Freelancer: question about Rebalance mod

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

My son just got Freelancer and has finished the campaign. I got some
mods for him from Lancer's Reactor. One of these was Rebalance, which
I have heard mentioned favorably, but when we installed it and he
started it up he was ver disappointed. The mod started him in a new
system called "Earth Alliance System System" (bit redundant on the
naming?) and when he went to different places looking for missions
they were all level 30 or higher, not really suitable for a starting
character in a Patriot fighter (I think that is what he had?). He also
looked at other ships available, and they all cost $100,000 to
$1,000,000 or more - way WAY out of range of anything he could ever
afford, especially with no missions available. Then out in space he
was attacked by hordes of enemies and barely escaped into a dock. Is
this where the mod was supposed to start him off as a new character,
or is there something we could set to start him off someplace
friendlier? He is a pretty good pilot in this game (way better than me
when I sat down to try it!) and has finished the standard campaign,
but in a starting ship with crummy guns he had no chance against the
swarm that came after him.

Are we missing something here? Because this just seems like a really
strange setup for starting off new characters.

Any help appreciated. We would like to make this mod work, as he is
excited about having new systems to explore.

John

Toad

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:27:53 -0600, John Smith
<reply@this.newsgroup.com> wrote:

>My son just got Freelancer and has finished the campaign. I got some
>mods for him from Lancer's Reactor.

I'd bet you'll get the answers you're looking for at the lancer's
reactor forums. In the specific forums, the makers of the mods post
there...