X: BTF on modern system??

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

I've installed the original X on an athlon 64 3200 system with 1G ram
and a 6800GT. It's got the latest drivers (66.94) for the vid card,
and is running directX 8.1.

The problem is, when I try to switch to ANYTHING but the default
resolution, the game grinds to a halt and then just hangs. I don't
mind old-school, but I don't wanna play this at 640x480x16 :)

Anybody know how to fix this??
2 answers Last reply
More about modern system
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "smirj" <.@.> wrote in message
    > I've installed the original X on an athlon 64 3200 system with 1G ram
    > and a 6800GT. It's got the latest drivers (66.94) for the vid card,
    > and is running directX 8.1.
    >
    > The problem is, when I try to switch to ANYTHING but the default
    > resolution, the game grinds to a halt and then just hangs. I don't
    > mind old-school, but I don't wanna play this at 640x480x16 :)
    >
    > Anybody know how to fix this??

    Not sure if it will help, but try a Glide Wrapper?

    Dan
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    I recently saw a similar post on the egosoft forums requesting help.
    You probably already know about their forums but I'll throw in the web
    address just in case.

    http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71410&highlight=xbtf+change+resolution

    Here's the post -

    "When the XBTF first screen comes up, deselect the 'Use settings' box.
    Always use the DX6 startup button (this works with all versions of
    direct X since DX6). Your machine will initially be in 640 x 480.
    Change screen resolution in Options, then hopefully your machine should
    be OK."

    Hope it helps,
    -The Spankstinator

PC gaming Games Video Games