Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

add F&C America roaming for one month?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 13, 2004 4:17:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
"one month only"?

How do you know if your'e covered while roaming?
Does the call simply go through or it doesn't? BEST CHOICE
OR is there some trickery involved, that you really never
know when your'e covered--as long as you've made that FATEFUL DECISION
to set your phone to roam?

How do you really ever know if your roaming is covered or you're
treated to the special "uncovered" $1/min roaming charge?

OR, IS IT not worth the headaches and stay Digital only and relax and
enjoy vacation.

Gotta go traveling next mo to DC, Philadelphia, and Toms River, NJ
Just wondering weather its worth it to add a phone and roaming
to my retention plan.

Thanks in advance
June 13, 2004 5:05:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

dave wrote:

> Gotta go traveling next mo to DC, Philadelphia, and Toms River, NJ
> Just wondering weather its worth it to add a phone and roaming
> to my retention plan.

You'll have no trouble acquiring a Sprint signal nearly anywhere in DC
or Philly. Toms River area may be spotty, particularly west of the
Garden State Parkway.
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 8:41:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article
<Y2FybmFs.967e56bf130728fedeb81de48de369ae@1087143470.nulluser.com>,
"dave" <> wrote:

> Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
> "one month only"?
>
> How do you know if your'e covered while roaming?

You'd check your account on the web and see if it showed the F&CA option.
And then print it out for evidence.


> Does the call simply go through or it doesn't? BEST CHOICE
> OR is there some trickery involved, that you really never
> know when your'e covered--as long as you've made that FATEFUL DECISION
> to set your phone to roam?
>
> How do you really ever know if your roaming is covered or you're
> treated to the special "uncovered" $1/min roaming charge?
>
> OR, IS IT not worth the headaches and stay Digital only and relax and
> enjoy vacation.
>
> Gotta go traveling next mo to DC, Philadelphia, and Toms River, NJ
> Just wondering weather its worth it to add a phone and roaming
> to my retention plan.
>
> Thanks in advance
Related resources
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 11:40:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <Y2FybmFs.967e56bf130728fedeb81de48de369ae@
1087143470.nulluser.com>, "dave" <> says...
> Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
> "one month only"?
>
> How do you know if your'e covered while roaming?
> Does the call simply go through or it doesn't? BEST CHOICE
> OR is there some trickery involved, that you really never
> know when your'e covered--as long as you've made that FATEFUL DECISION
> to set your phone to roam?
>
> How do you really ever know if your roaming is covered or you're
> treated to the special "uncovered" $1/min roaming charge?
>
> OR, IS IT not worth the headaches and stay Digital only and relax and
> enjoy vacation.
>
> Gotta go traveling next mo to DC, Philadelphia, and Toms River, NJ
> Just wondering weather its worth it to add a phone and roaming
> to my retention plan.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>
>
>

If you get the $5 option added to your account, then you're covered
as long as the call goes straight through. If you're not covered,
your call will be diverted to whatever customer service center covers
that signal, and get asked for a credit card.

If you have F&CA, and you can take or make a call without that kind
of diversion, you're covered.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 1:25:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

O/Siris wrote:

> If you get the $5 option added to your account, then you're covered
> as long as the call goes straight through. If you're not covered,
> your call will be diverted to whatever customer service center covers
> that signal, and get asked for a credit card.


Befoe I added it, I was just paying the roaming charges, no CC needed,
but that might have been the market I was roaming in.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 2:28:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <PC3zc.4523$HX1.1924@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>,
JRW <no_addy@no_.com> wrote:

> O/Siris wrote:
>
> > If you get the $5 option added to your account, then you're covered
> > as long as the call goes straight through. If you're not covered,
> > your call will be diverted to whatever customer service center covers
> > that signal, and get asked for a credit card.
>
>
> Befoe I added it, I was just paying the roaming charges, no CC needed,
> but that might have been the market I was roaming in.

or maybe, as is commonly the case, O/sirus doesn't know as much as he
pretends.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 2:28:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Robert M. <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:
>> O/Siris wrote:
>>
>> > If you get the $5 option added to your account, then you're covered
>> > as long as the call goes straight through. If you're not covered,
>> > your call will be diverted to whatever customer service center covers
>> > that signal, and get asked for a credit card.
>>
>>
>> Befoe I added it, I was just paying the roaming charges, no CC needed,
>> but that might have been the market I was roaming in.
>
> or maybe, as is commonly the case, O/sirus doesn't know as much as he
> pretends.

