Space games need PROUD AMERICAN HEROES !!!!!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,scot.tld (More info?)

We need space games with mighty American heroes who shoot evil aliens
into tiny bits !

That's what people want !
41 answers Last reply
More about space games proud american heroes
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,scot.tld (More info?)

    Hell make us the proud american hero in the game. A faceless hero like the
    captain in Star trek bridge commander.

    "Bruno Beam" <zendo_joystick_ankh_hero@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
    > We need space games with mighty American heroes who shoot evil aliens
    > into tiny bits !
    >
    > That's what people want !
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim,scot.tld (More info?)

    "Bruno Beam" <zendo_joystick_ankh_hero@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
    > We need space games with mighty American heroes who shoot evil aliens
    > into tiny bits !
    >
    > That's what people want !

    Keep the colonial warmongering twats on planet. The last thing we need is
    people with the same mentality as that semi literate chimp bush poxing up
    the cosmos..

    Les (I thought it was just your leaders and a few redneck idiots... it's not
    all of you is it?)
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 12/30/2004 1:39:22 PM, Les & Claire
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> said:
    > "Bruno Beam" <zendo_joystick_ankh_hero@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
    >> We need space games with mighty American heroes who shoot evil aliens
    >> into tiny bits !
    >>
    >> That's what people want !
    >
    > Keep the colonial warmongering twats on planet. The last thing we need is
    > people with the same mentality as that semi literate chimp bush poxing up
    > the cosmos..
    >
    > Les (I thought it was just your leaders and a few redneck idiots... it's not
    > all of you is it?)

    Please stand by ... the Collective will respond momentarily ...

    Bret
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    So you are saying there are no Republicans in space?

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:38:30 -0800, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 12/30/2004 1:39:22 PM, Les & Claire
    ><les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> said:
    >> "Bruno Beam" <zendo_joystick_ankh_hero@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
    >>> We need space games with mighty American heroes who shoot evil aliens
    >>> into tiny bits !
    >>>
    >>> That's what people want !
    >>
    >> Keep the colonial warmongering twats on planet. The last thing we need is
    >> people with the same mentality as that semi literate chimp bush poxing up
    >> the cosmos..
    >>
    >> Les (I thought it was just your leaders and a few redneck idiots... it's not
    >> all of you is it?)
    >
    >Please stand by ... the Collective will respond momentarily ...
    >
    >Bret
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 12/30/2004 12:00:27 PM, Allan Parent
    <allanp@nospamforme123.charter.net> said:
    > So you are saying there are no Republicans in space?

    There are. And if it weren't for their lack of AI, they would be largely
    indistinguishable from the asteroids.

    Bret
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    > On or about 12/30/2004 1:39:22 PM, Les & Claire
    > <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> said:
    >> "Bruno Beam" <zendo_joystick_ankh_hero@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
    >>> We need space games with mighty American heroes who shoot evil aliens
    >>> into tiny bits !
    >>>
    >>> That's what people want !
    >>
    >> Keep the colonial warmongering twats on planet. The last thing we need
    >> is
    >> people with the same mentality as that semi literate chimp bush poxing up
    >> the cosmos..
    >>
    >> Les (I thought it was just your leaders and a few redneck idiots... it's
    >> not
    >> all of you is it?)
    >
    > Please stand by ... the Collective will respond momentarily ...
    >
    > Bret

    Yep! Standard replies would include, "Remember we bailed you out in
    WWII!" and "We don't care that no one likes us 'cos we gonna whup your sorry
    ass!"

    Bloody Colonials! saving the world by destroying it...

    Les
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 12/30/2004 8:12:46 PM, Les & Claire
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> said:
    > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    >> On or about 12/30/2004 1:39:22 PM, Les & Claire
    >> <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> said:
    >>> "Bruno Beam" <zendo_joystick_ankh_hero@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message

    >>> Keep the colonial warmongering twats on planet. The last thing we need
    >>> is
    >>> people with the same mentality as that semi literate chimp bush poxing up
    >>> the cosmos..
    >>>
    >>> Les (I thought it was just your leaders and a few redneck idiots... it's
    >>> not
    >>> all of you is it?)
    >>
    >> Please stand by ... the Collective will respond momentarily ...
    >>
    >> Bret
    >
    > Yep! Standard replies would include, "Remember we bailed you out in
    > WWII!"

    Why, are you Filipino?

    Anyway: "The trouble with the Yanks is they're overpaid, oversexed, and
    over here," while "the trouble with the Brits is they're underpaid,
    undersexed, and under Eisenhower."

    Besides, if anyone did any "bailing out" of anyone in European Theater
    WWII, it was the Russians.

    > and "We don't care that no one likes us 'cos we gonna whup your sorry
    > ass!"

    Psssst: your strawman is spouting non sequiturs.

    > Bloody Colonials! saving the world by destroying it...

    Well, when you put it that way it *does* sound a bit daft. Thank goodness
    you pointed out that fly in the ointment. For single-handedly rescuing the
    human race from destruction, I think I speak for everyone here when I offer
    you a hearty, all caps "THANK YOU".

