Disk read error occurred

wingss

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Hello,
I was trying to boot windows 7 from DVD. but while installing I tried to delete my one partition to repartition it with larger size. but when I deleted that, my other two logical partition got deleted showing unpartition disk. No idea on how did this occur..
I tried to create partition using XP DVD. but after copying the windows while it took restart, it showed the disk o boot error problem and I tried to boot again with Windows 7 DVD. but no help. everytime its showing the disk error message.. what to do? please help..

Now that you have an OS on the HDD, it is booting from it. Make the CD the 1st boot device in setup, and try again.

win 7 partitions are different to xp partitions and are not interchangeable... all you can do if you want to install win 7 is boot off the disk delete existing partition and repartition using the win 7 menu option.
or if you want to downgrade to xp then do the same but remove the win7 created partition if its there...

if your lucky you may be able to then recover some of the data on your logical partition to another different drive. but this is very time consuming and doesnt have a very good recovery rate 70% if your very lucky. if you try to recover onto the original drive all you will do is corrupt the files you want to rescue so dont waste your time with that...
personally i would just repartition in win 7 and format then start again from a fresh install.