Computer bumper stickers we'd like to see

tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.hacker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

1. BREAKFAST.COM Halted...Cereal Port Not Responding

2. <-------- The information went data way --------

3. The name is Baud...James Baud.

4. BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go!

5. Access denied--nah nah na nah nah!

6. C:V> Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.

7. Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)

8. Backups? We don' *NEED* no steenking backups.

9. E Pluribus Modem

10. .... File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

11. Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny

12. CONGRESS.SYS Corrupted: Re-boot Washington D.C (Y/N)?

13. 11th commandment - Covet not thy neighbor's Pentium.

14. Windows: Just another pane in the glass.

15. SENILE.COM found . . . Out Of Memory . . .

16. RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure.

17. Smash forehead on keyboard to continue...

18. COFFEE.EXE Missing - Insert Cup and Press Any Key

19. ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!

20. E-mail returned to sender -- insufficient voltage.

21. Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

22. "640kb ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

23. Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!

24. Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...

25. REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)

26. Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)

27. Hit any user to continue.

28. Disk Full - Press F1 to belch.

29. Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic

30. (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

Tara
--
To err is human, to blame it on someone else shows management potential.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001

On 29 Nov 2004 17:12:23 -0800, taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote:

>1. BREAKFAST.COM Halted...Cereal Port Not Responding
>
>2. <-------- The information went data way --------
>
>3. The name is Baud...James Baud.
>
>4. BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go!
>
>5. Access denied--nah nah na nah nah!
>
>6. C:V> Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.
>
>7. Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)
>
>8. Backups? We don' *NEED* no steenking backups.
>
>9. E Pluribus Modem
>
>10. .... File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
>
>11. Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny
>
>12. CONGRESS.SYS Corrupted: Re-boot Washington D.C (Y/N)?
>
>13. 11th commandment - Covet not thy neighbor's Pentium.
>
>14. Windows: Just another pane in the glass.
>
>15. SENILE.COM found . . . Out Of Memory . . .
>
>16. RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure.
>
>17. Smash forehead on keyboard to continue...
>
>18. COFFEE.EXE Missing - Insert Cup and Press Any Key
>
>19. ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
>
>20. E-mail returned to sender -- insufficient voltage.
>
>21. Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.
>
>22. "640kb ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
>
>23. Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!
>
>24. Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...
>
>25. REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)
>
>26. Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)
>
>27. Hit any user to continue.
>
>28. Disk Full - Press F1 to belch.
>
>29. Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic
>
>30. (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?
>
>Tara
>--
>To err is human, to blame it on someone else shows management potential.

Were you bored?

By the way, your .sig prefix is broken. It's only one space after the
two hyphens.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Andrew

Archived from groups: alt.hacker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On 29 Nov 2004 17:12:23 -0800, taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote:

>1. BREAKFAST.COM Halted...Cereal Port Not Responding
<rest of antique message snipped>

Wow, I haven't seen that since, erm, since people actually used DOS.

Archived from groups: alt.hacker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:53:06 +0000, Lemming
<thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>On 29 Nov 2004 17:12:23 -0800, taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote:
>
>>1. BREAKFAST.COM Halted...Cereal Port Not Responding
>>
>>2. <-------- The information went data way --------
>>
>>3. The name is Baud...James Baud.
>>
>>4. BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go!
>>
>>5. Access denied--nah nah na nah nah!
>>
>>6. C:V> Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.
>>
>>7. Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)
>>
>>8. Backups? We don' *NEED* no steenking backups.
>>
>>9. E Pluribus Modem
>>
>>10. .... File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
>>
>>11. Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny
>>
>>12. CONGRESS.SYS Corrupted: Re-boot Washington D.C (Y/N)?
>>
>>13. 11th commandment - Covet not thy neighbor's Pentium.
>>
>>14. Windows: Just another pane in the glass.
>>
>>15. SENILE.COM found . . . Out Of Memory . . .
>>
>>16. RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure.
>>
>>17. Smash forehead on keyboard to continue...
>>
>>18. COFFEE.EXE Missing - Insert Cup and Press Any Key
>>
>>19. ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
>>
>>20. E-mail returned to sender -- insufficient voltage.
>>
>>21. Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.
>>
>>22. "640kb ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
>>
>>23. Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!
>>
>>24. Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...
>>
>>25. REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)
>>
>>26. Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)
>>
>>27. Hit any user to continue.
>>
>>28. Disk Full - Press F1 to belch.
>>
>>29. Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic
>>
>>30. (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?
>>
>>Tara
>>--
>>To err is human, to blame it on someone else shows management potential.
>
>Were you bored?

