Sign in with
Your question

Download Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Updates Manually

Last response: in Windows 7
June 13, 2012 7:36:57 AM

Good day.

How can I manually download Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit updates to my hard drive/External Hard Drive?

I want to choose only those that I need so I can easily install them whenever I reformat my PC.

Thanks.
June 13, 2012 7:42:35 AM

Gorgonio said:
Good day.

How can I manually download Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit updates to my hard drive/External Hard Drive?

I want to choose only those that I need so I can easily install them whenever I reformat my PC.

Thanks.

By the way, I am using Windows XP and I will transfer the downloaded updates to my Windows 7 PC manually. So, is this possible?
m
l
June 13, 2012 7:59:00 AM

windows 7 updates automatically stored in %windir%\softwaredistribution\download

other than that you can manually download updates by going to microsoft download center site
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2012 8:06:23 AM

You shouldnt need drivers to install Windows 7. It should come with at least generic versions of all the essential drivers.

After that you can update any other drivers:
Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly
They mention the automatic and manual methods for updating drivers.
watch the Demo Video
m
l
June 13, 2012 8:10:52 AM

WR2 said:
You shouldnt need drivers to install Windows 7. It should come with at least generic versions of all the essential drivers.

After that you can update any other drivers:
Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly
They mention the automatic and manual methods for updating drivers.
watch the Demo Video

I have all the up to date drivers I need.

What I need are updates to end my headache with the BSOD that May Payne 3 is giving me. I have read from various forums that program compatibility updates as well as reliability updates are all that are needed to solve my issue.

Thanks.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2012 8:13:09 AM

Gorgonio said:
I have all the up to date drivers I need.
Thanks.
You're welcome.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2012 8:15:32 AM

Gorgonio said:
What I need are updates to end my headache with the BSOD that May Payne 3 is giving me.
Only Max Payne 3 is making your system BSOD?
There's not going to be a driver for that.

Visit the Max Payne 3 game forums and find out if there is a patch, update or procedure you need to use.
m
l
June 13, 2012 8:23:47 AM

WR2 said:
Only Max Payne 3 is making your system BSOD?
There's not going to be a driver for that.

Visit the Max Payne 3 game forums and find out if there is a patch, update or procedure you need to use.

Thanks again.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2012 8:50:33 AM

max payne has at least 2 patches out for it the .19 and .22 both are needed to run the game and the game wont work without them also the game needs to be activated and signed in to the Internet/steam/rockstar social club to work. 1s you have connected you can then choose to go ofline to play but you will need to go online to run it again. if its working without an Internet connection then your using an illegal copy and toms doesn't support or condone piracy... so i suggest you buy it...
m
l
March 23, 2013 1:51:34 PM

all these updates on the Microsoft site are 3-4 years old so that is not really helpful
m
l
April 9, 2013 8:03:31 PM

Gorgonio said:
Good day.

Thanks.

m
l
!