  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 2:45:52 AM

I just replaced my Netgear RT314 with the MN-700 so that
I could add wireless support. Unfortunately, the MN-700
seems to be rejecting all outside connection attempts
even though I've set up permanent port forwarding for
ports 20-21. I've even tried using other ports, but it
seems like the port forwarding is flat-out broken. What
is going on? How do I make this thing work?

More about : ftp servers 700

Anonymous
May 23, 2004 2:29:00 PM

For FTP, you only need to forward port 21 (ftpdata transmissions are ALWAYS
outgoing, not incoming)

Not sure why it isn't working for you, as it has been working for me with no
problems

What are you entering in the port forward field (you should be using a
persistent port forward, forwarding port 21 of the public ip to port 21 of
the private ip (using the tcp data type)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Scrivener" <availj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just replaced my Netgear RT314 with the MN-700 so that
> I could add wireless support. Unfortunately, the MN-700
> seems to be rejecting all outside connection attempts
> even though I've set up permanent port forwarding for
> ports 20-21. I've even tried using other ports, but it
> seems like the port forwarding is flat-out broken. What
> is going on? How do I make this thing work?
June 21, 2004 12:43:53 PM

The ports for the passive ftp shouldn´t be forwarded ?

Txs

Jorge

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 3:52:38 PM

If you want to use Passive FTP, you'll need to

i) Forward ports
ii) Tell your FTP Server to use those forwarded ports from the MN700
iii) Tell your FTP server the WAN ip to use for passive mode.

--

"Jorge" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
The ports for the passive ftp shouldn´t be forwarded ?

Txs

Jorge

June 26, 2004 12:18:01 AM

I did this, but is still not working.

If I select the Virtual DMZ for the FTP server IP,
shouldn´t it work ?

Jorge

Anonymous
June 26, 2004 8:48:14 AM

It'd work, but why would you do that (DMZ is no excuse when you can just as
easily set it up correctly).

--

I did this, but is still not working.

If I select the Virtual DMZ for the FTP server IP,
shouldn´t it work ?

Jorge

June 28, 2004 9:46:05 PM

Jason

That's the point. Even using the DMZ isn't working.

Jorge

July 20, 2004 1:06:04 PM

I have the same exact problem, I tried to migrate from Linksys Router with prot forwarding for FTP, SMTP, WWW, and .... and it just does not work in MN700 not even the DMZ, there must be a switch somewhere we are missing, they can not have this kind of bad product out there.