  • IBM
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 14, 2004 1:16:21 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Umm, been a long time.

Is the flame war with Dr Smart now officially dead?

More about : bc3k

Anonymous
October 14, 2004 1:16:22 AM

"Grand Poobah" <grandpoobahNOSPAM@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> Umm, been a long time.
>
> Is the flame war with Dr Smart now officially dead?

He only posts on Usenet under aliases now and only very infrequently.
However, when posting on web forums he gets into ego problems every now or
then but if the moderator doesn't ban the other person then Derek refuses to
post on that forum any longer.

On the other hand, he still claims his totally bogus PhD.
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 4:03:42 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Sod off prats, we dont want this kind of discussion on this newsgroup.

--
Regards
Nats

"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it."

"Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Grand Poobah" <grandpoobahNOSPAM@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
>> Umm, been a long time.
>>
>> Is the flame war with Dr Smart now officially dead?
>
> He only posts on Usenet under aliases now and only very infrequently.
> However, when posting on web forums he gets into ego problems every now or
> then but if the moderator doesn't ban the other person then Derek refuses
> post on that forum any longer.
>
> On the other hand, he still claims his totally bogus PhD.

---
October 14, 2004 4:03:43 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On or about 10/14/2004 4:03:42 AM, Nats <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> was
rude enough to top-post the following gem:

> Sod off prats, we dont want this kind of discussion on this newsgroup.

Heh. Like it or not, space-sim was formed for this very purpose, Stan.
I'm sorry it's not your cup of tea, but there it is old bean.

Now, please stop top-posting or Daniel Blakemore will be forced to run you
off Usenet.

As you were.

Bret

October 14, 2004 9:12:17 PM

"Nats" <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Sod off prats, we dont want this kind of discussion on this newsgroup.

Lemming, Br d, and other UK members, Nats is a completely out of control top
poster. If you guys don't get him in line then I may be forced to assign
Daniel Blakemore to the case.
October 15, 2004 1:49:16 AM

"Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
> Heh. Like it or not, space-sim was formed for this very purpose, Stan.
> I'm sorry it's not your cup of tea, but there it is old bean.
>
> Now, please stop top-posting or Daniel Blakemore will be forced to run you
> off Usenet.
>
> As you were.

You're just appealing to my sense of irony, right? =)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 1:49:17 AM

On or about 10/14/2004 2:49:16 PM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
>> Heh. Like it or not, space-sim was formed for this very purpose, Stan.
>> I'm sorry it's not your cup of tea, but there it is old bean.
>>
>> Now, please stop top-posting or Daniel Blakemore will be forced to run you
>> off Usenet.
>>
>> As you were.
>
> You're just appealing to my sense of irony, right? =)

Bugger: I was too obvious, right?

Bret

October 15, 2004 2:02:04 AM

> Bugger: I was too obvious, right?

Yeah. No complaints here. =)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
October 15, 2004 4:06:27 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:12:17 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>"Nats" <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Sod off prats, we dont want this kind of discussion on this newsgroup.
>
>Lemming, Br d, and other UK members, Nats is a completely out of control top
>poster. If you guys don't get him in line then I may be forced to assign
>Daniel Blakemore to the case.

Poor old Stan, he just doesn't get it does he?

I've not posted this link yet this year[1] so here it is, especially
for you, Stan:

http://members.ams.chello.nl/jvane/welcome.htm

[1] Or have I? Can you check for me Zan?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 15, 2004 4:06:28 AM

"Mel" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o e1um0t05m8mjom3h32ibi38c2e3dqpeql@4ax.com...
> I've not posted this link yet this year[1] so here it is, especially
> for you, Stan:
>
> http://members.ams.chello.nl/jvane/welcome.htm
>
> [1] Or have I? Can you check for me Zan?

Goober shows no references to this link in all of recorded CSIPGS history.