Jeez, neither you nor JRW were paying attention to Rob, were you? He said
that as long as you're in an area covered by a Sprint roaming agreement with
some other carrier, you're fine. If you don't have FCA, you end up with
roaming charges but the call still goes through. "If you're not covered" means
"if you're not in an area where Sprint has native coverage, and if the area
is not covered by a company with whom Sprint has a roaming agreement" -
and you WILL ALWAYS know if you don't have Sprint coverage or coverage via
one of Sprint's roaming partners, because if that's the case, you will end
up needing a credit card to complete the call.

"If you're not covered" doesn't mean "if you don't have FCA", as y'all
apparently think.

In other words:

On Sprint's network - no roaming charges
On a roaming partner's network, with FCA - no roaming charges
On a roaming partner's network, no FCA - roaming fees appear on your bill
On a network not covered by a Sprint roaming agreement - pay up front
with a credit card and probably get gouged...

The last situation should not happen often, if at all.


--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 4:52:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <PC3zc.4523$HX1.1924@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>,
no_addy@no_.com says...
>
> Befoe I added it, I was just paying the roaming charges, no CC needed,
> but that might have been the market I was roaming in.
>

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply this changed anything. The OP was
simply asking when he'd be covered under F&CA. Those areas where you
roam without being directed for a Credit Card cost $0.50/min w/o
F&CA. Under F&CA, they're covered. It was just an easy way to know
one is covered.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 6:22:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

O/Siris wrote> >

> If you get the $5 option added to your account, then you're covered
> as long as the call goes straight through. If you're not covered,
> your call will be diverted to whatever customer service center covers
> that signal, and get asked for a credit card.
>
> If you have F&CA, and you can take or make a call without that kind
> of diversion, you're covered.
>


Isn't this MUCH EASIER than Verizons way of handling it?
Dont they have a roam icon "on", or "flashing", to notify you?
Seemed to be confusing to me. Too much to go wrong it seemed.
I also have a single rate west plan with Verizon and never have to
worry about ANY ROAMING, because on those plans they guarantee to EAT
THE CHARGES, if any.

But anyway I like Sprints approach much better. It either WORKS or it
DOESN'T.

For all you experts out there are Sprints roaming areas as generous as
Verizons overall? (F&CAmerica vs Americas Choice) Doesn't matter that
much anyway, since I hardly EVER leave my home Sprint metro area, and
have 12 western states no roaming with verizon as a back up when
traveling.

Thanks for answering, Rob

> --
> RØß
> O/Siris
> I work for Sprint PCS
> I *don't* speak for them
June 14, 2004 6:35:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steven J Sobol wrote:


> In other words:
>
> On Sprint's network - no roaming charges
> On a roaming partner's network, with FCA - no roaming charges
> On a roaming partner's network, no FCA - roaming fees appear on your
bill
> On a network not covered by a Sprint roaming agreement - pay up front
> with a credit card and probably get gouged...
>
> The last situation should not happen often, if at all.


Clear and Simple!


Oh, yes, I almost forgot, as the topic to this thread asks, would
Sprint let me add the $5 "roaming included" charge for one month only?
Or is that a commitment type of thing?

Thanks again!
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 4:08:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

<dave> wrote in message
news:Y2FybmFs.75b6c262a25d28ee5d161a90747f29d6@1087194931.nulluser.com...
<snipped>
> Oh, yes, I almost forgot, as the topic to this thread asks, would
> Sprint let me add the $5 "roaming included" charge for one month only?
> Or is that a commitment type of thing?
>
> Thanks again!

Yes, that is an option you can add or take off, without having to extend
your annual agreement.

Bob
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 7:21:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article
<Y2FybmFs.967e56bf130728fedeb81de48de369ae@1087143470.nulluser.com>, "dave" <>
wrote:
> Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
> "one month only"?