    Oh, and don't go spending all that moral capital in one place, a-ight?

    Bret
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:12:46 -0000, "Les & Claire"
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> wrote:

    >"Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    >> On or about 12/30/2004 1:39:22 PM, Les & Claire
    >> <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> said:
    >>> "Bruno Beam" <zendo_joystick_ankh_hero@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message

    >>> Keep the colonial warmongering twats on planet. The last thing we need
    >>> is
    >>> people with the same mentality as that semi literate chimp bush poxing up
    >>> the cosmos..
    >>>
    >>> Les (I thought it was just your leaders and a few redneck idiots... it's
    >>> not
    >>> all of you is it?)
    >>
    >> Please stand by ... the Collective will respond momentarily ...
    >>
    >> Bret
    >
    > Yep! Standard replies would include, "Remember we bailed you out in
    >WWII!" and "We don't care that no one likes us 'cos we gonna whup your sorry
    >ass!"
    >
    > Bloody Colonials! saving the world by destroying it...
    >
    >Les

    The main point you seem to exclude is that through-out world history,
    most (if not all) of the major advances in civilization have been made
    by us "Bloody Colonials"! From the Greeks, China, Rome, The Brits,
    France, all the way through to present day America! Seems to me that
    war-mongering is in fact pretty beneficial to the over-all human
    condition, since most of these advances are a direct result of warfare
    and colonialism.

    Surely they have a library in your town? Hell, you even have the
    freakin' internet thanks to us "bloody colonials"! Perhaps some
    learning is in order on your part. I mean, this planet can only
    sustain so many people!

    I'm quite confident that when we start colonizing the outer reaches,
    us bloody colonials will advance even further (provided we don't
    exterminate ourselves before we get that far). But, everything has a
    price and everything worth having is worth dying for.

    I assume that you'd be happy still living in a mud hut, hunting
    rabbits and carrying water on your back! Move to Russia and STFU! =P

    LONG LIVE THE INFIDELS! =D
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Wait, are you saying God is a republican? I thought he was from
    Canada?

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:41:30 GMT, Shingen
    <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Also, if you want to see real cruelty and barbarism, apply your
    >worthless morality to the natural world. Spend a few week out in the
    >wild and you'll see true violence and death.
    >
    >God made violence and death, war and colonialism for a reason. He
    >isn't stupid. Get and life, pull your head out of your ass, and get a
    >clue!
    >
    >OK. I'm done for now.. I need another beer. =P
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> writes:

    > On or about 12/30/2004 12:00:27 PM, Allan Parent
    > <allanp@nospamforme123.charter.net> said:
    >> So you are saying there are no Republicans in space?
    >
    > There are. And if it weren't for their lack of AI, they would be largely
    > indistinguishable from the asteroids.

    Was that an "yer random frozen hunk of rock and ice is smarter than the
    average republican" gibe there?

    I do hope so
    :D

    --
    James jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

    "...Understanding is a three-edged sword." (Amb. Kosh, B5 "Deathwalker")
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 12/30/2004 1:23:11 PM, Kegs <james.keasley@gmail.invalid> said:
    > Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> writes:
    >
    >> On or about 12/30/2004 12:00:27 PM, Allan Parent
    >> <allanp@nospamforme123.charter.net> said:
    >>> So you are saying there are no Republicans in space?
    >>
    >> There are. And if it weren't for their lack of AI, they would be largely
    >> indistinguishable from the asteroids.
    >
    > Was that an "yer random frozen hunk of rock and ice is smarter than the
    > average republican" gibe there?

    I am torn between two responses:

    "I didn't mean it that way, but I can see how you could interpret it that
    way."

    And,

    "Did I stutter?"

    > I do hope so
    > :D

    OK, then, just for you: Did I stutter?

    Bret
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    >> Bloody Colonials! saving the world by destroying it...
    >>
    >>Les
    >>

    > The main point you seem to exclude is that through-out world history,
    > most (if not all) of the major advances in civilization have been made
    > by us "Bloody Colonials"! From the Greeks, China, Rome, The Brits,
    > France, all the way through to present day America! Seems to me that
    > war-mongering is in fact pretty beneficial to the over-all human
    > condition, since most of these advances are a direct result of warfare
    > and colonialism.
    >
    > Surely they have a library in your town? Hell, you even have the
    > freakin' internet thanks to us "bloody colonials"!

    I think you'll find that Tim Berners-Lee was a brit. He took it from a
    basically military net to the WWW.
    Also, I agree with "selection by diaspora". It has happened many times. The
    people with the get up and go generally do. But it's the current "New World
    Order" headed by your president and backed up with military force supplied
    by the US that is the most dangerous thing on the planet at the moment. If
    this way of thinking, the republican "world view" should be the one that is
    taken with us into the next frontier it would be a calamity.
    The US at the moment is a truly vile representation of humanity.
    Arrogance, stupidity, violence, intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are
    not the values I would wish humans to take with them when we finally leave
    the nursery. And to say you would die to uphold this mindset might just
    solve the problem. Darwinism working....

