X: BTF on modern system??

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

I've installed the original X on an athlon 64 3200 system with 1G ram
and a 6800GT. It's got the latest drivers (66.94) for the vid card,
and is running directX 8.1.

The problem is, when I try to switch to ANYTHING but the default
resolution, the game grinds to a halt and then just hangs. I don't
mind old-school, but I don't wanna play this at 640x480x16 :)

Anybody know how to fix this??

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"smirj" <.@.> wrote in message
> I've installed the original X on an athlon 64 3200 system with 1G ram
> and a 6800GT. It's got the latest drivers (66.94) for the vid card,
> and is running directX 8.1.
>
> The problem is, when I try to switch to ANYTHING but the default
> resolution, the game grinds to a halt and then just hangs. I don't
> mind old-school, but I don't wanna play this at 640x480x16 :)
>
> Anybody know how to fix this??

Not sure if it will help, but try a Glide Wrapper?

Dan

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

I recently saw a similar post on the egosoft forums requesting help.
You probably already know about their forums but I'll throw in the web
address just in case.

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71410&highlight=xbtf+change+resolution

Here's the post -

"When the XBTF first screen comes up, deselect the 'Use settings' box.
Always use the DX6 startup button (this works with all versions of
direct X since DX6). Your machine will initially be in 640 x 480.
Change screen resolution in Options, then hopefully your machine should
be OK."

Hope it helps,
-The Spankstinator