I believe it is permitted to put on FCA for just one month. The $5 version may
not be available to affliate markets. Also beware that since the roaming usage
data is of course collected by another carrier first, then transmitted to
Sprint for billing, that it can take days or weeks for this info to be
exchanged and that roaming usage hits your account only AFTER Sprint
has received it from the other carriers. That is, you get charged when the
usage data hits your account, NOT the actual point in time of your usage.
Therefore, particularly if your roaming usage is towards the end of your
billing cycle, you may need to leave on FCA for two months, to fully cover
roaming usage from the prior month.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 7:38:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <Fnjzc.337411$M3.179220@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
dantsoremove@yahoo.com wrote:

> In article
> <Y2FybmFs.967e56bf130728fedeb81de48de369ae@1087143470.nulluser.com>, "dave"
> <>
> wrote:
> > Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
> > "one month only"?
>
> I believe it is permitted to put on FCA for just one month. The $5 version
> may
> not be available to affliate markets. Also beware that since the roaming
> usage
> data is of course collected by another carrier first, then transmitted to
> Sprint for billing, that it can take days or weeks for this info to be
> exchanged and that roaming usage hits your account only AFTER Sprint
> has received it from the other carriers. That is, you get charged when the
> usage data hits your account, NOT the actual point in time of your usage.
> Therefore, particularly if your roaming usage is towards the end of your
> billing cycle, you may need to leave on FCA for two months, to fully cover
> roaming usage from the prior month.

Heaven forfend SprintPCS be customer friendly and billing according to
when the time was used. Didn't AT&T get sued over such a delayed billing
practice?
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 7:45:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
news:rmarkoff-7B7B14.10383414062004@news2.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <Fnjzc.337411$M3.179220@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
> dantsoremove@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <Y2FybmFs.967e56bf130728fedeb81de48de369ae@1087143470.nulluser.com>,
"dave"
> > <>
> > wrote:
> > > Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
> > > "one month only"?
> >
> > I believe it is permitted to put on FCA for just one month. The $5
version
> > may
> > not be available to affliate markets. Also beware that since the roaming
> > usage
> > data is of course collected by another carrier first, then transmitted
to
> > Sprint for billing, that it can take days or weeks for this info to be
> > exchanged and that roaming usage hits your account only AFTER Sprint
> > has received it from the other carriers. That is, you get charged when
the
> > usage data hits your account, NOT the actual point in time of your
usage.
> > Therefore, particularly if your roaming usage is towards the end of your
> > billing cycle, you may need to leave on FCA for two months, to fully
cover
> > roaming usage from the prior month.
>
> Heaven forfend SprintPCS be customer friendly and billing according to
> when the time was used. Didn't AT&T get sued over such a delayed billing
> practice?

Forfend? That's a bit of an old word ... So, you are blaming SPCS for
another carrier's delay in sending their bill to them for roaming calls?
Last time I was in the Cayman Islands, it took 2 to 3 months for the calls
to show up.

Once again, another false complaint Phillipe ...

Bob
June 14, 2004 7:55:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

dantsoremove@yahoo.com wrote:
> In article
> <Y2FybmFs.967e56bf130728fedeb81de48de369ae@1087143470.nulluser.com>, "dave" <>
> wrote:
>
>>Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
>>"one month only"?
>
>
> I believe it is permitted to put on FCA for just one month. The $5 version may
> not be available to affliate markets. Also beware that since the roaming usage
> data is of course collected by another carrier first, then transmitted to
> Sprint for billing, that it can take days or weeks for this info to be
> exchanged and that roaming usage hits your account only AFTER Sprint
> has received it from the other carriers. That is, you get charged when the
> usage data hits your account, NOT the actual point in time of your usage.
> Therefore, particularly if your roaming usage is towards the end of your
> billing cycle, you may need to leave on FCA for two months, to fully cover
> roaming usage from the prior month.

Insightful, but only partly valid.
From the Sprint T&Cs:

Invoicing. Invoicing cycles are approximately 30 days in length.
Invoicing cycles and dates may change from time to time. Except as
otherwise provided in your Service Plan, monthly recurring charges
(MRCs) are invoiced one invoicing cycle in advance. Charges for Services
are usually invoiced as soon as possible after the charges accrue. We
may, however, invoice you for usage and charges occurring before the
invoicing cycle being invoiced, if they were not previously invoiced. If
you are invoiced for usage incurred during a prior invoicing cycle,
those minutes will be applied to your Service Plan minutes for the
current invoicing cycle. However, if you change your PCS Service Plan
between the time the usage was incurred and the beginning of the current
invoicing cycle, those minutes from the prior invoicing cycle will be
charged at the rate per minute for usage over included minutes provided
in the Service Plan in effect at the time the usage was incurred.

