FTP Servers & MN-700

I just replaced my Netgear RT314 with the MN-700 so that
I could add wireless support. Unfortunately, the MN-700
seems to be rejecting all outside connection attempts
even though I've set up permanent port forwarding for
ports 20-21. I've even tried using other ports, but it
seems like the port forwarding is flat-out broken. What
is going on? How do I make this thing work?
7 answers Last reply
More about servers

    For FTP, you only need to forward port 21 (ftpdata transmissions are ALWAYS
    outgoing, not incoming)

    Not sure why it isn't working for you, as it has been working for me with no
    problems

    What are you entering in the port forward field (you should be using a
    persistent port forward, forwarding port 21 of the public ip to port 21 of
    the private ip (using the tcp data type)

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Scrivener" <availj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I just replaced my Netgear RT314 with the MN-700 so that
    > I could add wireless support. Unfortunately, the MN-700
    > seems to be rejecting all outside connection attempts
    > even though I've set up permanent port forwarding for
    > ports 20-21. I've even tried using other ports, but it
    > seems like the port forwarding is flat-out broken. What
    > is going on? How do I make this thing work?

    The ports for the passive ftp shouldn´t be forwarded ?

    Txs

    Jorge

    If you want to use Passive FTP, you'll need to

    i) Forward ports
    ii) Tell your FTP Server to use those forwarded ports from the MN700
    iii) Tell your FTP server the WAN ip to use for passive mode.

    --

    "Jorge" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    The ports for the passive ftp shouldn´t be forwarded ?

    Txs

    Jorge

    I did this, but is still not working.

    If I select the Virtual DMZ for the FTP server IP,
    shouldn´t it work ?

    Jorge

    It'd work, but why would you do that (DMZ is no excuse when you can just as
    easily set it up correctly).

    --

    I did this, but is still not working.

    If I select the Virtual DMZ for the FTP server IP,
    shouldn´t it work ?

    Jorge

    Jason

    That's the point. Even using the DMZ isn't working.

    Jorge

    I have the same exact problem, I tried to migrate from Linksys Router with prot forwarding for FTP, SMTP, WWW, and .... and it just does not work in MN700 not even the DMZ, there must be a switch somewhere we are missing, they can not have this kind of bad product out there.

Routers Port Forwarding Networking