>_

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 2:26:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

As if Im going to follow any link that you prats suggest! Its a shame that
the state of space sims these days is such a void that the only dedicated
newsgoup is covered in abusive posts about nothing in particular. Think its
about time I unsubscribed to this newsgroup as well - god my interesting
newsgroup list is getting shorter every day.

--

"Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:y4Ebd.272$gf3.110@trndny08...
> "Mel" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:o e1um0t05m8mjom3h32ibi38c2e3dqpeql@4ax.com...
>> I've not posted this link yet this year[1] so here it is, especially
>> for you, Stan:
>>
>> http://members.ams.chello.nl/jvane/welcome.htm
>>
>> [1] Or have I? Can you check for me Zan?
>
> Goober shows no references to this link in all of recorded CSIPGS history.
>
>>_
>
> // Xan, Ph.D.
> // I worship His Shadow.

---
October 15, 2004 2:46:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:26:57 +0100, "Nats"
<nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>As if Im going to follow any link that you prats suggest! Its a shame that
>the state of space sims these days is such a void that the only dedicated
>newsgoup is covered in abusive posts about nothing in particular. Think its
>about time I unsubscribed to this newsgroup as well - god my interesting
>newsgroup list is getting shorter every day.

Its ironic. That is the advice that would have been given to you on
the linked page.

--
Crayfish
Anonymous

On or about 10/15/2004 3:46:28 AM, Crayfish <cray@supanet.com> said:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:26:57 +0100, "Nats"
> <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>As if Im going to follow any link that you prats suggest! Its a shame that
>>the state of space sims these days is such a void that the only dedicated
>>newsgoup is covered in abusive posts about nothing in particular. Think its
>>about time I unsubscribed to this newsgroup as well - god my interesting
>>newsgroup list is getting shorter every day.
>
> Its ironic. That is the advice that would have been given to you on
> the linked page.

Delightful, innit?

Still, Stan serves a useful function here on csipgs-s. Admittedly, it
doesn't spring readily to mind but I'm sure it's covered in the FAQ.

Bret

October 15, 2004 7:53:00 PM

> As if Im going to follow any link that you prats suggest! Its a shame that the
> state of space sims these days is such a void that the only dedicated newsgoup
> is covered in abusive posts about nothing in particular. Think its about time
> I unsubscribed to this newsgroup as well - god my interesting newsgroup list
> is getting shorter every day.

I don't think thy ego will let you.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// As you command, Divine Shadow.
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 7:53:01 PM

On or about 10/15/2004 8:53:00 AM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
> "Nats" <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> As if Im going to follow any link that you prats suggest! Its a shame that the
>> state of space sims these days is such a void that the only dedicated newsgoup
>> is covered in abusive posts about nothing in particular. Think its about time
>> I unsubscribed to this newsgroup as well - god my interesting newsgroup list
>> is getting shorter every day.
>
> I don't think thy ego will let you.

"I don't think thine ego will let thee."

[This has been a compl--awwww, you know the drill]

Bret

October 15, 2004 8:41:05 PM

> "I don't think thine ego will let thee."
>
> [This has been a compl--awwww, you know the drill]

....And an incorrect one at that. =P

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 8:41:06 PM

On or about 10/15/2004 9:41:05 AM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
>> "I don't think thine ego will let thee."
>>
>> [This has been a compl--awwww, you know the drill]
>
> ...And an incorrect one at that. =P

And just what language do you think you're using?

The usage of the "-n" ("thine") form of the possessive pronoun is proper
when preceding a vowel (as in "ego") through Middle English. The "-n"
forms of these pronouns fell into disuse in Early Modern English, but at no
time would "thy ego" have been considered proper.

"Thy ego" is a modern, shallow attempt at archaizing (and/or aggrandizing)
"your ego".

Also, "thee" is to be preferred to "you" in this instance. "You" is proper
when addressing someone of higher social station, or when expressing
respect. "Thee" is proper when addressing someone of equal or lower social
station.

