X2: Keyboard map??

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??

Lloyd Heilbrunn
33 answers Last reply
More about keyboard
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "LHeilb8013" <lheilb8013@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with
    the
    > "keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to
    include
    > one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??

    Don't have my manual handy so I don't remember if they were all
    in there.. but I can tell you that if you go to the help screen in the
    game (default key is "h"), you will get a scrollable list of EVERY
    hotkey in the game. You could take a few minutes to write them
    all down if nothing else.

    You cannot, for the most part, change the keys, so you gotta get
    used to them the way they are. You can configure some keys
    with the game launcher. But only stuff like Control, Alt, Enter,
    etc. It also allows you to assign mouse buttons and joystick
    buttons. Anything on A-Z is pretty much fixed.

    Go through all the tutorials if you are new to the game, to learn
    the details on how to do things like pickup cargo, buy and build
    factories and stuff, and to get a good combat sim that is a good
    place to learn to control your ship and battle.

    One last hint, new players often have trouble launching missles.
    The keyboard has two seperate controls for 1) cycling through
    available missles and 2) launching the one selected. If you assign
    the missles/rockets function (in the launcher config), to a joystick
    button, it functions as both. A single click of the button cycles
    forward through missles in your hold. To launch one, you have
    to press and hold the button for a bit.. at least a second, maybe
    two. Bit of a pain. If you really want to launch fast, the keyboard
    key works better (I think it's L).

    Jim
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 26 Oct 2004 21:03:07 GMT, lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote:

    >Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
    >"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
    >one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??

    Maybe in a PDF on the CD?

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<voktn093nckgfq7prjlhslshj1fnpmdkcc@4ax.com>...
    > On 26 Oct 2004 21:03:07 GMT, lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote:
    >
    > >Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
    > >"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
    > >one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??
    >
    > Maybe in a PDF on the CD?
    >
    > Lemming

    Yes, just hold the CD in front of you while you play. It helps a lot.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<voktn093nckgfq7prjlhslshj1fnpmdkcc@4ax.com>...
    > On 26 Oct 2004 21:03:07 GMT, lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote:
    >
    > >Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
    > >"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
    > >one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??
    >
    > Maybe in a PDF on the CD?
    >
    > Lemming

    Yes, just hold the CD in front of you while you play. It helps a lot.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote in

    > Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game
    > with the "keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does
    > not seem to include one, although I thought they were customary for
    > space sims. WTF??
    >
    > Lloyd Heilbrunn

    Warning - on-topic post!

    You might check here: http://keycardhq.de
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > Yes, just hold the CD in front of you while you play. It helps a lot.

    'Specially if you have two. =)

    // Xan, Ph.D.
    // I worship His Shadow.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 27 Oct 2004 11:19:59 -0700, confed@evilemail.com (Cutter Slade)
    wrote:

    >Lemming <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<voktn093nckgfq7prjlhslshj1fnpmdkcc@4ax.com>...
    >> On 26 Oct 2004 21:03:07 GMT, lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game with the
    >> >"keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does not seem to include
    >> >one, although I thought they were customary for space sims. WTF??
    >>
    >> Maybe in a PDF on the CD?
    >>
    >> Lemming
    >
    >Yes, just hold the CD in front of you while you play. It helps a lot.

    One of us has missed something.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?

    Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)

    // Xan, Ph.D.
    // I worship His Shadow.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/27/2004 1:54:57 PM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
    > "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
    >
    > Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)

    I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.

    Bret

  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    > On or about 10/27/2004 1:54:57 PM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
    > > "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
    > >
    > > Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
    >
    > I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.

    Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every opportunity
    to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/27/2004 2:44:29 PM, FLY135 <fly_135notmail.com> said:
    > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    >> On or about 10/27/2004 1:54:57 PM, Xan <me@1.com> said:
    >>> "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
    >>
    >> I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.
    >
    > Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every opportunity
    > to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.

    I was being a bit facetious, Fly: Shingen has previously posted regarding
    his fondness for herbal augmentation. Or maybe Zan simply meant that the
    good Cap'n was rather keen on ceramics?

    Besides, Cap'n Tomer's headers don't correspond to Shingen's. Nor do they
    match "We Live (etc. etc. etc.)"'s headers, for that matter. Maybe it's
    just Louis again.

    Bret

  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming wrote:

    > One of us has missed something.

    My mind. . .