    Les

    Perhaps some
    > learning is in order on your part. I mean, this planet can only
    > sustain so many people!
    >
    > I'm quite confident that when we start colonizing the outer reaches,
    > us bloody colonials will advance even further (provided we don't
    > exterminate ourselves before we get that far). But, everything has a
    > price and everything worth having is worth dying for.
    >
    > I assume that you'd be happy still living in a mud hut, hunting
    > rabbits and carrying water on your back! Move to Russia and STFU! =P
    >
    > LONG LIVE THE INFIDELS! =D
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:32:46 -0000, "Les & Claire"
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> wrote:

    >>> Bloody Colonials! saving the world by destroying it...
    >>>
    >>>Les
    >>>

    >> The main point you seem to exclude is that through-out world history,
    >> most (if not all) of the major advances in civilization have been made
    >> by us "Bloody Colonials"! From the Greeks, China, Rome, The Brits,
    >> France, all the way through to present day America! Seems to me that
    >> war-mongering is in fact pretty beneficial to the over-all human
    >> condition, since most of these advances are a direct result of warfare
    >> and colonialism.
    >>
    >> Surely they have a library in your town? Hell, you even have the
    >> freakin' internet thanks to us "bloody colonials"!
    >
    >I think you'll find that Tim Berners-Lee was a brit. He took it from a
    >basically military net to the WWW.
    > Also, I agree with "selection by diaspora". It has happened many times. The
    >people with the get up and go generally do. But it's the current "New World
    >Order" headed by your president and backed up with military force supplied
    >by the US that is the most dangerous thing on the planet at the moment. If
    >this way of thinking, the republican "world view" should be the one that is
    >taken with us into the next frontier it would be a calamity.
    > The US at the moment is a truly vile representation of humanity.
    >Arrogance, stupidity, violence, intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are
    >not the values I would wish humans to take with them when we finally leave
    >the nursery. And to say you would die to uphold this mindset might just
    >solve the problem. Darwinism working....
    >
    >Les

    Thought I agree whith certain views you have.. overall, I think you
    are short-sighted ( no offense ). Nothing in this world ever happens
    in a decade or a century.

    America is and has been the best thing that ever happened to this
    world, based on the Christian Fundamental ideal, and secure in the
    fact the best way to rule is with a very large stick!
    > Perhaps some
    >> learning is in order on your part. I mean, this planet can only
    >> sustain so many people!
    >>
    >> I'm quite confident that when we start colonizing the outer reaches,
    >> us bloody colonials will advance even further (provided we don't
    >> exterminate ourselves before we get that far). But, everything has a
    >> price and everything worth having is worth dying for.
    >>
    >> I assume that you'd be happy still living in a mud hut, hunting
    >> rabbits and carrying water on your back! Move to Russia and STFU! =P
    >>
    >> LONG LIVE THE INFIDELS! =D

  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 12/30/2004 1:46:11 PM, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
    said:

    >>> The main point you seem to exclude is that through-out world history,
    >>> most (if not all) of the major advances in civilization have been made
    >>> by us "Bloody Colonials"! From the Greeks, China, Rome, The Brits,
    >>> France, all the way through to present day America! Seems to me that
    >>> war-mongering is in fact pretty beneficial to the over-all human
    >>> condition, since most of these advances are a direct result of warfare
    >>> and colonialism.
    >>>
    >>> Surely they have a library in your town? Hell, you even have the
    >>> freakin' internet thanks to us "bloody colonials"!
    >>
    >>I think you'll find that Tim Berners-Lee was a brit. He took it from a
    >>basically military net to the WWW.
    >> Also, I agree with "selection by diaspora". It has happened many times. The
    >>people with the get up and go generally do. But it's the current "New World
    >>Order" headed by your president and backed up with military force supplied
    >>by the US that is the most dangerous thing on the planet at the moment. If
    >>this way of thinking, the republican "world view" should be the one that is
    >>taken with us into the next frontier it would be a calamity.
    >> The US at the moment is a truly vile representation of humanity.
    >>Arrogance, stupidity, violence, intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are
    >>not the values I would wish humans to take with them when we finally leave
    >>the nursery. And to say you would die to uphold this mindset might just
    >>solve the problem. Darwinism working....
    >>
    >>Les
    >>
    > Thought I agree whith certain views you have.. overall, I think you
    > are short-sighted ( no offense ).

    If I may be allowed an observation, Shin: one more beer wasn't nearly
    enough.

    > Nothing in this world ever happens
    > in a decade or a century.
    >
    > America is and has been the best thing that ever happened to this
    > world, based on the Christian Fundamental ideal, and secure in the
    > fact the best way to rule is with a very large stick!

    I hope you won't take this badly, Shingen, but the more you talk the more I
    suspect I am a closet Canadian.