Please make the appropriate adjustments to your programming and call me in
the morning.

Bret
(I just made most of that up -- please only pay attention to the bits that
are not pure waffle. Thank you.)

October 15, 2004 10:56:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:26:57 +0100, "Nats"
<nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>As if Im going to follow any link that you prats suggest! Its a shame that
>the state of space sims these days is such a void that the only dedicated
>newsgoup is covered in abusive posts about nothing in particular. Think its
>about time I unsubscribed to this newsgroup as well - god my interesting
>newsgroup list is getting shorter every day.

Well, I think you should at least consid- ... hang on, I'll be right
back; something's clanging furiously in the room where I keep my Irony
Detector.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 15, 2004 10:57:47 PM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:41:05 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

>"Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
>> "I don't think thine ego will let thee."
>>
>> [This has been a compl--awwww, you know the drill]
>
>...And an incorrect one at that. =P

Has Bret killphiled me again? I can't see his posts.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 15, 2004 11:10:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:26:57 +0100, "Nats"
<nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>As if Im going to follow any link that you prats suggest!

Come on Stan, you could at least try to join in. And you never know,
you might actually learn something. Here, another educational link
you might consider ignoring, free of charge of course:

http://www.despair.com/demotivators/dysfunction.html

>Its a shame that
>the state of space sims these days is such a void that the only dedicated
>newsgoup is covered in abusive posts about nothing in particular.

When will you get it through your thick skull that despite its name,
this froup has never been about Space Sim Games. It was created as a
froup where people could join in the BC3K flamewar without disrupting
more peaceful froups (namely csipg.flight-sim and csipg.strategy,
IIRC). You really should pay more attention to the froup's zeitgeist
before you pitch in with two left feet hurling abuse at innocent
people like Bill.

I suspect you are one of those people who thinks alt.fan.elite is
about the Braben series of games. It's not; it's for fans of the
Elite modelling agency.

>Think its
>about time I unsubscribed to this newsgroup as well - god my interesting
>newsgroup list is getting shorter every day.

Please don't leave, Stan; I for one will miss you terribly. you might
try to do something about your urge to top-post though. I know you
are using Outbreak Express instead of a proper newsreader, but you CAN
discipline yourself to post properly, if you really try.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 15, 2004 11:30:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:57:47 +0100, Lemming
<thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:41:05 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:
>
>>"Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
>>> "I don't think thine ego will let thee."
>>>
>>> [This has been a compl--awwww, you know the drill]
>>
>>...And an incorrect one at that. =P
>
>Has Bret killphiled me again? I can't see his posts.

Damn, I can't see my OWN posts either. well, apart from this one.
Maybe I killphiltered myself. Or ... maybe Stan has revoked my usenet
privileges.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 16, 2004 2:41:36 AM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:53:00 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

>I don't think thy ego will let you.

Who the hell is Thy Ego, and why won't he let me?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 16, 2004 3:01:01 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:26:25 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>On or about 10/15/2004 3:46:28 AM, Crayfish <cray@supanet.com> said:
>> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:26:57 +0100, "Nats"
>> <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>>As if Im going to follow any link that you prats suggest! Its a shame that
>>>the state of space sims these days is such a void that the only dedicated
>>>newsgoup is covered in abusive posts about nothing in particular. Think its
>>>about time I unsubscribed to this newsgroup as well - god my interesting
>>>newsgroup list is getting shorter every day.
>>
>> Its ironic. That is the advice that would have been given to you on
>> the linked page.
>
>Delightful, innit?
>
>Still, Stan serves a useful function here on csipgs-s. Admittedly, it
>doesn't spring readily to mind but I'm sure it's covered in the FAQ.

