X2: Keyboard map??

Last response: in Video Games
October 27, 2004 1:03:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??

Lloyd Heilbrunn

More about : keyboard map

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 2:00:10 AM

"LHeilb8013" <lheilb8013@aol.com> wrote in message
> Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with
the
> "keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to
include
> one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??

Don't have my manual handy so I don't remember if they were all
in there.. but I can tell you that if you go to the help screen in the
game (default key is "h"), you will get a scrollable list of EVERY
hotkey in the game. You could take a few minutes to write them
all down if nothing else.

You cannot, for the most part, change the keys, so you gotta get
used to them the way they are. You can configure some keys
with the game launcher. But only stuff like Control, Alt, Enter,
etc. It also allows you to assign mouse buttons and joystick
buttons. Anything on A-Z is pretty much fixed.

Go through all the tutorials if you are new to the game, to learn
the details on how to do things like pickup cargo, buy and build
factories and stuff, and to get a good combat sim that is a good
place to learn to control your ship and battle.

One last hint, new players often have trouble launching missles.
The keyboard has two seperate controls for 1) cycling through
available missles and 2) launching the one selected. If you assign
the missles/rockets function (in the launcher config), to a joystick
button, it functions as both. A single click of the button cycles
forward through missles in your hold. To launch one, you have
to press and hold the button for a bit.. at least a second, maybe
two. Bit of a pain. If you really want to launch fast, the keyboard
key works better (I think it's L).

Jim
October 27, 2004 3:44:00 AM

On 26 Oct 2004 21:03:07 GMT, lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote:

>Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
>"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
>one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??

Maybe in a PDF on the CD?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 27, 2004 3:19:59 PM

Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<voktn093nckgfq7prjlhslshj1fnpmdkcc@4ax.com>...
> On 26 Oct 2004 21:03:07 GMT, lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote:
>
> >Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
> >"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
> >one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??
>
> Maybe in a PDF on the CD?
>
> Lemming

Yes, just hold the CD in front of you while you play. It helps a lot.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 3:20:02 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<voktn093nckgfq7prjlhslshj1fnpmdkcc@4ax.com>...
> On 26 Oct 2004 21:03:07 GMT, lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote:
>
> >Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
> >"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
> >one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??
>
> Maybe in a PDF on the CD?
>
> Lemming

Yes, just hold the CD in front of you while you play. It helps a lot.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 10:00:50 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote in

> Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game
> with the "keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does
> not seem to include one, although I thought they were customary for
> space sims. WTF??
>
> Lloyd Heilbrunn

Warning - on-topic post!

You might check here: http://keycardhq.de
October 27, 2004 10:43:57 PM

> Yes, just hold the CD in front of you while you play. It helps a lot.

'Specially if you have two. =)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
October 28, 2004 12:28:19 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On 27 Oct 2004 11:19:59 -0700, confed@evilemail.com (Cutter Slade)
wrote:

>Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<voktn093nckgfq7prjlhslshj1fnpmdkcc@4ax.com>...
>> On 26 Oct 2004 21:03:07 GMT, lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote:
>>
>> >Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
>> >"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
>> >one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??
>>
>> Maybe in a PDF on the CD?
>>
>> Lemming
>
>Yes, just hold the CD in front of you while you play. It helps a lot.

One of us has missed something.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
October 28, 2004 12:54:57 AM

"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?

Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 12:54:58 AM

On or about 10/27/2004 1:54:57 PM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
> "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
>
> Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)

I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.

Bret

October 28, 2004 1:44:29 AM

"Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
> On or about 10/27/2004 1:54:57 PM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
> > "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
> >
> > Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
>
> I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.

Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every opportunity
to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 1:44:30 AM

On or about 10/27/2004 2:44:29 PM, FLY135 <fly_135notmail.com> said:
> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
>> On or about 10/27/2004 1:54:57 PM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
>>> "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
>>
>> I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.
>
> Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every opportunity
> to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.

I was being a bit facetious, Fly: Shingen has previously posted regarding
his fondness for herbal augmentation. Or maybe Zan simply meant that the
good Cap'n was rather keen on ceramics?

