McCartney concert

Last response: in Home Audio
February 6, 2005 11:45:15 PM

Hey, did anyone catch the Paul McCartney concert tonight on Fox? It was
preceded and followed by some sporting event. ;-)

It looked to me that it was done completely live, even the instruments. No
lip syncing. First SB halftime show I've seen in a long time that wasn't
lipsync'd. Remember Chubby Checker and the Super Bowl Twist? 1989, I think.
What a joke.

Thank you Sir Paul!
---
Matt Macchiarolo
mlmacchiarolo at comcast dot net
AIM screen name RTI1182

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty." -Edward R. Murrow
Democracy requires diversity in media: www.outfoxed.org

More about : mccartney concert

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 10:36:27 PM

ChuxGarage wrote:

> >There were no ticks and no air guitar playing. It was the real deal

> Yep. There was even a humble SM-57 on the snare drum, as God intended it.
> As an old fart of audio, it's nice to see someone doing a great job with a
> straight ahead approach. No gimmics, no tracks, no pitch correction
> technology, etc. Just talent and good musicianship. What a concept...

Y'all might want to see Bobby Owsinski's post this morning into
aapl-s...

Because he has the answer, and this isn't it. <g>

--
ha
Anonymous

hank alrich <walkinay@thegrid.net> wrote:
> ChuxGarage wrote:

> > >There were no ticks and no air guitar playing. It was the real deal

> > Yep. There was even a humble SM-57 on the snare drum, as God intended it.
> > As an old fart of audio, it's nice to see someone doing a great job with a
> > straight ahead approach. No gimmics, no tracks, no pitch correction
> > technology, etc. Just talent and good musicianship. What a concept...

> Y'all might want to see Bobby Owsinski's post this morning into
> aapl-s...

> Because he has the answer, and this isn't it. <g>

wow, synchronicity: I was just reading the same thing over on
www.velvetrope.com

--

-S
If you're a nut and knock on enough doors, eventually someone will open one,