It is, it first appeared in tha FAQ in version 01.09.02.02, on page
223, question 4097:

Question 4,097:
What purpose does Stan (AKA Stan) serve on csipgs-s? He just
seems like a useless waste of skin. A bit of a tosser really, who
doesn't listen and won't be told. It seems like he's only posts his
inane whinings because he likes people taking the piss out of him.
And the regulars always take the piss out of him every time he shows
up.

A. Why ask if you already know the answer?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 3:01:02 AM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:01:01 +0100, Lemming wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:26:25 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On or about 10/15/2004 3:46:28 AM, Crayfish <cray@supanet.com> said:
>>>
>>> Its ironic. That is the advice that would have been given to you on
>>> the linked page.
>>
>>Delightful, innit?
>>
>>Still, Stan serves a useful function here on csipgs-s. Admittedly, it
>>doesn't spring readily to mind but I'm sure it's covered in the FAQ.
>
> It is, it first appeared in tha FAQ in version 01.09.02.02, on page
> 223, question 4097:
>
> Question 4,097:
> What purpose does Stan (AKA Stan) serve on csipgs-s? He just
> seems like a useless waste of skin. A bit of a tosser really, who
> doesn't listen and won't be told. It seems like he's only posts his
> inane whinings because he likes people taking the piss out of him.
> And the regulars always take the piss out of him every time he shows
> up.
>
> A. Why ask if you already know the answer?

Shouldn't there be something in there about Stan being Northeast England's
premiere "Web ArkyTekt" (tm, patents pretending)?

http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/

If you're still bored, Lemming, his website would benefit from a good
healthy grammar flame. Also, according to the 2nd paragraph he intends to
meet "WW3 guidlines", which I find mildly disturbing.

Bret
October 16, 2004 3:18:03 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:06:40 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>On or about 10/15/2004 9:41:05 AM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
>> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
>>> "I don't think thine ego will let thee."
>>>
>>> [This has been a compl--awwww, you know the drill]
>>
>> ...And an incorrect one at that. =P
>
>Naq whfg jung ynathntr qb lbh guvax lbh'er hfvat?
>
>Gur hfntr bs gur "-a" ("guvar") sbez bs gur cbffrffvir cebabha vf cebcre
>jura cerprqvat n ibjry (nf va "rtb") guebhtu Zvqqyr Ratyvfu. Gur "-a"
>sbezf bs gurfr cebabhaf sryy vagb qvfhfr va Rneyl Zbqrea Ratyvfu, ohg ng ab
>gvzr jbhyq "gul rtb" unir orra pbafvqrerq cebcre.
>
>"Gul rtb" vf n zbqrea, funyybj nggrzcg ng nepunvmvat (naq/be nttenaqvmvat)
>"lbhe rtb".
>
>Nyfb, "gurr" vf gb or cersreerq gb "lbh" va guvf vafgnapr. "Lbh" vf cebcre
>jura nqqerffvat fbzrbar bs uvture fbpvny fgngvba, be jura rkcerffvat
>erfcrpg. "Gurr" vf cebcre jura nqqerffvat fbzrbar bs rdhny be ybjre fbpvny
>fgngvba.
>
>Cyrnfr znxr gur nccebcevngr nqwhfgzragf gb lbhe cebtenzzvat naq pnyy zr va
>gur zbeavat.
>
>Oerg
>(V whfg znqr zbfg bs gung hc -- cyrnfr bayl cnl nggragvba gb gur ovgf gung
>ner abg pure waffle. Gunax lbh.)