Besides, Cap'n Tomer's headers don't correspond to Shingen's. Nor do they
match "We Live (etc. etc. etc.)"'s headers, for that matter. Maybe it's
just Louis again.

Bret

October 28, 2004 4:10:31 AM

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:54:57 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

>"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
>
>Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)

Harry?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 5:18:26 AM

> On or about 10/27/2004 2:44:29 PM, FLY135 <fly_135notmail.com> said:
> > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

> >> I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.
> >
> > Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every
opportunity
> > to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.
>
> I was being a bit facetious, Fly: Shingen has previously posted regarding
> his fondness for herbal augmentation. Or maybe Zan simply meant that the
> good Cap'n was rather keen on ceramics?
>
> Besides, Cap'n Tomer's headers don't correspond to Shingen's. Nor do they
> match "We Live (etc. etc. etc.)"'s headers, for that matter. Maybe it's
> just Louis again.

Louis is too busy to post on Usenet. He's too busy being stalked by Mr.
Smart and intercepting and reading all of Mr. Smart's emails.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 5:20:17 AM

"Paul Grunwald" <pgrunwald@spamthis.comcast.net> wrote in message
> lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote in
>
> > Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game
> > with the "keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does
> > not seem to include one, although I thought they were customary for
> > space sims. WTF??
> >
> > Lloyd Heilbrunn
>
> Warning - on-topic post!
>

> You might check here: http://keycardhq.de

Thanks for the warning but it would be safer to put the warning in the
subject field next time.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 8:53:39 AM

"Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<BWTfd.4101$9R4.503@trndny09>...
> "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
>
> Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
>
> // Xan, Ph.D.
> // I worship His Shadow.

What the f***!!??
Whatever stupid psycho.

And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?
not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could
just call me Tomer ok!?
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 6:16:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:19:10 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>On or about 10/27/2004 2:44:29 PM, FLY135 <fly_135notmail.com> said:
>> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

>>> I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.
>>
>> Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every opportunity
>> to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.
>
>I was being a bit facetious, Fly: Shingen has previously posted regarding
>his fondness for herbal augmentation. Or maybe Zan simply meant that the
>good Cap'n was rather keen on ceramics?

Naz and his anagram machine.

>Besides, Cap'n Tomer's headers don't correspond to Shingen's. Nor do they
>match "We Live (etc. etc. etc.)"'s headers, for that matter. Maybe it's
>just Louis again.
>
>Bret

Louis Again. Apropos of bugger all, I vaguely know a man called Fred
Rice who suffers from schizophrenia, he is known, naturally, as
Freddie Twice.

The first name has been changed to protect the innocents.

br d
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 6:16:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On or about 10/28/2004 6:16:30 AM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
said:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:19:10 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On or about 10/27/2004 2:44:29 PM, FLY135 <fly_135notmail.com> said:
>>> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

>>> Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every opportunity
>>> to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.
>>
>>I was being a bit facetious, Fly: Shingen has previously posted regarding
>>his fondness for herbal augmentation. Or maybe Zan simply meant that the
>>good Cap'n was rather keen on ceramics?
>
> Naz and his anagram machine.
>

>>Besides, Cap'n Tomer's headers don't correspond to Shingen's. Nor do they
>>match "We Live (etc. etc. etc.)"'s headers, for that matter. Maybe it's
>>just Louis again.
>>
>>Bret
>
> Louis Again. Apropos of bugger all, I vaguely know a man called Fred
> Rice who suffers from schizophrenia, he is known, naturally, as
> Freddie Twice.
>
> The first name has been changed to protect the innocents.

I don't get it. And neither do I.

Brets

October 28, 2004 8:13:15 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On 28 Oct 2004 04:53:39 -0700, freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il (Captain
Tomer) wrote:

>"Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<BWTfd.4101$9R4.503@trndny09>...
>> "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
>>
>> Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
>>
>> // Xan, Ph.D.
>> // I worship His Shadow.
>

>What the f***!!??

Arcane tit mop

>Whatever stupid psycho.

Catena import.

>And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?

I'm taco enrapt.

>not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could

Cite not a pram.

>just call me Tomer ok!?

