Anyone with Saitek X52 experiences to share?

Last response: in Video Games
January 4, 2005 12:13:27 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Hi,

I'm thinking about replacing my outdated joystick. I was wondering if
there are any space-sim fans who have any experience with the X52?

I like I-War2 and X2 today. Privateer was my first Space-Sim.
Thanks,
-The Spankstinator
January 6, 2005 2:08:06 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Try the saitek forums http://www.saitekforum.com/

I haven't used the X52 but I've had the cyborg 3d stick for a few
years now.. I like it a lot despite it suffering from left drift
problems on the twist axis.

I recently bought the saitek 3d force stick after I ditched a
logitech force 3d mainly because the twist lock didnt work and I
didn't like the button layout. The Saitek force stick is nicer to use,
better placed buttons, better looking, more the sort of thing I enjoy
but unfortunately the one I have is either faulty or the saitek
drivers are.. so back it goes :( .. What's happening is the stick
"auto-calibrates" - which seems to be the new great thing, but
unfortunately the stick consistently registers "left" as centred, and
I found that I needed to always pull right (in-game) in order to
"show" the auto-calibration software that left was, actually, left.

Saitek make very ambitious peripherals of reasonable quality, and
their designs are really nice to use, but their software support is
shoddy and it would seem many people have gone through a few RMAs.

>Hi,
>
>I'm thinking about replacing my outdated joystick. I was wondering if
>there are any space-sim fans who have any experience with the X52?
>
>I like I-War2 and X2 today. Privateer was my first Space-Sim.
>Thanks,
>-The Spankstinator
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 2:47:22 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Thanks for the link. I didn't even think to check whether Saitek
maintained forums. D'oh!

-The Spankstinator
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 10:36:34 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Saiteks are the best.

!