UC:AWA

Last response: in Video Games
January 31, 2005 3:08:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

http://www.gamershell.com/news/19861.html

I'm really starting to wonder how many times they can re-package and
re-sell the same game over and over again.

This game really hasn't changed since BCM 1.09, but it's got the life
of the energizer bunny!

It might be worth the extra $20 if Derek FINALLY takes out the 56k cap
that is FORCED on everyone in UC MP (which creates excessive packet
problems for people on broadband, basically making UC MP unplayable).

I hope he finally pulls his head out of his ass, 'cause the game could
really rock in MP once he figures out that 56k is too slow for
server/client updates. Hell, there might even be more that 3 people
online at any one time.

However, I've decided against holding my breath or anything. =P

More about : awa

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 3:35:31 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:08:16 GMT, Shingen <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>http://www.gamershell.com/news/19861.html
>
>I'm really starting to wonder how many times they can re-package and
>re-sell the same game over and over again.
>
>This game really hasn't changed since BCM 1.09, but it's got the life
>of the energizer bunny!
>
>It might be worth the extra $20 if Derek FINALLY takes out the 56k cap
>that is FORCED on everyone in UC MP (which creates excessive packet
>problems for people on broadband, basically making UC MP unplayable).
>
>I hope he finally pulls his head out of his ass, 'cause the game could
>really rock in MP once he figures out that 56k is too slow for
>server/client updates. Hell, there might even be more that 3 people
>online at any one time.
>
>However, I've decided against holding my breath or anything. =P

I cannot believe he released yet another game. It seems like another one comes
out every few months or so. I just took a look on his site and some of the
screenshots do look rather good but I tell you what it does need: some kind of
shadows. Everything just looks plain odd without them.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 8:30:08 AM

"Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> http://www.gamershell.com/news/19861.html
>
> I'm really starting to wonder how many times they can re-package and
> re-sell the same game over and over again.
>
> This game really hasn't changed since BCM 1.09, but it's got the life
> of the energizer bunny!
>
> It might be worth the extra $20 if Derek FINALLY takes out the 56k cap
> that is FORCED on everyone in UC MP (which creates excessive packet
> problems for people on broadband, basically making UC MP unplayable).
>
> I hope he finally pulls his head out of his ass, 'cause the game could
> really rock in MP once he figures out that 56k is too slow for
> server/client updates. Hell, there might even be more that 3 people
> online at any one time.
>
> However, I've decided against holding my breath or anything. =P

What's his rational for restricting it to 56k?
January 31, 2005 8:51:42 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:30:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>What's his rational for restricting it to 56k?

From what I've been told, he capped it to even things for 56kers
(thinking that BB users would have an edge because of faster updates).
In truth, what really happened is a major bottleneck in packets
between server and client.

In MP, this equates to ships being stuck in hyperspace, targets
jumping and hoping around, weapons doing no damage to targets, and
planetside ops being a serious waste of time because of server/client
update issues!
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 1:40:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

> In my opinion, he's taking BC in the wrong direction entirely. He
> should've scrapped the fancy graphics and went with a persistant
> universe, expanded the trade model, allowed building of bases in space
> and on planets, and fleshed out all of the races/castes that are in
> the game already.

Uhhhh what fancy graphics?

Any word on how his BC MMOG is progressing?
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 8:00:13 PM

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:30:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
> wrote:
>

> >What's his rational for restricting it to 56k?
> >

> From what I've been told, he capped it to even things for 56kers
> (thinking that BB users would have an edge because of faster updates).
> In truth, what really happened is a major bottleneck in packets
> between server and client.
>
> In MP, this equates to ships being stuck in hyperspace, targets
> jumping and hoping around, weapons doing no damage to targets, and
> planetside ops being a serious waste of time because of server/client
> update issues!

I would guess that the real reason is that server code is so slow and that
information passing so inefficient that only a few (2or 3?) fast connections
would bring it to its knees.
February 2, 2005 3:14:19 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Its probobly progressing as well as his orginal game gonna take him 5 years
just to release a half working product.
February 2, 2005 3:40:55 PM

"Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> http://www.gamershell.com/news/19861.html
>>
>> I'm really starting to wonder how many times they can re-package and
>> re-sell the same game over and over again.
>>
>> This game really hasn't changed since BCM 1.09, but it's got the life
>> of the energizer bunny!
>>
>> It might be worth the extra $20 if Derek FINALLY takes out the 56k cap
>> that is FORCED on everyone in UC MP (which creates excessive packet
>> problems for people on broadband, basically making UC MP unplayable).
>>
>> I hope he finally pulls his head out of his ass, 'cause the game could
>> really rock in MP once he figures out that 56k is too slow for
>> server/client updates. Hell, there might even be more that 3 people
>> online at any one time.
>>
>> However, I've decided against holding my breath or anything. =P
>
> What's his rational for restricting it to 56k?

maybe he dont know how to program games that actually work right so with it
going at 56k u think its moving at the speed its suppose to
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 4:13:16 PM

Bill Huffman wrote:
> "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>
>>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:30:08 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>What's his rational for restricting it to 56k?
>>>

>>From what I've been told, he capped it to even things for 56kers
>>(thinking that BB users would have an edge because of faster updates).
>>In truth, what really happened is a major bottleneck in packets
>>between server and client.
>>
>>In MP, this equates to ships being stuck in hyperspace, targets
>>jumping and hoping around, weapons doing no damage to targets, and
>>planetside ops being a serious waste of time because of server/client
>>update issues!
>

> I would guess that the real reason is that server code is so slow and that
> information passing so inefficient that only a few (2or 3?) fast connections
> would bring it to its knees.

Its the memory banks of his AI Asteroids that take the time to sync.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 5:44:48 PM

"Walter Mitty" <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Bill Huffman wrote:
> > "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> >>From what I've been told, he capped it to even things for 56kers
> >>(thinking that BB users would have an edge because of faster updates).
> >>In truth, what really happened is a major bottleneck in packets
> >>between server and client.
> >>
> >>In MP, this equates to ships being stuck in hyperspace, targets
> >>jumping and hoping around, weapons doing no damage to targets, and
> >>planetside ops being a serious waste of time because of server/client
> >>update issues!
> >

> > I would guess that the real reason is that server code is so slow and
that
> > information passing so inefficient that only a few (2or 3?) fast
connections
> > would bring it to its knees.
> >

> Its the memory banks of his AI Asteroids that take the time to sync.

He did his dissertation on Asteroid AI you know.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 12:33:40 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:13:16 +0100, Walter Mitty
<mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Bill Huffman wrote:
>> "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>>>From what I've been told, he capped it to even things for 56kers
>>>(thinking that BB users would have an edge because of faster updates).
>>>In truth, what really happened is a major bottleneck in packets
>>>between server and client.
>>>
>>>In MP, this equates to ships being stuck in hyperspace, targets
>>>jumping and hoping around, weapons doing no damage to targets, and
>>>planetside ops being a serious waste of time because of server/client
>>>update issues!
>>

>> I would guess that the real reason is that server code is so slow and that
>> information passing so inefficient that only a few (2or 3?) fast connections
>> would bring it to its knees.
>>

>Its the memory banks of his AI Asteroids that take the time to sync.

I could be wrong (but I don't think so), I think the astroids where
taken out of UC MP, so your argument is moot.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 3:07:30 AM

> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:13:16 +0100, Walter Mitty
> <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Bill Huffman wrote:
> >> "Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> >> I would guess that the real reason is that server code is so slow and
that
> >> information passing so inefficient that only a few (2or 3?) fast
connections
> >> would bring it to its knees.
> >>

> >Its the memory banks of his AI Asteroids that take the time to sync.
>
> I could be wrong (but I don't think so), I think the astroids where
> taken out of UC MP, so your argument is moot.

I'm not surprised because computer hardware has not yet caught up the
advanced asteroid AI that Derk has put into his game.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 5:45:01 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 00:11:23 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>Shin likes to flame people so that if they respond in kind then he can
>insult them even more.

Oh hell, Bill. You really aren't one to talk about flaming. Oh wait..
let's be hypocritical.

It's funny that you didn't address any issues in my post, since you
have no practical experience and anything you say would be an exercise
in stupidity anyway.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 6:54:13 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:35:07 GMT, Shingen
<shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>More flames from Shin.
>>
>you people need to lighten up... take a pill or something.

....after all, it's all in fun anyway...ain't it?
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 7:27:20 AM

wrote:

>Shin likes to flame people so that if they respond in kind then he can
>insult them even more.

OK Bill, I'm bored, slightly intoxicated, and wondering why you feel
as you do...being that I've never actually, really, "flamed" anyone
here ( except BP, but he's easy to flame),

So, how is it that you can say that I: "flame people so that if they
respond in kind then he can insult them even more". Who and whom did I
insult? Are actions; people? Can I flame HL2 without ever having
played it? What about KOTOR2? Can I flame it without ever having
played it? Would my opinion matter? What about Starshatter? FFE?
Would I have a clue if I never loaded these games up and spent any
time playing them? I fail to comprehend your point of view.