He will be now you're talking to him.

br d

Archived from groups: alt.hacker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Tara wrote:
(...)
> 21. Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.

I used to have 'un that did that. Amused me no end.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.hacker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:38:01 +0000, br d
<misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:53:06 +0000, Lemming
><thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On 29 Nov 2004 17:12:23 -0800, taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote:
>>
>>>1. BREAKFAST.COM Halted...Cereal Port Not Responding
>>>
>>>2. <-------- The information went data way --------
>>>
>>>3. The name is Baud...James Baud.
>>>
>>>4. BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go!
>>>
>>>5. Access denied--nah nah na nah nah!
>>>
>>>6. C:V> Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.
>>>
>>>7. Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)
>>>
>>>8. Backups? We don' *NEED* no steenking backups.
>>>
>>>9. E Pluribus Modem
>>>
>>>10. .... File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
>>>
>>>11. Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny
>>>
>>>12. CONGRESS.SYS Corrupted: Re-boot Washington D.C (Y/N)?
>>>
>>>13. 11th commandment - Covet not thy neighbor's Pentium.
>>>
>>>14. Windows: Just another pane in the glass.
>>>
>>>15. SENILE.COM found . . . Out Of Memory . . .
>>>
>>>16. RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure.
>>>
>>>17. Smash forehead on keyboard to continue...
>>>
>>>18. COFFEE.EXE Missing - Insert Cup and Press Any Key
>>>
>>>19. ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
>>>
>>>20. E-mail returned to sender -- insufficient voltage.
>>>
>>>21. Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.
>>>
>>>22. "640kb ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
>>>
>>>23. Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!
>>>
>>>24. Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...
>>>
>>>25. REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)
>>>
>>>26. Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)
>>>
>>>27. Hit any user to continue.
>>>
>>>28. Disk Full - Press F1 to belch.
>>>
>>>29. Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic
>>>
>>>30. (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?
>>>
>>>Tara
>>>--
>>>To err is human, to blame it on someone else shows management potential.
>>
>>Were you bored?
>
>He will be now you're talking to him.

Cnockey cnut.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.hacker,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Lemming wrote:

> By the way, your .sig prefix is broken. It's only one space after the
> two hyphens.

Your computer doesn't recognize my second space. ;-)

Tara

PS I'd be nice if you wouldn't quote the entire article in your replies.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Tara" <taragem72@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> br d wrote:
>
> > >Were you bored?
> >
> > He will be now you're talking to him.
>
> He?

It was a shot at Lemming. You see Lemming asked if you were bored. br d
responded that you will be now that Lemming was talking to you. Now my
boring post is proof that it was true. It is proof because now both Lemming
and I are talking to you so that you will be extra extra bored.

On 1 Dec 2004 17:57:08 -0800, taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote:

>Lemming wrote:
>
>> By the way, your .sig prefix is broken. It's only one space after the
>> two hyphens.
>
>Your computer doesn't recognize my second space. ;-)
>
>Tara
>
>PS I'd be nice if you wouldn't quote the entire article in your replies.

I'd be nice?

Sorry if I mistook your gender in my other post Tara.

br d

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 02:24:31 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>"Tara" <taragem72@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > He will be now you're talking to him.
>>
>> He?
>
>It was a shot at Lemming. You see Lemming asked if you were bored. br d
>responded that you will be now that Lemming was talking to you. Now my
>boring post is proof that it was true. It is proof because now both Lemming
>and I are talking to you so that you will be extra extra bored.

Wake me up when you've finished.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On 1 Dec 2004 17:57:08 -0800, taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote:

>Lemming wrote:
>
>> By the way, your .sig prefix is broken. It's only one space after the
>> two hyphens.
>
>Your computer doesn't recognize my second space. ;-)

No, your .sig is broken. Standards m'dear; standards. I would
explain why it's important, but I'd probably bore you to death. It
would be much simpler to just fix your .sig, don't you agree?

>Tara
>
>PS I'd be nice if you wouldn't quote the entire article in your replies.