    Tara
    --
    http://users4.ev1.net/~taragem/yager.htm
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:54:57 GMT, "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote:

    >"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
    >
    >Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)

    Harry?

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > On or about 10/27/2004 2:44:29 PM, FLY135 <fly_135notmail.com> said:
    > > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

    > >> I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.
    > >
    > > Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every
    opportunity
    > > to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.
    >
    > I was being a bit facetious, Fly: Shingen has previously posted regarding
    > his fondness for herbal augmentation. Or maybe Zan simply meant that the
    > good Cap'n was rather keen on ceramics?
    >
    > Besides, Cap'n Tomer's headers don't correspond to Shingen's. Nor do they
    > match "We Live (etc. etc. etc.)"'s headers, for that matter. Maybe it's
    > just Louis again.

    Louis is too busy to post on Usenet. He's too busy being stalked by Mr.
    Smart and intercepting and reading all of Mr. Smart's emails.
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Paul Grunwald" <pgrunwald@spamthis.comcast.net> wrote in message
    > lheilb8013@aol.com (LHeilb8013) wrote in
    >
    > > Just picked this up in the bargain bin. Manual says to play the game
    > > with the "keyboard map" in front of me (tutorial section).Game does
    > > not seem to include one, although I thought they were customary for
    > > space sims. WTF??
    > >
    > > Lloyd Heilbrunn
    >
    > Warning - on-topic post!
    >

    > You might check here: http://keycardhq.de

    Thanks for the warning but it would be safer to put the warning in the
    subject field next time.
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<BWTfd.4101$9R4.503@trndny09>...
    > "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
    >
    > Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
    >
    > // Xan, Ph.D.
    > // I worship His Shadow.

    What the f***!!??
    Whatever stupid psycho.

    And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?
    not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could
    just call me Tomer ok!?
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:19:10 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 10/27/2004 2:44:29 PM, FLY135 <fly_135notmail.com> said:
    >> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

    >>> I was just wondering what happened to good ol' Shingen.
    >>
    >> Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every opportunity
    >> to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.
    >
    >I was being a bit facetious, Fly: Shingen has previously posted regarding
    >his fondness for herbal augmentation. Or maybe Zan simply meant that the
    >good Cap'n was rather keen on ceramics?

    Naz and his anagram machine.

    >Besides, Cap'n Tomer's headers don't correspond to Shingen's. Nor do they
    >match "We Live (etc. etc. etc.)"'s headers, for that matter. Maybe it's
    >just Louis again.
    >
    >Bret

    Louis Again. Apropos of bugger all, I vaguely know a man called Fred
    Rice who suffers from schizophrenia, he is known, naturally, as
    Freddie Twice.

    The first name has been changed to protect the innocents.

    br d
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/28/2004 6:16:30 AM, br d <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk>
    said:
    > On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:19:10 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On or about 10/27/2004 2:44:29 PM, FLY135 <fly_135notmail.com> said:
    >>> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

    >>> Probably not. It's probably the one poster that has taken every opportunity
    >>> to rant about how bad X2 is every chance he gets.
    >>
    >>I was being a bit facetious, Fly: Shingen has previously posted regarding
    >>his fondness for herbal augmentation. Or maybe Zan simply meant that the
    >>good Cap'n was rather keen on ceramics?
    >
    > Naz and his anagram machine.
    >

    >>Besides, Cap'n Tomer's headers don't correspond to Shingen's. Nor do they
    >>match "We Live (etc. etc. etc.)"'s headers, for that matter. Maybe it's
    >>just Louis again.
    >>
    >>Bret
    >
    > Louis Again. Apropos of bugger all, I vaguely know a man called Fred
    > Rice who suffers from schizophrenia, he is known, naturally, as
    > Freddie Twice.
    >
    > The first name has been changed to protect the innocents.

    I don't get it. And neither do I.

    Brets

  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 28 Oct 2004 04:53:39 -0700, freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il (Captain
    Tomer) wrote:

    >"Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<BWTfd.4101$9R4.503@trndny09>...
    >> "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> > Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
    >>
    >> Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
    >>
    >> // Xan, Ph.D.
    >> // I worship His Shadow.
    >

    >What the f***!!??

    Arcane tit mop

    >Whatever stupid psycho.

    Catena import.

    >And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?

    I'm taco enrapt.

    >not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could

    Cite not a pram.

    >just call me Tomer ok!?

