Supreme Commander on Cover of PC Gamer

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 18, 2005 9:41:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander made
the cover!
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 18, 2005 11:43:18 AM

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 05:41:41 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:

> Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander made
> the cover!

Please tell me it's not the swimsuit issue.

Bret
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 18, 2005 11:11:47 PM

"Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 05:41:41 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:
>
> > Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander
made
> > the cover!
>
> Please tell me it's not the swimsuit issue.

The truth is that Supreme Commander is the name of the next Total
Annhilation game.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 2, 2005 8:26:35 AM

Bill Huffman wrote:
> Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander made
> the cover!

i call bullshit.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 2, 2005 7:35:33 PM

"MajorFreak" <majorfreak@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Bill Huffman wrote:
> > Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander
made
> > the cover!
>
> i call bullshit.

Of course you're correct, at least in the first thought context! ;-)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 4, 2005 6:31:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)

--

gcisko@hotmail.com

"Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message

> "MajorFreak" <majorfreak@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Bill Huffman wrote:
>> > Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander
> made
>> > the cover!
>>
>> i call bullshit.
>
> Of course you're correct, at least in the first thought context! ;-)

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 5, 2005 2:56:09 AM

"Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p vednQZ5V6Hfe1XfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
> Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
> will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)

I'm still having fun exposing academic frauds, although the fraud known as
Derek Smart has fled so I have to settle for less amusing frauds.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 5, 2005 5:27:22 AM

news:D 8jye.11394$aA5.6695@tornado.socal.rr.com...

> "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:p vednQZ5V6Hfe1XfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
>> Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
>> will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)
>
> I'm still having fun exposing academic frauds, although the fraud known as
> Derek Smart has fled so I have to settle for less amusing frauds.

Nice hobby you got there. Now how about getting a life?

--

gcisko@hotmail.com
Anonymous

On or about 7/4/2005 11:27:22 PM, Greg Cisko <gcisko@hotmail.com> said:
> "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:D 8jye.11394$aA5.6695@tornado.socal.rr.com...
>>
>> "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:p vednQZ5V6Hfe1XfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
>>> Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
>>> will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)
>>
>> I'm still having fun exposing academic frauds, although the fraud known as
>> Derek Smart has fled so I have to settle for less amusing frauds.
>
> Nice hobby you got there. Now how about getting a life?

Pssssst, Bill -- I believe the customary response is: "Who the hell are
you?" HTH.

Besides, we wouldn't want you running off and getting a life. It sets a
bad example. I mean, think about it: what if everyone in the world went
and got a life -- then where would we be?

Not in Iraq, that's for damn sure.

Bret
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 5, 2005 6:02:39 PM

news:p uOse.21488$h86.12051@tornado.socal.rr.com...
> Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander made
> the cover!

LOL Huffman. I saw that issue and that was the first thing that went through my head. My
brain has been scarred for life.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 5, 2005 10:34:31 PM

> "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:D 8jye.11394$aA5.6695@tornado.socal.rr.com...
> >
> > "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:p vednQZ5V6Hfe1XfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
> >> Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
> >> will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)
> >
> > I'm still having fun exposing academic frauds, although the fraud known
as
> > Derek Smart has fled so I have to settle for less amusing frauds.
>
> Nice hobby you got there. Now how about getting a life?

You seem to be bothered by people that that think that academic fraud is
bad? Do you also have a problem with people that like model trains? How
about people that like to watch TV three or four hours a day? What kind of
hobbies do you have, Greg? I mean such a superior individual as yourself
must have very worthwhile hobbies like reading People magazine for two hours
a day? I like to hound academic frauds, play computer, and read? This is
apparently unacceptable to you? What do you suggest, since your opinion is
so valued around here?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 11, 2005 3:53:46 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

psycho stalker is somehow a legitimate hobby? good god, man, get real!
you're obsessed.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 22, 2005 7:50:56 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

i fail to see how i would need to use quotes in that context, ladies.

hmmmm...i wonder if DS will sue** over theft of trademark?