A recti tampon.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Captain Taco.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:41:58 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>No time for gaming? =:0
>
>That just ain't right.
>
>Well, hurry back, Shingen. We could use a little common sense around here.
>
>Bret
A little gaming in the e3arly mornings and late evenings.

Lately I've been playing Imperialism 2, trying to get Sweden and
France (the two with the largest military under me) to go to war so I
can snatch up some more of that prime, old world real estate.
October 28, 2004 10:09:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:48:53 GMT, Shingen
<shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:41:58 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
>wrote:
>
>>No time for gaming? =:0
>>
>>That just ain't right.
>>
>>Well, hurry back, Shingen. We could use a little common sense around here.
>>
>>Bret
>A little gaming in the e3arly mornings and late evenings.
>
>Lately I've been playing Imperialism 2, trying to get Sweden and
>France (the two with the largest military under me) to go to war so I
>can snatch up some more of that prime, old world real estate.

Tell them the UN have passed a resolution forbidding war. That should
do the trick.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 10:09:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:09:06 +0100, Lemming
<thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Tell them the UN have passed a resolution forbidding war. That should
>do the trick.
>
>Lemming

That would prolly work, expect that there's no "UN" option in the damn
game! Go figure.

Maybe I should start an "Iron Ore for Food" scandal, accuse Germany of
hoarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, and get Spain and Portugal to
set up a "coalition". =)
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 10:09:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On or about 10/28/2004 10:32:01 AM, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
said:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:09:06 +0100, Lemming
> <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Tell them the UN have passed a resolution forbidding war. That should
>>do the trick.
>>
>>Lemming
>
> That would prolly work, expect that there's no "UN" option in the damn
> game! Go figure.
>
> Maybe I should start an "Iron Ore for Food" scandal, accuse Germany of
> hoarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, and get Spain and Portugal to
> set up a "coalition". =)

Egad, who would ever fall for that? No, you'll have to try a different
strategery -- maybe threaten them with nukular armitage, or something like
that.

Bret

October 28, 2004 10:49:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:19:21 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>On or about 10/28/2004 10:32:01 AM, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
>said:
>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:09:06 +0100, Lemming
>> <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>Tell them the UN have passed a resolution forbidding war. That should
>>>do the trick.
>>>
>>>Lemming
>>
>> That would prolly work, expect that there's no "UN" option in the damn
>> game! Go figure.
>>
>> Maybe I should start an "Iron Ore for Food" scandal, accuse Germany of
>> hoarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, and get Spain and Portugal to
>> set up a "coalition". =)
>
>Egad, who would ever fall for that? No, you'll have to try a different
>strategery -- maybe threaten them with nukular armitage, or something like
>that.
>
>Bret

umm Bret, I take it you've never played any of the Imperialism games?

Imperialism 2 is set between 1500 and 1850, so there isn't any Nukular
anything. The best I could do blockade everyone with massive fleets of
Ironclads and starve them into submission.

Doable, but not very exciting.
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 10:49:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On or about 10/28/2004 11:49:10 AM, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
said:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:19:21 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
> wrote:
>
>>On or about 10/28/2004 10:32:01 AM, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
>>said:

>>> That would prolly work, expect that there's no "UN" option in the damn
>>> game! Go figure.
>>>
>>> Maybe I should start an "Iron Ore for Food" scandal, accuse Germany of
>>> hoarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, and get Spain and Portugal to
>>> set up a "coalition". =)
>>
>>Egad, who would ever fall for that? No, you'll have to try a different
>>strategery -- maybe threaten them with nukular armitage, or something like
>>that.
>>
>>Bret
>>
> umm Bret, I take it you've never played any of the Imperialism games?

Oh, *games*. I didn't realize you were talking about games.

> Imperialism 2 is set between 1500 and 1850, so there isn't any Nukular
> anything.

Maybe you could invent it? Heck, nowadays every other backwater country in
world is capable of initialating a nukular pogrom.

> The best I could do blockade everyone with massive fleets of
> Ironclads and starve them into submission.

If you are capable of surrounding Germany with Ironclads, you are clearly a
bigger man than I am.

> Doable, but not very exciting.