Damn..where is Br d and Bret when you need them? I feel like I'm back
at 3000AD! Tell me Bill, would you ban me from CSIPG Space-Sim as
well??
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 9:05:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 00:07:30 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>"Shingen" <shingen@aolsuks.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:13:16 +0100, Walter Mitty
>> <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> I could be wrong (but I don't think so), I think the astroids where
>> taken out of UC MP, so your argument is moot.
>
>I'm not surprised because computer hardware has not yet caught up the
>advanced asteroid AI that Derk has put into his game.

...and you preach to me about flaming... good going Bill. Keep up the
good work, man.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 12:11:04 PM

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 04:27:20 GMT, Shingen wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 00:11:23 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Shin likes to flame people so that if they respond in kind then he can
>>insult them even more.
>>
> OK Bill, I'm bored, slightly intoxicated, and wondering why you feel
> as you do...being that I've never actually, really, "flamed" anyone
> here ( except BP, but he's easy to flame),
>
> So, how is it that you can say that I: "flame people so that if they
> respond in kind then he can insult them even more". Who and whom did I
> insult? Are actions; people? Can I flame HL2 without ever having
> played it? What about KOTOR2? Can I flame it without ever having
> played it? Would my opinion matter? What about Starshatter? FFE?
> Would I have a clue if I never loaded these games up and spent any
> time playing them? I fail to comprehend your point of view.
>
> Damn..where is Br d and Bret when you need them? I feel like I'm back
> at 3000AD! Tell me Bill, would you ban me from CSIPG Space-Sim as
> well??

I think you're doing very well on your own, Shin. Besides, I haven't
played the game: if I don't have the right to flame it, I can hardly be
qualified to defend it.

Anyway, keep the faith, fight the good fight, and keep up the good work.
We're all counting on you to carry csipgs-s through this dark time.

Bret
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 12:15:45 PM

> Derek has spent
> several months after the release UC 2.0 upgrading the game (for
> free..all and every patch and upgrade in BC is free)

I wouldn't keep harping on about that...he might suddenly realise that he's
not shafting his minions enough and start charging for the priviledge of
updates... :)

'sides, it's nothing special...practically every other game company out
there provides updates for free.

--
Daniel Blakemore
Mini Gallery #1 - http://www.rottenlead.com/copper/thumbnails.php?album=8
#2 - http://www.voidgamers.com/channel/b.190.html?author_nam...
#3 - http://www.pbase.com/mylordkhorne/
ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 7:58:20 PM

> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 00:11:23 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Shin likes to flame people so that if they respond in kind then he can
> >insult them even more.
> >

> Oh hell, Bill. You really aren't one to talk about flaming. Oh wait..
> let's be hypocritical.
>
> It's funny that you didn't address any issues in my post, since you
> have no practical experience and anything you say would be an exercise
> in stupidity anyway.

Dear Shin,

You were the one that was flaming and being hypocritical about flaming. I
was just pointing out the facts.

You didn't raise any points. All you did is try to tell other people what
they should do and shouldn't do. Since you're not really the boss of the
world, I figure that I can ignore your instructions, if I so choose.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 8:07:17 PM

> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 00:11:23 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
> wrote:
>

> >Shin likes to flame people so that if they respond in kind then he can
> >insult them even more.
> >
> OK Bill, I'm bored, slightly intoxicated, and wondering why you feel
> as you do...being that I've never actually, really, "flamed" anyone
> here ( except BP, but he's easy to flame),
>
> So, how is it that you can say that I: "flame people so that if they
> respond in kind then he can insult them even more". Who and whom did I
> insult? Are actions; people? Can I flame HL2 without ever having
> played it? What about KOTOR2? Can I flame it without ever having
> played it? Would my opinion matter? What about Starshatter? FFE?
> Would I have a clue if I never loaded these games up and spent any
> time playing them? I fail to comprehend your point of view.
>
> Damn..where is Br d and Bret when you need them? I feel like I'm back
> at 3000AD! Tell me Bill, would you ban me from CSIPG Space-Sim as
> well??

Of course I can't ban anyone from anywhere. If hypothetically I had that
power here, I would probably have only used it a few times on spammers. I
wouldn't have used it on anyone that was responding to posts with unique
content.

