Sprint Reps make me laugh

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 9, 2004 7:08:43 PM

In a Sprint store today, and asked if he knew anything about the Treo
600, and he tells me that it was already out and has been discontinued.
I asked if I could see one, and he said his store has been sold out of
them for quite some time.

Eric

More about : sprint reps make laugh

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 1:56:10 AM

In article <25424-40C76E4B-33@storefull-3238.bay.webtv.net>,
caperenewal@webtv.net says...
> In a Sprint store today, and asked if he knew anything about the Treo
> 600, and he tells me that it was already out and has been discontinued.
> I asked if I could see one, and he said his store has been sold out of
> them for quite some time.
>
> Eric

Excuse me? Discontinued?

Geez, that's embarrassing.

--
RØß
O/Siris

(O/Siris) wrote:
> Excuse me? Discontinued?
> Geez, that's embarrassing.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't mind if reps have no idea what I
am talking about, but at least have the decentcy to say "I do not know"
or "I have no information on that at this time" rather than tell me an
outright lie, or make something up off the top of your head.

Eric
June 10, 2004 1:56:12 AM

Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:
> (O/Siris) wrote:
>> Excuse me? Discontinued?
>> Geez, that's embarrassing.
>
> Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't mind if reps have no idea what I
> am talking about, but at least have the decentcy to say "I do not know"
> or "I have no information on that at this time" rather than tell me an
> outright lie, or make something up off the top of your head.

My favorite Stupid Cellular Sales Rep story:

Shortly before the merger that created Verizon Wireless, I purchased a
second phone for a friend to use for business purposes on my account. I
was with GTE Mobilnet at the time. Keep in mind that VZW was created primarily
by a merger of AirTouch Cellular, GTE Mobilnet and Bell Atlantic Mobile.
(Actually, GTE and Bell Atlantic merged to form Verizon, and Verizon inked
a joint venture agreement with Britain's Vodafone plc, which by that time
owned AirTouch.)

Well, Cleveland had GTE. Cleveland *also* had AirTouch; the company that used
to be the area's CellularONE licensee flipped to AirTouch when AirTouch went
nationwide. So, due to anti-trust regulations, one had to be sold to someone
else.

By the time I activated the additional line, it had already been arranged
that Verizon was to sell the former GTE Mobilnet Cleveland network to Alltel.

The guy who activated the phone talked a mile a minute. I don't know whether
it was (a) an attempt to impress us, (b) an attempt to confuse us, (c) done
because he wanted to get the sale over with, or (d) an attempt to hide the
fact that he knew nothing. :)

It didn't matter because the guy paying the bill (me) was already aware of
how things worked - but boy, was it ever pathetic to watch this moron work.

So then I asked him how he felt about becoming an employee of Alltel. He
insisted that there would be no merger.

Einstein *continued* to insist there would be no merger after I pointed out
that GTE's website AND Bell Atlantic's website *AND* AirTouch's website all
talked about the merger and said that GTE's Cleveland network was to be
sold to Alltel. Of course, a couple months later, the GTE store was
rebranded as an Alltel store.

What a complete and utter *loser*...

June 10, 2004 2:11:04 AM

caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

> In a Sprint store today, and asked if he knew anything about the Treo
> 600, and he tells me that it was already out and has been discontinued.
> I asked if I could see one, and he said his store has been sold out of
> them for quite some time.
>
> Eric

Lies and the lying liars that tell them.
June 10, 2004 4:13:21 AM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote in message
> In article <25424-40C76E4B-33@storefull-3238.bay.webtv.net>,
> caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:
>
> > In a Sprint store today, and asked if he knew anything about the Treo
> > 600, and he tells me that it was already out and has been discontinued.
> > I asked if I could see one, and he said his store has been sold out of
> > them for quite some time.
> >
> > Eric
>
> Lies and the lying liars that tell them.

A book written by the biggest of them all!
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 5:42:46 AM

In article <BINxc.6822$Fd.5319@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>,
"Kent" <kwinrich@wi.rr.com> wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote in message
> > In article <25424-40C76E4B-33@storefull-3238.bay.webtv.net>,
> > caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:
> >
> > > In a Sprint store today, and asked if he knew anything about the Treo
> > > 600, and he tells me that it was already out and has been discontinued.
> > > I asked if I could see one, and he said his store has been sold out of
> > > them for quite some time.
> > >
> > > Eric
> >
> > Lies and the lying liars that tell them.
>
> A book written by the biggest of them all!

A Sprint store rep wrote a book? Well they tell enough lies to fill a
few.
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 6:00:07 AM

In article <19549-40C7B212-121@storefull-3235.bay.webtv.net>,
caperenewal@webtv.net (Eric) wrote:

> (O/Siris) wrote:
> > Excuse me? Discontinued?
> > Geez, that's embarrassing.
>
> Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't mind if reps have no idea what I
> am talking about, but at least have the decentcy to say "I do not know"
> or "I have no information on that at this time" rather than tell me an
> outright lie, or make something up off the top of your head.

Try and ask any CSR about ReadyLink, and you'll know more than they
will, and can listen to them make it up as they go along.
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 8:36:08 AM

June 10, 2004 11:19:12 AM

(Thomas T. Veldhouse) wrote:
> Or maybe he was some uneducated kid who
> was really thinking about a different model?

Possibly... but you should *always* make sure of something before you
try to present it as fact, for the customer's sake.
!