So, if I have F&C America on month one, roam during that month and the
roaming is reported during month two, and if I've canceled F&C America
that monrh, I will be billed under the F&C America rate, but use minutes
from my month two bucket. For most plans, that means I'd use month two
daytime minutes, but no per-minute roaming charges.

-mike
June 14, 2004 7:56:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob Smith wrote:
> "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
> news:rmarkoff-7B7B14.10383414062004@news2.west.earthlink.net...
>
>>In article <Fnjzc.337411$M3.179220@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
>> dantsoremove@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>
>>>In article
>>><Y2FybmFs.967e56bf130728fedeb81de48de369ae@1087143470.nulluser.com>,
>
> "dave"
>
>>><>
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>>Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
>>>>"one month only"?
>>>
>>>I believe it is permitted to put on FCA for just one month. The $5
>
> version
>
>>>may
>>>not be available to affliate markets. Also beware that since the roaming
>>>usage
>>>data is of course collected by another carrier first, then transmitted
>
> to
>
>>>Sprint for billing, that it can take days or weeks for this info to be
>>>exchanged and that roaming usage hits your account only AFTER Sprint
>>>has received it from the other carriers. That is, you get charged when
>
> the
>
>>>usage data hits your account, NOT the actual point in time of your
>
> usage.
>
>>>Therefore, particularly if your roaming usage is towards the end of your
>>>billing cycle, you may need to leave on FCA for two months, to fully
>
> cover
>
>>>roaming usage from the prior month.
>>
>>Heaven forfend SprintPCS be customer friendly and billing according to
>>when the time was used. Didn't AT&T get sued over such a delayed billing
>>practice?
>
>
> Forfend? That's a bit of an old word ... So, you are blaming SPCS for
> another carrier's delay in sending their bill to them for roaming calls?
> Last time I was in the Cayman Islands, it took 2 to 3 months for the calls
> to show up.
>
> Once again, another false complaint Phillipe ...
>
> Bob
>
>

Imagine the cost to Srint to monkey around with a $5 option for one
month and then the tighta.s cancels.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 9:36:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

> Bob Smith wrote:
> > "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
> > news:rmarkoff-7B7B14.10383414062004@news2.west.earthlink.net...
> >
> >>In article <Fnjzc.337411$M3.179220@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
> >> dantsoremove@yahoo.com wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>In article
> >>><Y2FybmFs.967e56bf130728fedeb81de48de369ae@1087143470.nulluser.com>,
> >
> > "dave"
> >
> >>><>
> >>>wrote:
> >>>
> >>>>Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
> >>>>"one month only"?
> >>>
> >>>I believe it is permitted to put on FCA for just one month. The $5
> >
> > version
> >
> >>>may
> >>>not be available to affliate markets. Also beware that since the roaming
> >>>usage
> >>>data is of course collected by another carrier first, then transmitted
> >
> > to
> >
> >>>Sprint for billing, that it can take days or weeks for this info to be
> >>>exchanged and that roaming usage hits your account only AFTER Sprint
> >>>has received it from the other carriers. That is, you get charged when
> >
> > the
> >
> >>>usage data hits your account, NOT the actual point in time of your
> >
> > usage.
> >
> >>>Therefore, particularly if your roaming usage is towards the end of your
> >>>billing cycle, you may need to leave on FCA for two months, to fully
> >
> > cover
> >
> >>>roaming usage from the prior month.
> >>
> >>Heaven forfend SprintPCS be customer friendly and billing according to
> >>when the time was used. Didn't AT&T get sued over such a delayed billing
> >>practice?
> >
> >
> > Forfend? That's a bit of an old word ... So, you are blaming SPCS for
> > another carrier's delay in sending their bill to them for roaming calls?
> > Last time I was in the Cayman Islands, it took 2 to 3 months for the calls
> > to show up.
> >



Forfend or not, AT&T paid heavily.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 9:37:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> Heaven forfend SprintPCS be customer friendly and billing according to
>> when the time was used. Didn't AT&T get sued over such a delayed billing
>> practice?
>
> Forfend? That's a bit of an old word ... So, you are blaming SPCS for
> another carrier's delay in sending their bill to them for roaming calls?
> Last time I was in the Cayman Islands, it took 2 to 3 months for the calls
> to show up.
>

Actually, I would have to agree with Phillip on this one. There is
absolutely NO reason why Sprint PCS can not see that if a given call
took place during a particular time frame, that it can not actually
apply it to the plan that was in force at that particular time.