**-- i think that DS truly believes that an important official part of
"due process" is making copious threats about phoning lawyers, even if
the only person who'll listen to him is his mommy (after she's upped
his medication that is)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 22, 2005 7:55:08 AM

MajorFreak wrote:
> i fail to see how i would need to use quotes in that context, ladies.

referring to the psychostalker comment i made earlier

> hmmmm...i wonder if DS will sue** over theft of trademark?

referring to the title of this thread

>>> =P
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 27, 2005 4:25:51 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

hahahaahaaaaaaaaa

And as for the "learn to post" quip?

hahaahhaaaaaaaaa
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 27, 2005 6:59:36 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

pretty much germaine for the topic at hand, isn't it?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 28, 2005 2:04:30 AM

MajorFreak wrote:
> hahahaahaaaaaaaaa
>

> And as for the "learn to post" quip?
>

> hahaahhaaaaaaaaa

quip? you quip here?

that's so 90s
July 28, 2005 5:05:51 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On 27 Jul 2005 12:25:51 -0700, "MajorFreak"
<bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com> wrote:

>hahahaahaaaaaaaaa

What are you laughing at?

>And as for the "learn to post" quip?

Ah, your own ineptitude. Ok, as you were.

>hahaahhaaaaaaaaa

You already did that.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
July 28, 2005 5:07:08 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On 27 Jul 2005 14:59:36 -0700, "MajorFreak"
<bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com> wrote:

>pretty much germaine for the topic at hand, isn't it?

It's always September somewhere on the net.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 28, 2005 9:26:01 PM

MajorFreak wrote:
> pretty much germaine for the topic at hand, isn't it?

you call this a topic?

how sad.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 28, 2005 10:49:33 PM

"VT2" <VT2Dancougar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Has the Smarty man fled the flame war for good, or is he still around?

He appears on some web forums sometimes and tries to bash his publisher or
something and then disappears in the apparent hope that his lies won't be so
easily exposed. He no longer seems to post on Usenet though.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 12:06:38 AM

Lemming wrote:

> Lemming
> Curiosity may have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Isn't it about time you chose a new sig? :-)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 9:29:41 PM

Bill Huffman wrote:

> "VT2" <VT2Dancougar@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Has the Smarty man fled the flame war for good, or is he still around?
>

> He appears on some web forums sometimes and tries to bash his publisher or
> something and then disappears in the apparent hope that his lies won't be so
> easily exposed. He no longer seems to post on Usenet though.

so you're still stalking him?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 3:14:17 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:06:38 +0300, Jan Knutar <shadowjksp@yahoo.se>
wrote:

>Lemming wrote:
>
>> Lemming
>> Curiosity may have killed Schrodinger's cat.
>
>Isn't it about time you chose a new sig? :-)

He did. But until you observe it, it really doesn't exist.

Allan
August 2, 2005 6:37:19 AM

wrote:

>Lemming wrote:
>
>> Lemming
>> Curiosity may have killed Schrodinger's cat.
>
>Isn't it about time you chose a new sig? :-)

No.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 9:22:44 AM

"Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
> Bill Huffman wrote:
>
> > "VT2" <VT2Dancougar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Has the Smarty man fled the flame war for good, or is he still around?
> >

> > He appears on some web forums sometimes and tries to bash his publisher
or
> > something and then disappears in the apparent hope that his lies won't
be so
> > easily exposed. He no longer seems to post on Usenet though.
> >

> so you're still stalking him?

I don't post but have read a few and laughed. If he claimed his bogus
degrees then I'd probably post the truth though.
August 5, 2005 3:43:55 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:02:09 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>Is there any sort of consensus on Eccleston as the Doctor?

Consensus is probably overstating it somewhat, but I liked him. He's
no Tom Baker, but he was a heck of a lot better then Silvester Mccoy,
Colin Baker, Peter Davison and Jon Pertwee put together.

Discuss.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 5, 2005 3:43:56 AM

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:43:55 +0100, Lemming wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:02:09 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Is there any sort of consensus on Eccleston as the Doctor?
>
> Consensus is probably overstating it somewhat, but I liked him.

That's good enough for me. (You still have some unspent aesthetic capital
for recommending "The Wicker Man).

I've only seen the one episode, and the script called for Eccleston to be
more passionately aggressive than I would have expected.

> He's no Tom Baker,

"You have a woman's leg!"

> but he was a heck of a lot better then Silvester Mccoy,
> Colin Baker, Peter Davison and Jon Pertwee put together.

I hope to be able to catch another episode soon. I must admit that it
seems odd to watch Dr. Who with .... well .... actual special effects.

> Discuss.

Oh, err ... shotput.

Bret
August 5, 2005 3:47:01 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 05:22:44 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
wrote:

>"Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
>> Bill Huffman wrote:
>>
>> > "VT2" <VT2Dancougar@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > He appears on some web forums sometimes and tries to bash his publisher
>or
>> > something and then disappears in the apparent hope that his lies won't
>be so
>> > easily exposed. He no longer seems to post on Usenet though.
>> >

>> so you're still stalking him?
>
>I don't post but have read a few and laughed. If he claimed his bogus
>degrees then I'd probably post the truth though.

