Free & Clear America Questions

Last response: in Network Providers
June 5, 2004 5:39:00 AM

I just added F&CA to my plan a few days ago, and had a few questions. I'm on
a shared plan (two phones).

1) The $5.00 fee covers both phones, in other words, it's not 5.00 per
phone, correct?

2) I understand that 50% of minutes may be used off-network (based on the
amount of minutes that you use). For example: if i use 1000 AT minutes, 500
of those can be off-network. The same would hold for N/W minutes, correct?

3) Do these totals of 50% come from each phone, in other words, if I use
1000 minutes on the primary, and 200 on the secondary, does that mean I can
use 500 off network, or I can use 600 off-network (1200 total AT, with 50%
being 600 off-network).

4) When looking at my 'current usage' section of the spcs webpage, it shows
'ROAMING MINUTES IN PLAN" as a section. Under 'Included' it shows 0 'Used' 0
(as I haven't roamed yet), 'Remaining' 0, and 'Additional Used' 0 -- does
this information mean that F&CA isn't added to my plan yet (or won't reflect
til my next cycle, since I added it in the middle of my current cycle), or
will it always show 0 included and just not count the 'used' as technically
'used' (meaning, I won't actually *get* charged if I roam for 6 minutes in
one month -- and of course, having used by far more than 6 minutes
in-network).

That's about it -- since the SPCS webpage doesn't really explain this in all
too much detail, I figured I'd inquire here.

Thanks
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 6:24:11 AM

"boxermansr" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> I just added F&CA to my plan a few days ago, and had a few questions. I'm
on
> a shared plan (two phones).
>
> 1) The $5.00 fee covers both phones, in other words, it's not 5.00 per
> phone, correct?

Absotively, posilutely ... $5 per ACCT.

> 2) I understand that 50% of minutes may be used off-network (based on the
> amount of minutes that you use). For example: if i use 1000 AT minutes,
500
> of those can be off-network. The same would hold for N/W minutes, correct?

Yes.

> 3) Do these totals of 50% come from each phone, in other words, if I use
> 1000 minutes on the primary, and 200 on the secondary, does that mean I
can
> use 500 off network, or I can use 600 off-network (1200 total AT, with 50%
> being 600 off-network).

It's on total minutes used, no matter which phone had used more minutes.
Remember, it's on the account.

> 4) When looking at my 'current usage' section of the spcs webpage, it
shows
> 'ROAMING MINUTES IN PLAN" as a section. Under 'Included' it shows 0 'Used'
0
> (as I haven't roamed yet), 'Remaining' 0, and 'Additional Used' 0 -- does
> this information mean that F&CA isn't added to my plan yet (or won't
reflect
> til my next cycle, since I added it in the middle of my current cycle), or
> will it always show 0 included and just not count the 'used' as
technically
> 'used' (meaning, I won't actually *get* charged if I roam for 6 minutes in
> one month -- and of course, having used by far more than 6 minutes
> in-network).

I'm not sure when the addition of F&CA takes place, whether it's right when
you call or at the start of your next billing cycle.

> That's about it -- since the SPCS webpage doesn't really explain this in
all
> too much detail, I figured I'd inquire here.
>
> Thanks

Really, there's not that much to explain ...

Bob
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 10:10:01 AM

Looks like Bob gave you some good info already, but here goes anyway:

In article <Uu9wc.61138$lY2.59489@fe1.texas.rr.com>, none@none.com
says...
> I just added F&CA to my plan a few days ago, and had a few questions. I'm on
> a shared plan (two phones).
>
> 1) The $5.00 fee covers both phones, in other words, it's not 5.00 per
> phone, correct?

For every phone sharing minutes, yeah. If ever a phone goes on its
own plan, then that phone would pay $5/month, too. But, as you
describe it, one $5 monthly charge.

> 2) I understand that 50% of minutes may be used off-network (based on the
> amount of minutes that you use). For example: if i use 1000 AT minutes, 500
> of those can be off-network. The same would hold for N/W minutes, correct?