Regarding your assertion that people shouldn't be allowed to post about a
game that they have never played, that is your contrived rule. I don't see
why anyone should have to follow your rules here.

Regarding who you have flamed, I guess that depends on one's definintion of
"flame".
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 6:50:09 AM

"Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 04:27:20 GMT, Shingen wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 00:11:23 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Shin likes to flame people so that if they respond in kind then he can
> >>insult them even more.
> >>
> > OK Bill, I'm bored, slightly intoxicated, and wondering why you feel
> > as you do...being that I've never actually, really, "flamed" anyone
> > here ( except BP, but he's easy to flame),
> >
> > So, how is it that you can say that I: "flame people so that if they
> > respond in kind then he can insult them even more". Who and whom did I
> > insult? Are actions; people? Can I flame HL2 without ever having
> > played it? What about KOTOR2? Can I flame it without ever having
> > played it? Would my opinion matter? What about Starshatter? FFE?
> > Would I have a clue if I never loaded these games up and spent any
> > time playing them? I fail to comprehend your point of view.
> >
> > Damn..where is Br d and Bret when you need them? I feel like I'm back
> > at 3000AD! Tell me Bill, would you ban me from CSIPG Space-Sim as
> > well??
>
> I think you're doing very well on your own, Shin. Besides, I haven't
> played the game: if I don't have the right to flame it, I can hardly be
> qualified to defend it.
>
> Anyway, keep the faith, fight the good fight, and keep up the good work.
> We're all counting on you to carry csipgs-s through this dark time.

Perhaps you should consider allowing Shin to invite the many dozens of Taco
Palace banned here to help him save c.s.i.p.g.s-s from me?
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:23:41 PM

On or about 2/6/2005 7:50:09 PM, Bill Huffman <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> said:
> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 04:27:20 GMT, Shingen wrote:

>>> OK Bill, I'm bored, slightly intoxicated, and wondering why you feel
>>> as you do...being that I've never actually, really, "flamed" anyone
>>> here ( except BP, but he's easy to flame),
>>>
>>> So, how is it that you can say that I: "flame people so that if they
>>> respond in kind then he can insult them even more". Who and whom did I
>>> insult? Are actions; people? Can I flame HL2 without ever having
>>> played it? What about KOTOR2? Can I flame it without ever having
>>> played it? Would my opinion matter? What about Starshatter? FFE?
>>> Would I have a clue if I never loaded these games up and spent any
>>> time playing them? I fail to comprehend your point of view.
>>>
>>> Damn..where is Br d and Bret when you need them? I feel like I'm back
>>> at 3000AD! Tell me Bill, would you ban me from CSIPG Space-Sim as
>>> well??
>>
>> I think you're doing very well on your own, Shin. Besides, I haven't
>> played the game: if I don't have the right to flame it, I can hardly be
>> qualified to defend it.
>>
>> Anyway, keep the faith, fight the good fight, and keep up the good work.
>> We're all counting on you to carry csipgs-s through this dark time.
>
> Perhaps you should consider allowing Shin to invite the many dozens of Taco
> Palace banned here to help him save c.s.i.p.g.s-s from me?

One Bill to rule them all
One Bill to find them
One Bill to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them

Shingen gets to be Frodo; I'll be the Gaffer.

Bret
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 7:39:54 PM

> On or about 2/6/2005 7:50:09 PM, Bill Huffman <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> said:
> > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

> >> I think you're doing very well on your own, Shin. Besides, I haven't
> >> played the game: if I don't have the right to flame it, I can hardly be
> >> qualified to defend it.
> >>
> >> Anyway, keep the faith, fight the good fight, and keep up the good
work.
> >> We're all counting on you to carry csipgs-s through this dark time.
> >
> > Perhaps you should consider allowing Shin to invite the many dozens of
Taco
> > Palace banned here to help him save c.s.i.p.g.s-s from me?
>
> One Bill to rule them all
> One Bill to find them
> One Bill to bring them all
> and in the darkness bind them
>
> Shingen gets to be Frodo; I'll be the Gaffer.
>
> Bret

Any academic frauds in LOTR?
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 6:15:48 AM

"bioderm" <shavolsky@ladavisky.com> wrote in message

> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
> > On or about 2/6/2005 7:50:09 PM, Bill Huffman <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
said:
> > > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

<bhuffma1@san.rr.com>

> work.
> > >
> > > Perhaps you should consider allowing Shin to invite the many dozens of
> Taco
> > > Palace banned here to help him save c.s.i.p.g.s-s from me?
> >
> > One Bill to rule them all
> > One Bill to find them
> > One Bill to bring them all
> > and in the darkness bind them
> >
> > Shingen gets to be Frodo; I'll be the Gaffer.
> >
> > Bret
>
> Any academic frauds in LOTR?