It's an interesting question: at what point to vigilantism (as applied
to academic fraud, in this case) become stalking? At what point does
anti-vigilantism amount to stalking?

At least Bill has a purpose. What is your purpose in stalking Bill,
Ries?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
August 5, 2005 4:07:19 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:58:48 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:43:55 +0100, Lemming wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:02:09 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any sort of consensus on Eccleston as the Doctor?
>>
>> Consensus is probably overstating it somewhat, but I liked him.
>
>That's good enough for me. (You still have some unspent aesthetic capital
>for recommending "The Wicker Man).

You enjoyed it (tWM) then?

>I've only seen the one episode, and the script called for Eccleston to be
>more passionately aggressive than I would have expected.

I suspect Eccleston called for Eccleston to be passionately agressive.
E's on the rise; did very well in "The Second Coming" (superb drama,
catch it if you can, and get all your creationist, mid-western friends
like Ries to watch it with you) but sadly getting a bit too big for
his boots; my prediction si he'll disappear without trace, regretting
forever his decision to drop Dr. Who so quickly.

>> He's no Tom Baker,
>
>"You have a woman's leg!"
>
>> but he was a heck of a lot better then Silvester Mccoy,
>> Colin Baker, Peter Davison and Jon Pertwee put together.
>
>I hope to be able to catch another episode soon. I must admit that it
>seems odd to watch Dr. Who with .... well .... actual special effects.

Yeah, I agree, the "special effects" spoil it somewhat.

>> Discuss.
>
>Oh, err ... shotput.

Do you ever sleep?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 5, 2005 9:58:33 PM

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:03:22 +0200, Ries <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote:

>You mean rose?

Is that Billie Piper?
I definitely would.

>No, and in the last episode of the series she will save
>earth from an Dalek invasion. She IS bad wolf.

Saves me watching it, which I wouldn't have done anyway, unless Rose
got her tits out.

br d
August 5, 2005 10:39:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:58:33 +0100, br d
<misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:03:22 +0200, Ries <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote:
>

>>You mean rose?
>
>Is that Billie Piper?
>I definitely would.
>
>>No, and in the last episode of the series she will save
>>earth from an Dalek invasion. She IS bad wolf.
>
>Saves me watching it, which I wouldn't have done anyway, unless Rose
>got her tits out.

That was in the second episode.

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
August 6, 2005 4:23:28 AM

"Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> That was in the second episode.

Attack of the Silicones?

// Xan, Ph.D.
// I worship His Shadow.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 10, 2005 9:28:01 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 18:39:00 +0100, Lemming
<thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:58:33 +0100, br d
><misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:03:22 +0200, Ries <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote:
>>

>>>You mean rose?
>>
>>Is that Billie Piper?
>>I definitely would.
>>
>>>No, and in the last episode of the series she will save
>>>earth from an Dalek invasion. She IS bad wolf.
>>
>>Saves me watching it, which I wouldn't have done anyway, unless Rose
>>got her tits out.
>
>That was in the second episode.
>
>Lemming

You're alive then? Remind me one day to show you how email works you
Northern bastard!

HOW EMAIL WORKS:
You answer them you dimlow.

The trip out is all academic anyway now mate. Went out on Sunday to a
friends farm, was doing a bit of kiting and a bit of drinking, very
pleasant. The guy who owns the farm had on of those Dune Buggies, a
two seater job with a roll cage, quite a hefty thing. We all thrashed
it around the fields and good fun was had by all. Then I got in with
Paul (Nat's boyfriend) who drove like a complete, pissed-up twat. I
warned him, I said "You're going to roll this!". He rolled it. I ended
up trapped underneath. Got a broken arm, some cracked ribs and me foot
looks like you've been dancing on it in your clogs. No driving for at
least 4 weeks. Went back to work today but it's ruined me, going to
have to take tomorrow off. Got to start physio in a few weeks cos it's
a dodgy break on the ball joint up at my shoulder, no chance of
getting away. Sorry dude. If you still fancy coming down for a beer at
some point I could use the cheering up. Not till I've finished me
pills though.

And worst of all, they reckon I won't be kiting for months, because I
won't be able to get the arm up above my shoulder. Depressing stuff.
And I suppose my already vanishingly small chances of shagging Billie
Piper are right out now.

And how's things in your neck of? Still working yourself to death?

br d
!