To make things easier for Stan (and his ilk) I rot13'ed the waffle,
and left the non-waffle in plain.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 16, 2004 5:38:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:57:42 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:01:01 +0100, Lemming wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:26:25 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
>> wrote:

>>>Delightful, innit?
>>>
>>>Still, Stan serves a useful function here on csipgs-s. Admittedly, it
>>>doesn't spring readily to mind but I'm sure it's covered in the FAQ.
>>
>> It is, it first appeared in tha FAQ in version 01.09.02.02, on page
>> 223, question 4097:
>>
>> Question 4,097:
>> What purpose does Stan (AKA Stan) serve on csipgs-s? He just
>> seems like a useless waste of skin. A bit of a tosser really, who
>> doesn't listen and won't be told. It seems like he's only posts his
>> inane whinings because he likes people taking the piss out of him.
>> And the regulars always take the piss out of him every time he shows
>> up.
>>
>> A. Why ask if you already know the answer?
>
>Shouldn't there be something in there about Stan being Northeast England's
>premiere "Web ArkyTekt" (tm, patents pretending)?
>
>http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/
>
>If you're still bored, Lemming, his website would benefit from a good
>healthy grammar flame. Also, according to the 2nd paragraph he intends to
>meet "WW3 guidlines", which I find mildly disturbing.

Oh, bugger. I was hoping not to have to bring his websyte
arkitektcher into the discussion. After all, he hasn't used the term
"websyte arkitekt" for quite a while - not since the last time we took
the piss out of him, actually. It does worry me that a websyte
arkitekt has a website with only one page - and one that seems to
promote SETI@home over and above his own arkitektcher skilz - but I
suppose he knows what he is doing.

I'm not a nasty person though, not really. I'll even add a link from
my websyte arkitekt site to his websyte arkitekt site if he emails me
and asks me. Of course I'd expect a reciprocal link, but that
shouldn't be too hard considering he only has one page on which to put
it.

Stan, if you are still listening and haven't gone off all twitchy and
in a huff, link to http://goldcrossdata.co.uk/index.php/why and email
me at derek.sorensen (at) goldcrossdata.co.uk to let me know you have
done it. At which point I'll happily link to your site.

>Bret

Was that spam? I do hope so.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 16, 2004 6:37:27 PM

"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D r30n0h8cff1bd58l4vdmrc9ad33mcdd7m@4ax.com...
> Has Bret killphiled me again? I can't see his posts.

No. I did.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
October 16, 2004 6:37:27 PM

> Bret
> (I just made most of that up -- please only pay attention to the bits that
> are not pure waffle. Thank you.)

Thanks Bretster. All that Middle Earth stuff woulda been far too CPU-intensive.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
October 16, 2004 6:37:27 PM

> Damn, I can't see my OWN posts either. well, apart from this one.
> Maybe I killphiltered myself. Or ... maybe Stan has revoked my usenet
> privileges.

In his wet egotistical dreams, maybe. =)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
October 16, 2004 6:37:28 PM

news:o rdz75rh2il4$.s1vtsjdxmoxv.dlg@40tude.net...
> Shouldn't there be something in there about Stan being Northeast England's
> premiere "Web ArkyTekt" (tm, patents pretending)?
>
> http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/
>
> If you're still bored, Lemming, his website would benefit from a good
> healthy grammar flame. Also, according to the 2nd paragraph he intends to
> meet "WW3 guidlines", which I find mildly disturbing.

That lovely page used to have a monstrous alleged resume on it. It's also
promised 'updates' for ages, with several eons in between each update which was
really just another promise. Ring any bells? Didn't think so. =P

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
October 16, 2004 6:37:28 PM

> Who the hell is Thy Ego, and why won't he let me?

I wasn't talking to you. It is none of thy concern.

*BING*

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
October 16, 2004 6:37:28 PM

> Most of us are looking forward to the day when the good Doktor is
> banned from all but his own web forum and has to come back here to
> spread lies, venom and abuse.

(slaps forehead)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 6:37:29 PM

"Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<Imacd.205$TU5.77@trndny06>...
> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
> news:o rdz75rh2il4$.s1vtsjdxmoxv.dlg@40tude.net...
> > Shouldn't there be something in there about Stan being Northeast England's
> > premiere "Web ArkyTekt" (tm, patents pretending)?
> >
> > http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/
> >
> > If you're still bored, Lemming, his website would benefit from a good
> > healthy grammar flame. Also, according to the 2nd paragraph he intends to
> > meet "WW3 guidlines", which I find mildly disturbing.
>
> That lovely page used to have a monstrous alleged resume on it. It's also
> promised 'updates' for ages, with several eons in between each update which was
> really just another promise. Ring any bells? Didn't think so. =P
>
> // Xan, Ph.D.
> // I worship His Shadow.

SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 6:37:29 PM

> [...]

October 16, 2004 6:37:29 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<Imacd.205$TU5.77@trndny06>...
> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
> news:o rdz75rh2il4$.s1vtsjdxmoxv.dlg@40tude.net...
> > Shouldn't there be something in there about Stan being Northeast England's
> > premiere "Web ArkyTekt" (tm, patents pretending)?
> >
> > http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/
> >
> > If you're still bored, Lemming, his website would benefit from a good
> > healthy grammar flame. Also, according to the 2nd paragraph he intends to
> > meet "WW3 guidlines", which I find mildly disturbing.
>
> That lovely page used to have a monstrous alleged resume on it. It's also
> promised 'updates' for ages, with several eons in between each update which was
> really just another promise. Ring any bells? Didn't think so. =P

October 17, 2004 7:19:13 PM

"Captain Tomer" <freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il> wrote in message
> "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<Imacd.205$TU5.77@trndny06>...
> > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
> > news:o rdz75rh2il4$.s1vtsjdxmoxv.dlg@40tude.net...
> > > Shouldn't there be something in there about Stan being Northeast
England's
> > > premiere "Web ArkyTekt" (tm, patents pretending)?
> > >
> > > http://www.nstutt.freeserve.co.uk/
> > >
> > > If you're still bored, Lemming, his website would benefit from a good
> > > healthy grammar flame. Also, according to the 2nd paragraph he
intends to
> > > meet "WW3 guidlines", which I find mildly disturbing.
> >
> > That lovely page used to have a monstrous alleged resume on it. It's
also
> > promised 'updates' for ages, with several eons in between each update
which was
> > really just another promise. Ring any bells? Didn't think so. =P
> >
> > // Xan, Ph.D.
> > // I worship His Shadow.
>

> SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS SPAMMERS!!!

Hi Captain, I'm pleased to see that you're cutting down on your spam.

Don't you just love hypocrites? The Captain apparently subscribes to the
same logic as Hypocrite Dan.
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 7:30:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Don't top-post, it makes you look like a twat.

This is a grammar correction post. (I never do speeling corection posts
cause me speling is atrocios.)

It should read, "Don't top-post in bottom-posting newsgroups, it makes you a
twat. Correlary: Don't bottom-post in top-posting newsgroups, it makes you a
twat."
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 7:31:57 PM

"Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:Imacd.204$TU5.116@trndny06...
> "Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Most of us are looking forward to the day when the good Doktor is
> > banned from all but his own web forum and has to come back here to
> > spread lies, venom and abuse.
>
> (slaps forehead)

It caused me to laugh out loud and then slap my forehead.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 1:19:00 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> wrote:
> On or about 10/14/2004 4:03:42 AM, Nats <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> was
> rude enough to top-post the following gem:
>>
>> Sod off prats, we dont want this kind of discussion on this newsgroup.

> Heh. Like it or not, space-sim was formed for this very purpose, Stan.

Still repeating that same old lie?
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 1:19:01 AM

On 17 Oct 2004 21:19:00 GMT, Radio Free CSIPGS-S wrote:

> Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> wrote:
>> On or about 10/14/2004 4:03:42 AM, Nats <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> was
>> rude enough to top-post the following gem:
>>>
>>> Sod off prats, we dont want this kind of discussion on this newsgroup.
>
>> Heh. Like it or not, space-sim was formed for this very purpose, Stan.
>
> Still repeating that same old lie?

Let me be brief: no.