The white wizard was a bit of a fraud but not of the academic variety.
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:25:24 PM

On or about 2/7/2005 7:15:48 PM, Bill Huffman <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> said:
> "bioderm" <shavolsky@ladavisky.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

> <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>

> can

> back

> be

>> work.

>> Taco
>>>
>>> One Bill to rule them all
>>> One Bill to find them
>>> One Bill to bring them all
>>> and in the darkness bind them
>>>
>>> Shingen gets to be Frodo; I'll be the Gaffer.
>>>
>>> Bret
>>
>> Any academic frauds in LOTR?
>
> The white wizard was a bit of a fraud but not of the academic variety.

More suspicious folks --

Bilbo: not a real burglar, cheats at riddles.

Frodo: goes by "Baggins," but he's more than half Brandybuck, I hear tell.

Samwise: after being caught red-handed, still denies eavesdropping. Not
really a mighty Elven warrior (or even a Tark).

Tom Bombadil: delusional sociopathic hermit. Talks to trees, nutty as a
fruitcake, poor fashion sense.

Bret
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 4:45:58 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

> More suspicious folks --
>
> Bilbo: not a real burglar, cheats at riddles.
>
> Frodo: goes by "Baggins," but he's more than half Brandybuck, I hear
> tell.
>
> Samwise: after being caught red-handed, still denies eavesdropping.
> Not really a mighty Elven warrior (or even a Tark).
>
> Tom Bombadil: delusional sociopathic hermit. Talks to trees, nutty as
> a fruitcake, poor fashion sense.
>
> Bret

http://boredoftherings.150m.com/bored_prelude.html

"Do you like what you doth see...?" said the voluptuous elf-maiden as she
provocatively parted the folds of her robe to reveal the rounded, shadowy
glories within. Frito's throat was dry, though his head reeled with
desire and ale.

She slipped off the flimsy garment and strode toward the fascinated
boggie unashamed of her nakedness. She ran a perfect hand along his hairy
toes, and he helplessly watched them curl with the fierce insistent
wanting of her.

"Let me make thee more comfortable," she whispered hoarsely, fiddling
with the clasps of his jerkin, loosening his sword belt with a laugh.
"Touch me, oh touch me," she crooned.

Frito's hand, as though of its own will, reached out and traced the
delicate swelling of her elf-breast, while the other slowly crept around
her tiny, flawless waist, crushing her to his barrel chest.

"Toes, I love hairy toes," she moaned, forcing him down on the silvered
carpet. Her tiny pink toes caressed the luxuriant fur of his instep while
Frito's nose sought out the warmth of her precious elf-navel.

"But I'm so small and hairy, and...and you're so beautiful," Frito
whimpered, slipping clumsily out of his crossed garters.

The elf-maiden said nothing, but only sighed deep in her throat and held
him more firmly to her faunlike body. "There is one thing you must do for
me first," she whispered into one tufted ear.

"Anything," sobbed Frito, growing frantic with his need. "Anything!"

She closed her eyes and then opened them to the ceiling. "The Ring," she
said. "I must have your Ring."

Frito's whole body tensed. "Oh no," he cried, "not that! Anything
but...that."

"I must have it," she said both tenderly and fiercely. "I must have the
Ring!"

Frito's eyes blurred with tears and confusion. "I can't," he said. "I
musn't!"

But he knew resolve was no longer strong in him. Slowly, the elf-maiden's
hand inched toward the chain in his vest pocket, closer and closer it
came to the Ring Frito had guarded so faithfully...
February 12, 2005 5:07:21 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:25:24 -0800, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>Tom Bombadil: delusional sociopathic hermit. Talks to trees, nutty as a
>fruitcake, poor fashion sense.

Old Tom has good taste in women, though.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
Anonymous

"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 5pq01hrqodao00fhp1p7c3pkd5984a70v@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:25:24 -0800, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Tom Bombadil: delusional sociopathic hermit. Talks to trees, nutty as a
> >fruitcake, poor fashion sense.
>
> Old Tom has good taste in women, though.

Well, yeah, some women go in for that sort of thing.

Bret
!