/ Sign-up
Your question


  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • DVI
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 14, 2004 11:36:49 PM

Im a newb here, i was wondering if anyone could inform me on what exactly the following connections mean, and which on them is better.


Thanks in advance

More about : question

May 15, 2004 1:50:02 AM

A D-Sub is the same a a VGA connector, which is the typical connector you use when connecting a monitor to a graphics card. If you have a CRT monitor, look at the end of the cable and you will see a 15 pin male D-sub/VGA connector.

A DVI connector is one found on most graphics cards made in the last 3 years, in addition to the traditional VGA connector. It provides what many people think is a better overall image quality to LCDs which support it. For mor information on DVI, go to the following website:

<A HREF="" target="_new">;/A>