Bret
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 2:43:10 AM

"Radio Free CSIPGS-S" <1@1.com> wrote in message
> Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> wrote:
> > On or about 10/14/2004 4:03:42 AM, Nats <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk>
was
> > rude enough to top-post the following gem:
> >>
> >> Sod off prats, we dont want this kind of discussion on this newsgroup.
>
> > Heh. Like it or not, space-sim was formed for this very purpose, Stan.
>
> Still repeating that same old lie?

It is the truth. Can't you take the truth?

IIRC, there was too much traffic in the strategic newsgroup and many people
wanted to reduce traffic. The Derek Smart flame war was getting a lot of
bandwidth in 1998 on the strategic newsgroup. Tries to split off a new
newsgroup kept failing until it was proposed that a new space-sim group
would be where the Derek Smart flame war would move if it was created. It
passed in large part because there was hope by many that the flame war would
move out of strategic, which it eventually did.
October 18, 2004 3:26:34 AM

On 17 Oct 2004 21:19:00 GMT, Radio Free CSIPGS-S <1@1.com> wrote:

>Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> wrote:
>> On or about 10/14/2004 4:03:42 AM, Nats <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> was
>> rude enough to top-post the following gem:
>>>
>>> Sod off prats, we dont want this kind of discussion on this newsgroup.
>
>> Heh. Like it or not, space-sim was formed for this very purpose, Stan.
>
>Still repeating that same old lie?

Hi, Derek. Still hacking Dutch servers?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 18, 2004 3:26:35 AM

> Hi, Derek. Still hacking Dutch servers?

You give the real Dewey [whatever that means] too much credit.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 7:11:17 PM

> Oh yeah, does the name Stephen Robertson by any chance ring a bell to you?

It rings a bell with me for some reason... :-)

Best regards,

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Senior Designer
Argonaut Sheffield
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 8:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:08:59 +0100, br d
<misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

>I would be interested to know what the Stephen Robertson connection is
>that Free is alluding to. What about it Stephen? Are you secretly
>Derek Smart (you might as well be, everyone else has been at one point
>or another, although you do seem a little over qualified)?
>
>br d

Oh boy! Are we going to do another I'm Smarticus thread?
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 3:00:38 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:23:02 -0500, Allan Parent
<allanp@nospamforme123.charter.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:08:59 +0100, br d
><misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>I would be interested to know what the Stephen Robertson connection is
>>that Free is alluding to. What about it Stephen? Are you secretly
>>Derek Smart (you might as well be, everyone else has been at one point
>>or another, although you do seem a little over qualified)?
>>
>>br d
>

>Oh boy! Are we going to do another I'm Smarticus thread?

I'm Sucitrams!

Gnimmel
--
Predictability *may* have killed Stan's cat.
October 19, 2004 4:16:31 AM

"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> I would be interested to know what the Stephen Robertson connection is
> that Free is alluding to. What about it Stephen? Are you secretly
> Derek Smart (you might as well be, everyone else has been at one point
> or another, although you do seem a little over qualified)?

Git. If you were asking me, I know -I-'d be insulted.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 3:13:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

> "Grand Poobah" <grandpoobahNOSPAM@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> > Umm, been a long time.
> >
> > Is the flame war with Dr Smart now officially dead?
>
> He only posts on Usenet under aliases now and only very infrequently.
> However, when posting on web forums he gets into ego problems every now or
> then but if the moderator doesn't ban the other person then Derek refuses to
> post on that forum any longer.
>
> On the other hand, he still claims his totally bogus PhD.

Thankyou for your thoroughly entertaining and enlightening website Mr. Huffman,
I only found it via the Dreamcatcher forums relating to UC (which I read for the DS rantings)
It took me back to the days of attempting to beta test for BCM, which wasn't too successful,
as I didn't follow the regime and post enough bugs, so I was cast aside (And I did not want to
incur the wrath of DS by posting an incorrect bug that wasn't a bug, just me not doing things right)

FistMaster
!