    >> Perhaps some
    >>> learning is in order on your part. I mean, this planet can only
    >>> sustain so many people!
    >>>
    >>> I'm quite confident that when we start colonizing the outer reaches,
    >>> us bloody colonials will advance even further (provided we don't
    >>> exterminate ourselves before we get that far). But, everything has a
    >>> price and everything worth having is worth dying for.
    >>>
    >>> I assume that you'd be happy still living in a mud hut, hunting
    >>> rabbits and carrying water on your back! Move to Russia and STFU! =P
    >>>
    >>> LONG LIVE THE INFIDELS! =D

    (Nothing to see here -- apparently we're middle-posting today).

    Bret
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:32:46 -0000, "Les & Claire"
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> wrote:

    >I think you'll find that Tim Berners-Lee was a brit. He took it from a
    >basically military net to the WWW.

    I'm sure you meant; "a basically AMERICAN military net to the WWW"

  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:00:05 -0600, Allan Parent
    <allanp@nospamforme123.charter.net> wrote:

    >Wait, are you saying God is a republican? I thought he was from
    >Canada?

    Actually, God is a realist. War and death are a natural fact of Life.

    Please stop top posting.. you are confusing my alcohol-induced
    mentality. =P
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

    > What part of history do you read?? "The US at the moment is a truly
    > vile representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    > intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    > wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."

    This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA. It
    appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge Bush's
    war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views that
    are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world. Heck
    many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:19:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >"Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> What part of history do you read?? "The US at the moment is a truly
    >> vile representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    >> intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    >> wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    >
    >This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA. It
    >appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge Bush's
    >war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    >personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    >intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views that
    >are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world. Heck
    >many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    >finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.

    What I really find disconcerting is that we are a superpower with all
    of the high tech gadgetry, well-trained troops and equipment but we
    totally dropped the ball on the WMD's in Iraq along with its post-war
    administration. WMD's were the pretense for invading Iraq after all.
    Once we defeated the Iraqi forces we find no WMD's. We also did not
    foresee potential for civil war and the escalation of insurgent
    activity. We also underestimated the number of troops needed to keep
    civil order and now we are forced to send reservists(part-time
    solders) to Iraq. To further compound the problem, we force these
    reservist to stay on active duty for longer and longer periods of time
    thus causing financial hardship on their families. Yes, the law says
    they cannot lose their jobs while on active duty but they do not get
    paid by their former companies either. It is just scary to think our
    government planned so poorly for a post-war Iraq. It seems we would
    have been better served by using these assets against bin-laden in
    Afghanistan.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 12/31/2004 8:43:06 AM, Allan Parent
    <allanp@nospamforme123.charter.net> said:
    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:19:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> What part of history do you read?? "The US at the moment is a truly
    >>> vile representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    >>> intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    >>> wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    >>
    >>This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA. It
    >>appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge Bush's
    >>war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    >>personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    >>intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views that
    >>are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world. Heck
    >>many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    >>finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.
    >>

    > What I really find disconcerting is that we are a superpower with all
    > of the high tech gadgetry, well-trained troops and equipment but we
    > totally dropped the ball on the WMD's in Iraq along with its post-war
    > administration. WMD's were the pretense for invading Iraq after all.
    > Once we defeated the Iraqi forces we find no WMD's. We also did not
    > foresee potential for civil war and the escalation of insurgent
    > activity. We also underestimated the number of troops needed to keep
    > civil order and now we are forced to send reservists(part-time
    > solders) to Iraq. To further compound the problem, we force these
    > reservist to stay on active duty for longer and longer periods of time
    > thus causing financial hardship on their families. Yes, the law says
    > they cannot lose their jobs while on active duty but they do not get
    > paid by their former companies either. It is just scary to think our
    > government planned so poorly for a post-war Iraq. It seems we would
    > have been better served by using these assets against bin-laden in
    > Afghanistan.

    Careful, Allan. You're status as token stereotypical Texan is in danger.

    I mean, you're completely correct, of course. But the simple fact is that
    you can't be both correct and Texan.

    Bret
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message

    > "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> What part of history do you read?? "The US at the moment is a truly
    >> vile representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    >> intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    >> wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    >
    > This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA.
    > It
    > appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge Bush's
    > war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    > personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    > intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views
    > that
    > are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world. Heck
    > many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    > finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.

    Well said Bill. I think the telling thing is the comments Americans make
    on leaving their country and are away from the fox news, cnn and all those
    other state controlled news outputs. They are truly shocked at the real
    feelings of the rest of the planet. Americans are fed a line that is far
    removed from reality.

    Les
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 12/31/2004 4:15:38 PM, Les & Claire
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> said:
    > "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> What part of history do you read?? "The US at the moment is a truly
    >>> vile representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    >>> intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    >>> wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    >>
    >> This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA.
    >> It
    >> appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge Bush's
    >> war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    >> personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    >> intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views
    >> that
    >> are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world. Heck
    >> many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    >> finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.
    >>

    > Well said Bill. I think the telling thing is the comments Americans make
    > on leaving their country and are away from the fox news, cnn and all those
    > other state controlled news outputs.