This is space sim. You write it, we quote it.

Lemming
--

Lemming wrote:

> >Your computer doesn't recognize my second space. ;-)
>
> No, your .sig is broken. Standards m'dear; standards. I would
> explain why it's important, but I'd probably bore you to death. It
> would be much simpler to just fix your .sig, don't you agree?

Uh, it was a joke. Sheesh.

> >PS I'd be nice if you wouldn't quote the entire article in your replies.
>
> This is space sim. You write it, we quote it.

No excuse. It's better to quote just a few lines. Some people pay by
the byte for newsgroups. It also means one doesn't have a wade through
the entire quote to find a one or two sentence answer.

Tara

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote:
>Lemming wrote:
>
>> >Your computer doesn't recognize my second space. ;-)
>>
>> No, your .sig is broken. Standards m'dear; standards. I would
>> explain why it's important, but I'd probably bore you to death. It
>> would be much simpler to just fix your .sig, don't you agree?
>
>Uh, it was a joke. Sheesh.
>
>> >PS I'd be nice if you wouldn't quote the entire article in your replies.
>>
>> This is space sim. You write it, we quote it.
>
>No excuse. It's better to quote just a few lines. Some people pay by
>the byte for newsgroups. It also means one doesn't have a wade through
>the entire quote to find a one or two sentence answer.

Hey baby.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001

On 4 Dec 2004 19:24:42 -0800, taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote:

>Lemming wrote:
>
>> >Your computer doesn't recognize my second space. ;-)
>>
>> No, your .sig is broken. Standards m'dear; standards. I would
>> explain why it's important, but I'd probably bore you to death. It
>> would be much simpler to just fix your .sig, don't you agree?
>
>Uh, it was a joke. Sheesh.

It wasn't funny.

>> >PS I'd be nice if you wouldn't quote the entire article in your replies.
>>
>> This is space sim. You write it, we quote it.
>
>No excuse. It's better to quote just a few lines. Some people pay by
>the byte for newsgroups. It also means one doesn't have a wade through
>the entire quote to find a one or two sentence answer.

Somebody else explain this to Ms Tara, I can't be bothered.

Lemming
--

On 4 Dec 2004 19:18:20 -0800, taragem72@yahoo.com (Tara) wrote:

>Lemming wrote:
>
>> Harsh, but fair.
>
>Why?

Where to begin? Your post was banal to the point of crassness, almost
entirely content-free, took up many of those precious bytes you so
jealously guard for those poor people who pay by the byte, crossposted
to space-sim, action and alt.hacker(!?) Brain-dead by anyone's
standards. You'll fit in perfectly.

Aw, what the heck, we tolerate everyone here, even the intolerable.
Anyway, botto seems to like you. Mind you, he'll be asking you to
"flop them out" any minute, so I wouldn't be too flattered by that.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 01:23:04 +0000, Lemming
<thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Aw, what the heck, we tolerate everyone here, even the intolerable.
>Anyway, botto seems to like you. Mind you, he'll be asking you to
>"flop them out" any minute, so I wouldn't be too flattered by that.
>
>Lemming

Botto obviously didn't think the skellington would light Tara's
candle, he's a clever one that boy.

br d

"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 01:23:04 +0000, Lemming
> <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >Aw, what the heck, we tolerate everyone here, even the intolerable.
> >Anyway, botto seems to like you. Mind you, he'll be asking you to
> >"flop them out" any minute, so I wouldn't be too flattered by that.
> >
> >Lemming
>
> Botto obviously didn't think the skellington would light Tara's
> candle, he's a clever one that boy.

"Flop them out" sounds like the perfect pick up line that could never miss.
Too bad I never thought of that. :-(

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

"Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote:
>"br d" <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 01:23:04 +0000, Lemming
>> <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> >Aw, what the heck, we tolerate everyone here, even the intolerable.
>> >Anyway, botto seems to like you. Mind you, he'll be asking you to
>> >"flop them out" any minute, so I wouldn't be too flattered by that.
>> >
>> >Lemming
>>
>> Botto obviously didn't think the skellington would light Tara's
>> candle, he's a clever one that boy.
>
>"Flop them out" sounds like the perfect pick up line that could never miss.
>Too bad I never thought of that. :-(

It rly works.
--

\| |/ Zot