Correct. Actually, if you go over that 50%, we still cover you,
unless you do it twice within a three-month period. Then we cover
you, tell you that you've exceeded that, and remove the option. But
you'll get a warning the first time, too. A friendly note,
basically, reminding you to keep your roaming below 50% of your on-
network usage.

> 3) Do these totals of 50% come from each phone, in other words, if I use
> 1000 minutes on the primary, and 200 on the secondary, does that mean I can
> use 500 off network, or I can use 600 off-network (1200 total AT, with 50%
> being 600 off-network).

Interesting question. From what I understand, the system looks at
total usage for the plan.

> 4) When looking at my 'current usage' section of the spcs webpage, it shows
> 'ROAMING MINUTES IN PLAN" as a section. Under 'Included' it shows 0 'Used' 0
> (as I haven't roamed yet), 'Remaining' 0, and 'Additional Used' 0 -- does
> this information mean that F&CA isn't added to my plan yet (or won't reflect
> til my next cycle, since I added it in the middle of my current cycle), or
> will it always show 0 included and just not count the 'used' as technically
> 'used' (meaning, I won't actually *get* charged if I roam for 6 minutes in
> one month -- and of course, having used by far more than 6 minutes
> in-network).

Nah. It's a default format for displaying plan options. As we get
roaming usage reported to us, you'll see the used option tick up, and
the other two will probably stay 0.

> That's about it -- since the SPCS webpage doesn't really explain this in all
> too much detail, I figured I'd inquire here.
>
> Thanks

Sure. Hope this helps.

--
RØß
O/Siris

O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:<d0e15bae747df5641a33a0e07842564e@news.teranews.com>...
> Looks like Bob gave you some good info already, but here goes anyway:
>
> In article <Uu9wc.61138$lY2.59489@fe1.texas.rr.com>, none@none.com
> says...
> > I just added F&CA to my plan a few days ago, and had a few questions. I'm
> on

> > Thanks
>
> Sure. Hope this helps.

Is it true that adding f&ca and other add on's require a contract extention?
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 8:41:14 AM

In article <68a9acb2.0406051814.2df4a103@posting.google.com>,
plane@usa.com says...
> Is it true that adding f&ca and other add on's require a contract extention?

Not necessarily. F&CA, no. 7PM, yes. Vision, no. See what I mean?

--
RØß
O/Siris

O/Siris <0siris@spr?ntpcs.com> wrote:
> In article <68a9acb2.0406051814.2df4a103@posting.google.com>,
> plane@usa.com says...
>> Is it true that adding f&ca and other add on's require a contract extention?
>>

> Not necessarily. F&CA, no. 7PM, yes. Vision, no. See what I mean?

Well, Vision and F&CA aren't promotional packages, are they? 7PM Nights is,
if I recall correctly. Most carriers do require an extension if you sign up
for a promo.

June 6, 2004 9:06:41 AM

In article <_cKdneBeRqUvOV_dRVn-vA@lmi.net>, sjsobol@JustThe.net
says...
> O/Siris <0siris@spr?ntpcs.com> wrote:
> > In article <68a9acb2.0406051814.2df4a103@posting.google.com>,
> > plane@usa.com says...
> >> Is it true that adding f&ca and other add on's require a contract extention?
> >>

> > Not necessarily. F&CA, no. 7PM, yes. Vision, no. See what I mean?
>
> Well, Vision and F&CA aren't promotional packages, are they? 7PM Nights is,
> if I recall correctly. Most carriers do require an extension if you sign up
> for a promo.

I guess it's still, technically, a promo. It's a danged permanent
one, but I'd suppose you're right.

--
RØß
O/Siris

plane@usa.com (plane) wrote:

> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
> > Looks like Bob gave you some good info already, but here goes anyway:
> >
> > In article <Uu9wc.61138$lY2.59489@fe1.texas.rr.com>, none@none.com
> > says...
> > > I just added F&CA to my plan a few days ago, and had a few questions. I'm
> > on
>
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Sure. Hope this helps.
>

> Is it true that adding f&ca and other add on's require a contract extention?

A CSR may tell you that (they have quotas to meet) but the only add on
that requires an extension is 7 PM Nights.
!