    CNN and Fox News are not state-controlled. Rather, they are "controlled"
    by the same financial interests that exert a considerable amount of
    influence on current US policy.

    > They are truly shocked at the real
    > feelings of the rest of the planet. Americans are fed a line that is far
    > removed from reality.

    Look, Les, I think most Americans realize that certain policies aren't very
    popular. As an American that frequently travels outside the US, I know I
    am keenly aware of this sentiment.

    Please keep in mind that the US just went through a very close and divisive
    election. Almost half of the voting public opted for a change of
    administration. With this in mind, don't you think it is just a tad silly
    to make sweeping, general statements in caricature of American public
    opinion?

    Bret
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:11:45 -0800, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On or about 12/31/2004 8:43:06 AM, Allan Parent
    ><allanp@nospamforme123.charter.net> said:
    >> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:19:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >Careful, Allan. You're status as token stereotypical Texan is in danger.
    >
    >I mean, you're completely correct, of course. But the simple fact is that
    >you can't be both correct and Texan.
    >
    >Bret

    Oops. Sorry. I must keep up appearances......damn eurofag, pansy
    girlie men. There, is that better?
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:31:28 -0600, Allan Parent wrote:

    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:11:45 -0800, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On or about 12/31/2004 8:43:06 AM, Allan Parent
    >><allanp@nospamforme123.charter.net> said:
    >>> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:19:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>

    >>Careful, Allan. You're status as token stereotypical Texan is in danger.
    >>
    >>I mean, you're completely correct, of course. But the simple fact is that
    >>you can't be both correct and Texan.
    >>
    >>Bret
    >
    > Oops. Sorry. I must keep up appearances......damn eurofag, pansy
    > girlie men. There, is that better?

    You forgot "surrender-monkey". But yes, that's better.

    Bret
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    The only reason you went into Iraq was bushes personal revenge and oil. All
    the problems in Iraq are of your own making. If you'd left it at Afghanistan
    and Bin Laden then you would have held the worlds respect.
    Now you just look foolish.

    Les

    "Allan Parent" <allanp@nospamforme123.charter.net> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:19:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> What part of history do you read?? "The US at the moment is a truly
    >>> vile representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    >>> intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    >>> wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    >>
    >>This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA.
    >>It
    >>appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge Bush's
    >>war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    >>personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    >>intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views
    >>that
    >>are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world. Heck
    >>many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    >>finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.
    >>

    > What I really find disconcerting is that we are a superpower with all
    > of the high tech gadgetry, well-trained troops and equipment but we
    > totally dropped the ball on the WMD's in Iraq along with its post-war
    > administration. WMD's were the pretense for invading Iraq after all.
    > Once we defeated the Iraqi forces we find no WMD's. We also did not
    > foresee potential for civil war and the escalation of insurgent
    > activity. We also underestimated the number of troops needed to keep
    > civil order and now we are forced to send reservists(part-time
    > solders) to Iraq. To further compound the problem, we force these
    > reservist to stay on active duty for longer and longer periods of time
    > thus causing financial hardship on their families. Yes, the law says
    > they cannot lose their jobs while on active duty but they do not get
    > paid by their former companies either. It is just scary to think our
    > government planned so poorly for a post-war Iraq. It seems we would
    > have been better served by using these assets against bin-laden in
    > Afghanistan.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:53:39 -0000, "Les & Claire"
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> wrote:

    >The only reason you went into Iraq was bushes personal revenge and oil. All
    >the problems in Iraq are of your own making. If you'd left it at Afghanistan
    >and Bin Laden then you would have held the worlds respect.
    > Now you just look foolish.
    >
    >Les

    You do realize almost half of the voters in the last election did not
    vote for Bush? So quit making generalizations.

    Allan
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:59:01 -0600, Allan Parent wrote:

    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:53:39 -0000, "Les & Claire"
    > <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> wrote:
    >

    >>The only reason you went into Iraq was bushes personal revenge and oil. All
    >>the problems in Iraq are of your own making. If you'd left it at Afghanistan
    >>and Bin Laden then you would have held the worlds respect.
    >> Now you just look foolish.
    >>
    >>Les
    >>

    > You do realize almost half of the voters in the last election did not
    > vote for Bush? So quit making generalizations.

    Good luck with that, Allan .... when I pointed this out to Lis, he
    responded by telling me to take an Atlas to the mall. It is just this sort
    of inscrutability that makes him almost interesting.

    Bret
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Kerry wouldn't have changed anything. Do you think the senate would let
    him sign Kyoto? He'd have been more literate, slower and tried to enmesh
    Europe further into your troubles. But Chirac et al would still have told
    him to sort out his own mess.
    The forces that control your country have their own agenda and a simple
    change of one "talking head" wouldn't have made a difference. As long as
    the us gets petrol at wildly subsidised prices, can drive suv's and
    overconsume to their hearts content then the rest of the planet can go hang.
    Try this, ask the first ten people you meet next time your at the mall
    ( I was going to say "walk to the shops" but realised you chaps don't walk
    anywhere) to point to these places in an atlas;
    Iraq,
    Vietnam,
    Afghanistan,
    France.

    and get back to me with the results.