    A recti tampon.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Captain Taco.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:41:58 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >No time for gaming? =:0
    >
    >That just ain't right.
    >
    >Well, hurry back, Shingen. We could use a little common sense around here.
    >
    >Bret
    A little gaming in the e3arly mornings and late evenings.

    Lately I've been playing Imperialism 2, trying to get Sweden and
    France (the two with the largest military under me) to go to war so I
    can snatch up some more of that prime, old world real estate.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:48:53 GMT, Shingen
    <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:41:58 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>No time for gaming? =:0
    >>
    >>That just ain't right.
    >>
    >>Well, hurry back, Shingen. We could use a little common sense around here.
    >>
    >>Bret
    >A little gaming in the e3arly mornings and late evenings.
    >
    >Lately I've been playing Imperialism 2, trying to get Sweden and
    >France (the two with the largest military under me) to go to war so I
    >can snatch up some more of that prime, old world real estate.

    Tell them the UN have passed a resolution forbidding war. That should
    do the trick.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:09:06 +0100, Lemming
    <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >Tell them the UN have passed a resolution forbidding war. That should
    >do the trick.
    >
    >Lemming

    That would prolly work, expect that there's no "UN" option in the damn
    game! Go figure.

    Maybe I should start an "Iron Ore for Food" scandal, accuse Germany of
    hoarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, and get Spain and Portugal to
    set up a "coalition". =)
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/28/2004 10:32:01 AM, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
    said:
    > On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:09:06 +0100, Lemming
    > <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Tell them the UN have passed a resolution forbidding war. That should
    >>do the trick.
    >>
    >>Lemming
    >
    > That would prolly work, expect that there's no "UN" option in the damn
    > game! Go figure.
    >
    > Maybe I should start an "Iron Ore for Food" scandal, accuse Germany of
    > hoarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, and get Spain and Portugal to
    > set up a "coalition". =)

    Egad, who would ever fall for that? No, you'll have to try a different
    strategery -- maybe threaten them with nukular armitage, or something like
    that.

    Bret

  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:19:21 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 10/28/2004 10:32:01 AM, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
    >said:
    >> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:09:06 +0100, Lemming
    >> <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Tell them the UN have passed a resolution forbidding war. That should
    >>>do the trick.
    >>>
    >>>Lemming
    >>
    >> That would prolly work, expect that there's no "UN" option in the damn
    >> game! Go figure.
    >>
    >> Maybe I should start an "Iron Ore for Food" scandal, accuse Germany of
    >> hoarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, and get Spain and Portugal to
    >> set up a "coalition". =)
    >
    >Egad, who would ever fall for that? No, you'll have to try a different
    >strategery -- maybe threaten them with nukular armitage, or something like
    >that.
    >
    >Bret

    umm Bret, I take it you've never played any of the Imperialism games?

    Imperialism 2 is set between 1500 and 1850, so there isn't any Nukular
    anything. The best I could do blockade everyone with massive fleets of
    Ironclads and starve them into submission.

    Doable, but not very exciting.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 10/28/2004 11:49:10 AM, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
    said:
    > On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:19:21 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On or about 10/28/2004 10:32:01 AM, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
    >>said:

    >>> That would prolly work, expect that there's no "UN" option in the damn
    >>> game! Go figure.
    >>>
    >>> Maybe I should start an "Iron Ore for Food" scandal, accuse Germany of
    >>> hoarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, and get Spain and Portugal to
    >>> set up a "coalition". =)
    >>
    >>Egad, who would ever fall for that? No, you'll have to try a different
    >>strategery -- maybe threaten them with nukular armitage, or something like
    >>that.
    >>
    >>Bret
    >>
    > umm Bret, I take it you've never played any of the Imperialism games?

    Oh, *games*. I didn't realize you were talking about games.

    > Imperialism 2 is set between 1500 and 1850, so there isn't any Nukular
    > anything.

    Maybe you could invent it? Heck, nowadays every other backwater country in
    world is capable of initialating a nukular pogrom.

    > The best I could do blockade everyone with massive fleets of
    > Ironclads and starve them into submission.

    If you are capable of surrounding Germany with Ironclads, you are clearly a
    bigger man than I am.

    > Doable, but not very exciting.

    Just hack the graphics library and exchange the 'ironclads' for
    'scantily-clads'. I'm sure the Germans won't mind.

