If you have that file, or know where to obtain
> > that file, I'd be very greatful if you drop me a line, or two, by
> > replying to this message, or email me.
> >
> > Thanks a lot, in advance !
>
> I don't know why you chose a Corel forum to ask about this. Nevertheless,
> curiosity made me look at it...
>
> It looks like they're either in the process of shutting down some things, or
> they're revamping.
> The site's up, but the home page has some errors that don't resolve.
>
> Other pages did work, though,
> Like the Gscape Index Page...
> <http://www.gscape.com/Docs/GscapeDocs/DocumentationIndex.html>
>
> ...which offered this e-mail address you might want to use to get the real
> story...
> <info@Gscape.com>
>
> The "docs" pages all work. But it looks like the download page has been
> taken offline.
>
> FWIW,
> - Brent

Archived from groups: comp.soft-sys.math.scilab,comp.graphics.apps.pagemaker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,comp.graphics.apps.corel,comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing (More info?)

To Ivana, Lemming, and all,

First of all, sorry for the massive crossposting - I really didn't
know where to look so I posted my message to ALL graphic-related
newsgroups.

Sorry again.

However, I do have some replies, and among them, a link to show you
that GScape is REAL.

The link is at www.devimg.net/?View=135

So, if anyone here have got a copy of GScpae, or if you know anyone
who has got one, please, share it with me.

I thank you !!

"Ivana Blokkemaal" <spam@tack.com> wrote in message news:<dHHad.18966$3C6.759560@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> Lemming wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:50:13 -0400, "Ivana Blokkemaal" <spam@tack.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I don't know why you chose a Corel forum to ask about this.
> >> Nevertheless, curiosity made me look at it...
> >
> > I don't know why you chose a space-sim froup to ask about this, but
> > ... could it be the OP is a troll? Just a thought.
> >
> > Lemming
>
> I doubt that.
>
> What he was looking for was quite real. And the page he was looking for was
> up, but had a bug in the HTML, probably because certain elements it called

> for had been taken offline (probably temporarily). So I obliged him.
>
> I never thought to look at the addressing to see how many groups were being
> involved, though!
> (So I'm sending this to apologize to them all.)
> - Brent

skeksis

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

penang@myrealbox.com (Penang) wrote in

> So, if anyone here have got a copy of GScpae, or if you know anyone
> who has got one, please, share it with me.
>
> I thank you !!

After looking at the screenshots, except for the one with the trees, why
not try Terragen?

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

I just fiddle with it and can get some great results. The dedicated
people are turning out incredible stuff!

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/gallery/gallerymain.php

http://lucbianco.free.fr/pictures1_index.html

Skeksis

Archived from groups: comp.soft-sys.math.scilab,comp.graphics.apps.pagemaker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,comp.graphics.apps.corel,comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing (More info?)

Thanks for the links, Skeksis !

The reason I am looking for GScape is that I want to try it out. You
see, I am planning to write something like that myself. I've tried out
Terragen, among others. I've tried out fractal softwares, and I've
downloaded lots of things related to reality-simulation graphics, from
cloth to terrain, from Perlin Noise to Chaos, and I've studied them.

It's that I want to get my hands on GScape and the rest of existing
freebies to have a FEEL of what's out there - and then I can pick out
the STRONG POINTS of the stuffs and combine them into what I'm about
to write myself.

I don't have photoshops and stuffs like that because I'm just too poor
to afford commercial stuffs, so I am trying my very best to get a copy
of GSCape to expand my horizon just that little bit to enable me to
(maybe) write a better piece of software.

That's all.

Thanks again !!