    Les

    > On or about 12/31/2004 4:15:38 PM, Les & Claire
    > <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> said:
    >> "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

    >>> This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA.
    >>> It
    >>> appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge
    >>> Bush's
    >>> war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    >>> personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    >>> intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views
    >>> that
    >>> are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world.
    >>> Heck
    >>> many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    >>> finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.
    >>>

    >> Well said Bill. I think the telling thing is the comments Americans
    >> make
    >> on leaving their country and are away from the fox news, cnn and all
    >> those
    >> other state controlled news outputs.
    >
    > CNN and Fox News are not state-controlled. Rather, they are "controlled"
    > by the same financial interests that exert a considerable amount of
    > influence on current US policy.
    >
    >> They are truly shocked at the real
    >> feelings of the rest of the planet. Americans are fed a line that is far
    >> removed from reality.
    >
    > Look, Les, I think most Americans realize that certain policies aren't
    > very
    > popular. As an American that frequently travels outside the US, I know I
    > am keenly aware of this sentiment.
    >
    > Please keep in mind that the US just went through a very close and
    > divisive
    > election. Almost half of the voting public opted for a change of
    > administration. With this in mind, don't you think it is just a tad silly
    > to make sweeping, general statements in caricature of American public
    > opinion?
    >
    > Bret
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 12/31/2004 6:51:02 PM, Les & Claire
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> said:
    > Kerry wouldn't have changed anything.

    Not in Iraq, no. But he would be less likely to get us embroiled in
    similar situations elsewhere.

    > Do you think the senate would let
    > him sign Kyoto?

    Right now, no. In two years, who knows? He would have been much more
    likely to push for it. GWB certainly won't.

    > He'd have been more literate, slower and tried to enmesh
    > Europe further into your troubles. But Chirac et al would still have told
    > him to sort out his own mess.

    Okay, I'll let you have your cake for the moment: this simply equates to
    the US avoiding unilateral military intervention. How can you possibly
    bitch about that?

    > The forces that control your country have their own agenda and a simple
    > change of one "talking head" wouldn't have made a difference.

    It makes a difference when that "talking head" is the one setting the
    agenda for foreign policy. Do you really imagine there was no difference
    in US policy between the Clinton and Bush administrations? Carter and
    Reagan?

    > As long as
    > the us gets petrol at wildly subsidised prices, can drive suv's and
    > overconsume to their hearts content then the rest of the planet can go hang.

    You're doing it again. Caricaturizing, I mean.

    Look, I know you're just trolling, but have you noticed that really good
    trolls manage to do it without looking like complete asses?

    I don't object to trolling. It's a cut-rate troll that gets my goat.

    > Try this, ask the first ten people you meet next time your at the mall
    > ( I was going to say "walk to the shops" but realised you chaps don't walk
    > anywhere)

    Right -- I'll just hop in my petrol-guzzling turbo-charged hovercraft (with
    nukular afterburners) and be right back.

    > to point to these places in an atlas;
    > Iraq,
    > Vietnam,
    > Afghanistan,
    > France.

    Okay, I'm back. (I managed to wipe-out an old-growth forest along the way,
    so the trip was well worth it).

    Now what?

    Bret
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:51:02 -0000, "Les & Claire"
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> wrote:

    > Kerry wouldn't have changed anything. Do you think the senate would let
    >him sign Kyoto?

    Actually, Kyoto would have very little impact on global warming.
    Something like .15 C at the most over 25 years.

    > The forces that control your country have their own agenda and a simple
    >change of one "talking head" wouldn't have made a difference. As long as
    >the us gets petrol at wildly subsidised prices, can drive suv's and
    >overconsume to their hearts content then the rest of the planet can go hang.

    Actually, petrol is not subsidized in the US. It is just that most
    European countries add tax to the price in order to fund social
    programs among other things. We tax it too but at a lower rate with
    the money going to roads at least here in Texas. I think other states
    add on tax for public transportation etc.

    > Try this, ask the first ten people you meet next time your at the mall
    >( I was going to say "walk to the shops" but realised you chaps don't walk
    >anywhere)

    What cracks me up is that Europeans have no since of scale when it
    comes to US cities. Your cities are hundreds if not thousands of years
    old. Everything is relatively close. The only cities that are set up
    like that in the US are the older cities on the east coast. Let me
    give you an example of how spread out Houston is. I can leave my house
    and drive 60 miles per hour on the freeway for 45 minutes and still
    not leave Houston. The fact is most of our cities grew and developed
    with the coming of the common automobile. I hope this helps you
    understand.
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:59:01 -0600, Allan Parent wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:53:39 -0000, "Les & Claire"
    >> <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>The only reason you went into Iraq was bushes personal revenge and oil.
    >>>All
    >>>the problems in Iraq are of your own making. If you'd left it at
    >>>Afghanistan
    >>>and Bin Laden then you would have held the worlds respect.
    >>> Now you just look foolish.
    >>>
    >>>Les
    >>>