    Bret

  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Captain Tomer" <freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il> wrote in message
    > What the f***!!??
    > Whatever stupid psycho.

    It's called an anagram, dear captain. =D

    > And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?
    > not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could
    > just call me Tomer ok!?

    Tell that to Bread.

    // Xan, Ph.D.
    // I worship His Shadow.
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:11:37 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi Shingen, I wish I had known that you were lurking because then I would
    >have been flaming you unmercifully. In the future please email when you plan
    >on lurking so that I can be better prepared to make you feel at home.

    Did I miss something? Why would you want to flame me? I'm neither a
    game developer nor do I claim to have a PHD. =P
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Captain Tomer" <freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il> wrote in message
    > "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<BWTfd.4101$9R4.503@trndny09>...
    > > "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hey Zan, isn't it time you told us who Cap'n Coma really is?
    > >
    > > Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
    > >
    > > // Xan, Ph.D.
    > > // I worship His Shadow.
    >

    > What the f***!!??
    > Whatever stupid psycho.
    >
    > And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?
    > not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could
    > just call me Tomer ok!?

    Captain Coma is is then. May I suggest that sometimes in the near future you
    change it to Captain Co a? Dropping out a letter in your name is all the
    rage in space-sim right now.

    B ll
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:16:33 GMT, Shingen
    <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:11:37 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Hi Shingen, I wish I had known that you were lurking because then I would
    >>have been flaming you unmercifully. In the future please email when you plan
    >>on lurking so that I can be better prepared to make you feel at home.
    >>

    >Did I miss something? Why would you want to flame me? I'm neither a
    >game developer nor do I claim to have a PHD. =P

    If you are lurking you won't answer back.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:11:37 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >Hi Shingen, I wish I had known that you were lurking because then I would
    > >have been flaming you unmercifully. In the future please email when you
    plan
    > >on lurking so that I can be better prepared to make you feel at home.
    > >

    > Did I miss something? Why would you want to flame me? I'm neither a
    > game developer nor do I claim to have a PHD. =P

    I thought I already explained why? I want to make you feel at home.
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:17:49 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >"Captain Tomer" <freelancer2003@hotmail.co.il> wrote in message
    >> "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:<BWTfd.4101$9R4.503@trndny09>...
    >> > "br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Captain Tomer is, in fact, a maniac potter. =)
    >> >
    >> > // Xan, Ph.D.
    >> > // I worship His Shadow.
    >>

    >> What the f***!!??
    >> Whatever stupid psycho.
    >>
    >> And by the way, I am Captain Tomer OK!?
    >> not some "coma", my real name is tomer, it would be nice if you could
    >> just call me Tomer ok!?
    >
    >Captain Coma is is then. May I suggest that sometimes in the near future you
    >change it to Captain Co a? Dropping out a letter in your name is all the
    >rage in space-sim right now.
    >
    >B ll

    You're only confusing him further B ll, I mean, we've all been here
    for years and we're all still totally lost, how can you expect a
    newbie (does that mean "new to the group") to make any sense of it?

    I'm not sure about 'Co a', the vowels should really be the first to
    go, as in:
    Br t
    B ll
    L mm ng
    Z n
    bp

    I think C m would be more interesting. But it's only a suggestion,
    others less st p d than me probably know better.

    br d
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:45:20 +0100, Lemming
    <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:16:33 GMT, Shingen
    ><shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:11:37 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi Shingen, I wish I had known that you were lurking because then I would
    >>>have been flaming you unmercifully. In the future please email when you plan
    >>>on lurking so that I can be better prepared to make you feel at home.
    >>>

    >>Did I miss something? Why would you want to flame me? I'm neither a
    >>game developer nor do I claim to have a PHD. =P
    >
    >If you are lurking you won't answer back.
    >
    >Lemming

    I think he's really lurking because I asked him to come back here on
    another forum, he's being all sniffy about it and pretending he was
    here all the time but I'm not falling for it.

    br d
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:11:49 +0100, br d
    <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

    >I think he's really lurking because I asked him to come back here on
    >another forum, he's being all sniffy about it and pretending he was
    >here all the time but I'm not falling for it.
    >
    >br d

    What are you going on about? Sniffy? Is that some British, elitist
    "highbrow" term, or am I supposed to have a cold?

    I've been out of the loop for awhile, and it doesn't seem to be
    getting any better.

    Story of my life! =P

PC gaming Games Keyboards Video Games