Just hack the graphics library and exchange the 'ironclads' for
'scantily-clads'. I'm sure the Germans won't mind.

Bret

October 29, 2004 2:15:11 AM

"Captain Tomer" <freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il> wrote in message
> What the f***!!??
> Whatever stupid psycho.

It's called an anagram, dear captain. =D

> And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?
> not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could
> just call me Tomer ok!?

Tell that to Bread.

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 4:16:33 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:11:37 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>Hi Shingen, I wish I had known that you were lurking because then I would
>have been flaming you unmercifully. In the future please email when you plan
>on lurking so that I can be better prepared to make you feel at home.

Did I miss something? Why would you want to flame me? I'm neither a
game developer nor do I claim to have a PHD. =P
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 4:17:49 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Captain Tomer" <freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il> wrote in message
> "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<BWTfd.4101$9R4.503@trndny09>...
> > "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
> >
> > Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
> >
> > // Xan, Ph.D.
> > // I worship His Shadow.
>

> What the f***!!??
> Whatever stupid psycho.
>
> And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?
> not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could
> just call me Tomer ok!?

Captain Coma is is then. May I suggest that sometimes in the near future you
change it to Captain Co a? Dropping out a letter in your name is all the
rage in space-sim right now.

B ll
October 29, 2004 5:45:20 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:16:33 GMT, Shingen
<shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:11:37 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
>wrote:
>

>>Hi Shingen, I wish I had known that you were lurking because then I would
>>have been flaming you unmercifully. In the future please email when you plan
>>on lurking so that I can be better prepared to make you feel at home.
>>

>Did I miss something? Why would you want to flame me? I'm neither a
>game developer nor do I claim to have a PHD. =P

If you are lurking you won't answer back.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 8:09:38 AM

"Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:11:37 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Hi Shingen, I wish I had known that you were lurking because then I would
> >have been flaming you unmercifully. In the future please email when you
plan
> >on lurking so that I can be better prepared to make you feel at home.
> >

> Did I miss something? Why would you want to flame me? I'm neither a
> game developer nor do I claim to have a PHD. =P

I thought I already explained why? I want to make you feel at home.
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 7:10:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:17:49 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>"Captain Tomer" <freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il> wrote in message
>> "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<BWTfd.4101$9R4.503@trndny09>...
>> > "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
>> >
>> > // Xan, Ph.D.
>> > // I worship His Shadow.
>>

>> What the f***!!??
>> Whatever stupid psycho.
>>
>> And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?
>> not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could
>> just call me Tomer ok!?
>
>Captain Coma is is then. May I suggest that sometimes in the near future you
>change it to Captain Co a? Dropping out a letter in your name is all the
>rage in space-sim right now.
>
>B ll

You're only confusing him further B ll, I mean, we've all been here
for years and we're all still totally lost, how can you expect a
newbie (does that mean "new to the group") to make any sense of it?

I'm not sure about 'Co a', the vowels should really be the first to
go, as in:
Br t
B ll
L mm ng
Z n
bp

I think C m would be more interesting. But it's only a suggestion,
others less st p d than me probably know better.

br d
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 7:11:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:45:20 +0100, Lemming
<thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:16:33 GMT, Shingen
><shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:11:37 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Shingen, I wish I had known that you were lurking because then I would
>>>have been flaming you unmercifully. In the future please email when you plan
>>>on lurking so that I can be better prepared to make you feel at home.
>>>

>>Did I miss something? Why would you want to flame me? I'm neither a
>>game developer nor do I claim to have a PHD. =P
>
>If you are lurking you won't answer back.
>
>Lemming

I think he's really lurking because I asked him to come back here on
another forum, he's being all sniffy about it and pretending he was
here all the time but I'm not falling for it.

br d
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 7:31:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:11:49 +0100, br d
<misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

>I think he's really lurking because I asked him to come back here on
>another forum, he's being all sniffy about it and pretending he was
>here all the time but I'm not falling for it.
>
>br d

What are you going on about? Sniffy? Is that some British, elitist
"highbrow" term, or am I supposed to have a cold?

I've been out of the loop for awhile, and it doesn't seem to be
getting any better.

Story of my life! =P
!