    >> You do realize almost half of the voters in the last election did not
    >> vote for Bush? So quit making generalizations.
    >
    > Good luck with that, Allan .... when I pointed this out to Lis, he
    > responded by telling me to take an Atlas to the mall. It is just this
    > sort
    > of inscrutability that makes him almost interesting.
    >
    > Bret

    I used the atlas comment to make the point that the majority of US
    citizens have no idea whatsoever of the geography world outside their own
    borders. And know less about other countries ways and traditions.
    Isolationism may have been ended politically in WWII but not in the US
    psyche. As a country you seem convinced that the market economy as practiced
    in the US would be welcomed worldwide if only all those "evildoing tyrants"
    would let them.
    Try out the atlas questions, you may be surprised at the result.

    Les
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:16:15 -0000, Les & Claire wrote:

    > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:59:01 -0600, Allan Parent wrote:

    >>> You do realize almost half of the voters in the last election did not
    >>> vote for Bush? So quit making generalizations.
    >>
    >> Good luck with that, Allan .... when I pointed this out to Lis, he
    >> responded by telling me to take an Atlas to the mall. It is just this
    >> sort
    >> of inscrutability that makes him almost interesting.
    >>
    >> Bret
    >
    > I used the atlas comment to make the point that the majority of US
    > citizens have no idea whatsoever of the geography world outside their own
    > borders.

    No idea whatsoever? It's remarkable that we actually find places outside
    the US to take our holidays.

    > And know less about other countries ways and traditions.

    Less than "no idea whatsoever"? My goodness.

    > Isolationism may have been ended politically in WWII but not in the US
    > psyche. As a country you seem convinced that the market economy as practiced
    > in the US would be welcomed worldwide if only all those "evildoing tyrants"
    > would let them.

    "As a country" we are deeply divided over this and many other issues.
    You're not really paying attention, are you?

    OTOH, I'm sure it's much simpler to simply embrace stereotypes. No nasty
    nuances or headaches of critical analysis to muck things up.

    > Try out the atlas questions, you may be surprised at the result.

    I did, though I didn't actually go to a mall. All 10 easily identified the
    countries correctly. It would have been a bit more difficult if the Atlas
    didn't have all the countries labelled, but there it is. Or perhaps you
    intended that I purposely target illiterates?

    Bret
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Les & Claire" <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> wrote in message

    > I used the atlas comment to make the point that the majority of US
    > citizens have no idea whatsoever of the geography world outside their own
    > borders. And know less about other countries ways and traditions.
    > Isolationism may have been ended politically in WWII but not in the US
    > psyche. As a country you seem convinced that the market economy as
    practiced
    > in the US would be welcomed worldwide if only all those "evildoing
    tyrants"
    > would let them.
    > Try out the atlas questions, you may be surprised at the result.

    If the point is that a significant number of Americans are rather arrogant
    and self centered about the USA then I'd have to unfortunately agree with
    you. Personally the ones that bother me the most are the religious fanatical
    right that think that God is as patriotic about the USA as they are. (Like
    Bush seems to be.) On the other hand, there's a very significant number of
    Americans that are not like that though.
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > Well, pay no attention to Bill: he's a complete bastard, of course.

    This is a most excellent example as to why I find your charm so
    irresistable. (Not to mention how wise and astute you are, oops, I guess I
    just mention it.) I'd give you a big slobberly kiss right now but I'll just
    have to owe you until the next time you visit San Diego.
  34. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 02:54:32 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:

    > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> Well, pay no attention to Bill: he's a complete bastard, of course.
    >
    > This is a most excellent example as to why I find your charm so
    > irresistable.

    Please stop it, Bill. You're making me blush.

    > (Not to mention how wise and astute you are, oops, I guess I
    > just mention it.)

    I'll try to find it in my heart to forgive you.

    > I'd give you a big slobberly kiss right now but I'll just
    > have to owe you until the next time you visit San Diego.

    Cool! I'll start hitchhiking now. Oh, and just so you'll recognize me,
    I'll be wearing a kilt, a red beret and a purple sash with words "Hello
    Sailor" embroidered on it. In three languages.

    Bret
  35. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    wrote:

    >"Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> What part of history do you read?? "The US at the moment is a truly
    >> vile representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    >> intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    >> wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    >
    >This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA. It
    >appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge Bush's
    >war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    >personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    >intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views that
    >are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world. Heck
    >many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    >finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.

    I actually don't care the reason WHY Bush invaded Iraq. WMDs were
    suspect (even if they weren't found in MASS quantity), Saddam was
    thumbing his nose at the imposed "sanctions" (something like 14
    resolutions over 12 years), murdering and torturing his own people,
    AND supporting people who strap bombs onto themselves in order to kill
    civilians!

    Now let me get this straight?? "The US at the moment is a truly vile
    representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."

