CSR's stymied by SprintPCS computer security.

Last response: in Network Providers
a b 8 Security
June 8, 2004 11:17:53 PM

So my Sanyo RL5400 is wierding out and I'm told to call an 877 number
for Tech Support.

I call the number and the CSR goes to a webpage @ pinpoint.com for
"Known Sanyo Issues",
and tells me:

"I can't get to the web page now, must be our new Firewall".
June 8, 2004 11:17:54 PM

(Røbert M.)
> So my Sanyo RL5400 is wierding out and I'm
> told to call an 877 number for Tech Support.

What kinds of problems are you having with it?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 9, 2004 12:35:29 AM

In article <24134-40C61719-507@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net>,
caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

> (Røbert M.)
> > So my Sanyo RL5400 is wierding out and I'm
> > told to call an 877 number for Tech Support.
>
> What kinds of problems are you having with it?

Dropped Calls.

Party at other end saying "You're breaking up"

Network Busy Messages.

I would swear its a bad local tower, except, I get 4 bars signal, and my
wife's Identical phone has no such issues.
Related resources
June 9, 2004 12:35:30 AM

(Røbert M.) wrote:
> Dropped Calls.
> Party at other end saying "You're breaking
> up"
> Network Busy Messages.
> I would swear its a bad local tower, except, I
> get 4 bars signal, and my wife's Identical
> phone has no such issues.

Yeah it does sound like on the surface it should be a tower problem.
Have you tried dialing *18? I don't even know if that works anymore.
Did you and your wife get the phones at the same time? The network busy
messages is very puzzling.

Good luck trying to call CS. Let us know how they helped, if they do at
all. ;)

Eric
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 9, 2004 12:35:31 AM

Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:

>> I would swear its a bad local tower, except, I
>> get 4 bars signal, and my wife's Identical
>> phone has no such issues.
>
> Yeah it does sound like on the surface it should be a tower problem.
> Have you tried dialing *18? I don't even know if that works anymore.

*18 DOES NOT WORK ON SPRINT PCS'S SYSTEM. IT IS MORE LIKELY TO CAUSE
PROBLEMS THAN NOT. (You obviously haven't been reading the recent threads)

June 9, 2004 12:35:32 AM

(Steven J Sobol) wrote:
> *18 DOES NOT WORK ON SPRINT PCS'S
> SYSTEM. IT IS MORE LIKELY TO CAUSE
> PROBLEMS THAN NOT. (You obviously
> haven't been reading the recent threads)

Wow, no need for the shouting. I didn't know if it still worked or not,
that's is why I stated that in my post. And no, I don't read all the
threads in this newsgroup... just the ones that interest me.

Eric
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 9, 2004 2:27:21 AM

Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:

> Wow, no need for the shouting. I didn't know if it still worked or not,
> that's is why I stated that in my post. And no, I don't read all the
> threads in this newsgroup... just the ones that interest me.

OK... well, it was made very clear that *18 may *cause* problems if you
use it.

Sorry about the shouting.

a b 8 Security
June 9, 2004 11:14:41 AM

> In article <24134-40C61719-507@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net>,
> caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:
>
> > (Røbert M.)
> > > So my Sanyo RL5400 is wierding out and I'm
> > > told to call an 877 number for Tech Support.
> >
> > What kinds of problems are you having with it?

And now my wife's Sanyo 5400 is acting strange. The only way to turn it
off is to remove the battery. The only way to turn it on is to plug it
in to AC power.

I'm starting to believe these Sanyo cell phones made in China are
Biodegradable. I note with interest that our former Sanyo 4700 was made
in Malaysia.
!