I had this problem back when they offered me the $10 for 50 roaming
minutes. I used it for one month and the charges didn't even all arive
until the next. I was able to call and get them to fix it though, as it
was only a couple of minutes.

- --

Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFAzeJt1p0e3NXsrtERAj1qAKCRaJLlQwg1qIR0W+MdKHOvO84LvgCghU8b
hcHEyerqN1kmfV8jSjjmzK4=
=Dd+i
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 11:16:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:40cde26e$0$88954$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com...
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Heaven forfend SprintPCS be customer friendly and billing according to
> >> when the time was used. Didn't AT&T get sued over such a delayed
billing
> >> practice?
> >
> > Forfend? That's a bit of an old word ... So, you are blaming SPCS for
> > another carrier's delay in sending their bill to them for roaming calls?
> > Last time I was in the Cayman Islands, it took 2 to 3 months for the
calls
> > to show up.
> >
>
> Actually, I would have to agree with Phillip on this one. There is
> absolutely NO reason why Sprint PCS can not see that if a given call
> took place during a particular time frame, that it can not actually
> apply it to the plan that was in force at that particular time.
>
> I had this problem back when they offered me the $10 for 50 roaming
> minutes. I used it for one month and the charges didn't even all arive
> until the next. I was able to call and get them to fix it though, as it
> was only a couple of minutes.

Go back and see my prior comments Tom. I didn't agree or disagree with
Phillipe, I just said he was creating a false argument / complaint, as he
has in the past. Plus, per your comments above, they did take the extra step
and apply the credit.

Bob
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 12:01:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> > Forfend? That's a bit of an old word ... So, you are blaming SPCS for
>> > another carrier's delay in sending their bill to them for roaming calls?
>> > Last time I was in the Cayman Islands, it took 2 to 3 months for the
> calls
>> > to show up.
>> >
>>
>> Actually, I would have to agree with Phillip on this one. There is
>> absolutely NO reason why Sprint PCS can not see that if a given call
>> took place during a particular time frame, that it can not actually
>> apply it to the plan that was in force at that particular time.
>>
>> I had this problem back when they offered me the $10 for 50 roaming
>> minutes. I used it for one month and the charges didn't even all arive
>> until the next. I was able to call and get them to fix it though, as it
>> was only a couple of minutes.
>
> Go back and see my prior comments Tom. I didn't agree or disagree with
> Phillipe, I just said he was creating a false argument / complaint, as he
> has in the past. Plus, per your comments above, they did take the extra step
> and apply the credit.
>

Bob ... I left your prior comments exactly as you wrote them [above] and
it does not look like you supported the "false argument" accusation. It
does look to me like Phillip was saying what I agreed with, and that is
that Sprint PCS should credit minutes used to the plan month in which
they were used (meaing if I roam in July but don't get billed for the
minutes until September and I have since dropped F&CA, that is should
still apply to my F&CA as I had it in June at the time that I roamed).

- --

Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFAzgQU1p0e3NXsrtERAoeMAJ91r/BQPKpPwAOqIl2aRgOclvm1ZQCfVasT
+W5y3bPLxkwBq9FlROGdICA=
=SVZb
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 2:17:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Think you got it wrong.

"those minutes from the prior invoicing cycle will be
charged at the rate per minute for usage over included minutes provided
in the Service Plan in effect at the time the usage was incurred."

will be charged at the rate per minute for usage 'over' included minutes
provided= $.40/min over included mins currently on F&C plans of all types.