    Why isn't anyone screaming about the truly vile representation of
    humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence, and intolerance of the
    Muslem Fundamentalists??

    They started it, and they'll find out the same as Germany and Japan;
    America is a sleeping Dragon which is best left asleep!
  36. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:15:38 -0000, "Les & Claire"
    <les.clairefrontal@lobesvirgin.net> wrote:

    >"Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> What part of history do you read?? "The US at the moment is a truly
    >>> vile representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    >>> intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    >>> wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    >>
    >> This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA.
    >> It
    >> appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge Bush's
    >> war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    >> personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    >> intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views
    >> that
    >> are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world. Heck
    >> many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    >> finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.
    >>

    > Well said Bill. I think the telling thing is the comments Americans make
    >on leaving their country and are away from the fox news, cnn and all those
    >other state controlled news outputs. They are truly shocked at the real
    >feelings of the rest of the planet. Americans are fed a line that is far
    >removed from reality.
    >
    >Les

    How old are you? You are either truly naive about the real world,
    uneducated beyond belief, or a complete idiot.

    EVERY country in the world is fed a line that is far removed from
    REALITY!! You think because you read something on the internet that
    you have actual facts as to what's really going on?!

    Disinformation to the masses is the RULE, and has been for untold
    centuries!

    I would continue this conversation, but I'm losing all interest! You
    are alot like talking with Mr. Smart himself. =P
  37. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 06:59:50 GMT, Shingen
    <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >That being said, I think you all are really short-sided.

    *sigh*

    short-sighted

    (sorry, my bad... not enough alcohol yet)
  38. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > You are alot like talking with Mr. Smart himself. =P

    Thanks for getting Space-sim back on topic, Shin.
  39. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:28:27 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:

    > "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> You are alot like talking with Mr. Smart himself. =P
    >
    > Thanks for getting Space-sim back on topic, Shin.

    Good call, Bill. Next round's on me, Shin.

    Bret
  40. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:19:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> What part of history do you read?? "The US at the moment is a truly
    > >> vile representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    > >> intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    > >> wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    > >
    > >This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA.
    It
    > >appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge
    Bush's
    > >war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    > >personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    > >intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views
    that
    > >are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world.
    Heck
    > >many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    > >finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.
    > >

    > I actually don't care the reason WHY Bush invaded Iraq. WMDs were
    > suspect (even if they weren't found in MASS quantity), Saddam was
    > thumbing his nose at the imposed "sanctions" (something like 14
    > resolutions over 12 years), murdering and torturing his own people,
    > AND supporting people who strap bombs onto themselves in order to kill
    > civilians!
    >
    > Now let me get this straight?? "The US at the moment is a truly vile
    > representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    > intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    > wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    >
    > Why isn't anyone screaming about the truly vile representation of
    > humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence, and intolerance of the
    > Muslem Fundamentalists??
    >
    > They started it, and they'll find out the same as Germany and Japan;
    > America is a sleeping Dragon which is best left asleep!

    Two wrongs don't make a right!

    Les
  41. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:05:11 -0000, Tina wrote:

    > "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:19:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

    >>>This is unfortunately a reasonable and widely held view outside the USA.
    > It
    >>>appears to only be getting worse. This is a direct result of Geroge
    > Bush's
    >>>war mongering. His arrogance at believing that it is his right to pursue
    >>>personal vengence around the world. Note that stupidity, violence,
    >>>intolerance, and Christian Fundamentalism also fit well with the views
    > that
    >>>are widespread and associated with Bush and the USA around the world.
    > Heck
    >>>many within the USA have adopted that view themselves. Like myself after
    >>>finding out the truth as to why Bush invaded Iraq.
    >>>

    >> I actually don't care the reason WHY Bush invaded Iraq. WMDs were
    >> suspect (even if they weren't found in MASS quantity), Saddam was
    >> thumbing his nose at the imposed "sanctions" (something like 14
    >> resolutions over 12 years), murdering and torturing his own people,
    >> AND supporting people who strap bombs onto themselves in order to kill
    >> civilians!
    >>
    >> Now let me get this straight?? "The US at the moment is a truly vile
    >> representation of humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence,
    >> intolerance and Christian Fundamentalism are not the values I would
    >> wish humans to take with them when we finally leave the nursery."
    >>
    >> Why isn't anyone screaming about the truly vile representation of
    >> humanity. Arrogance, stupidity, violence, and intolerance of the
    >> Muslem Fundamentalists??
    >>
    >> They started it, and they'll find out the same as Germany and Japan;
    >> America is a sleeping Dragon which is best left asleep!
    >
    > Two wrongs don't make a right!

    You're right, of course, but please see the c.s.i.p.g.s-s FAQ, Section 7:
    Penalties for Invoking Tired Platitudes (Duly Amended to Include Other
    Substitutes for Displaying Actual Thought Processes, Such As Public Nudity
    and Posting on C.S.I.P.G.Flight-Sim).

    Bret

PC gaming American Games IBM Video Games Product