Chris

"Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
news:BTjzc.9212$Y3.6633@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> dantsoremove@yahoo.com wrote:
> > In article
> > <Y2FybmFs.967e56bf130728fedeb81de48de369ae@1087143470.nulluser.com>,
"dave" <>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Any one know if you can add the $5/mo roaming charge for
> >>"one month only"?
> >
> >
> > I believe it is permitted to put on FCA for just one month. The $5
version may
> > not be available to affliate markets. Also beware that since the roaming
usage
> > data is of course collected by another carrier first, then transmitted
to
> > Sprint for billing, that it can take days or weeks for this info to be
> > exchanged and that roaming usage hits your account only AFTER Sprint
> > has received it from the other carriers. That is, you get charged when
the
> > usage data hits your account, NOT the actual point in time of your
usage.
> > Therefore, particularly if your roaming usage is towards the end of your
> > billing cycle, you may need to leave on FCA for two months, to fully
cover
> > roaming usage from the prior month.
>
> Insightful, but only partly valid.
> From the Sprint T&Cs:
>
> Invoicing. Invoicing cycles are approximately 30 days in length.
> Invoicing cycles and dates may change from time to time. Except as
> otherwise provided in your Service Plan, monthly recurring charges
> (MRCs) are invoiced one invoicing cycle in advance. Charges for Services
> are usually invoiced as soon as possible after the charges accrue. We
> may, however, invoice you for usage and charges occurring before the
> invoicing cycle being invoiced, if they were not previously invoiced. If
> you are invoiced for usage incurred during a prior invoicing cycle,
> those minutes will be applied to your Service Plan minutes for the
> current invoicing cycle. However, if you change your PCS Service Plan
> between the time the usage was incurred and the beginning of the current
> invoicing cycle, those minutes from the prior invoicing cycle will be
> charged at the rate per minute for usage over included minutes provided
> in the Service Plan in effect at the time the usage was incurred.
>
> So, if I have F&C America on month one, roam during that month and the
> roaming is reported during month two, and if I've canceled F&C America
> that monrh, I will be billed under the F&C America rate, but use minutes
> from my month two bucket. For most plans, that means I'd use month two
> daytime minutes, but no per-minute roaming charges.
>
> -mike
Anonymous
June 30, 2004 12:19:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:45:42 GMT, "Bob Smith"
<usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Heaven forfend SprintPCS be customer friendly and billing according to
>> when the time was used. Didn't AT&T get sued over such a delayed billing
>> practice?
>
>Forfend? That's a bit of an old word ... So, you are blaming SPCS for
>another carrier's delay in sending their bill to them for roaming calls?
>Last time I was in the Cayman Islands, it took 2 to 3 months for the calls
>to show up.

Actually, in the specific case he is talking about, his point makes
sense. If I purchase a plan to have all roaming covered during a
specified time period, then all calls made during that period should
be covered, regardless of when the "other carrier" submits the charges
to Sprint. After all, the cost to Sprint is the same, regardless of
when they "get the bill", right?

>
>Once again, another false complaint Phillipe ...
>
>Bob
>

Deb
Anonymous
June 30, 2004 6:33:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Read the Terms of service and see that you are wrong. It doesn't matter
what anyone thinks is 'right', the TOS is the final word.

Chris

<ddm46@att.net> wrote in message
news:jl14e099ggftliush4ulk14vvtgb5hh5i6@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:45:42 GMT, "Bob Smith"
> <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >> Heaven forfend SprintPCS be customer friendly and billing according to
> >> when the time was used. Didn't AT&T get sued over such a delayed
billing
> >> practice?
> >
> >Forfend? That's a bit of an old word ... So, you are blaming SPCS for
> >another carrier's delay in sending their bill to them for roaming calls?
> >Last time I was in the Cayman Islands, it took 2 to 3 months for the
calls
> >to show up.
>
> Actually, in the specific case he is talking about, his point makes
> sense. If I purchase a plan to have all roaming covered during a
> specified time period, then all calls made during that period should
> be covered, regardless of when the "other carrier" submits the charges
> to Sprint. After all, the cost to Sprint is the same, regardless of
> when they "get the bill", right?
>
> >
> >Once again, another false complaint Phillipe ...
> >
> >Bob
> >
>
> Deb
Anonymous
June 30, 2004 3:23:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<bQmzc.375$w07.69@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:40cde26e$0$88954$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com...
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> > Hash: SHA1
> >
t
It is a little bit annoying, but with my f&ca which I use 200 or so
minutes a month, the last 2-3 days of a billing peroids usage, is
billed with the next months billing==I first noticed this upon checkng
my usuage on day 1 of a new billing cycle, and finding peak usage
indicated on the first day, even without the phone being on or
used---they were just delayed billed roaming minutes.---this might be
a problem with a 30 day add on---as much as ones saves with this, why
not leave it on for maybe 2 billing cycles--to take care of the delay?

While not perfect solution, I find it enables phone usage inside some
buidlings were the sprint signal just won't work.
!