Supreme Commander on Cover of PC Gamer

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander made
the cover!
33 answers Last reply
More about supreme commander cover gamer
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 05:41:41 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:

    > Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander made
    > the cover!

    Please tell me it's not the swimsuit issue.

    Bret
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
    news:nd4vmxzyru9j$.klixpjuyb04t$.dlg@40tude.net...
    > On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 05:41:41 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:
    >
    > > Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander
    made
    > > the cover!
    >
    > Please tell me it's not the swimsuit issue.

    The truth is that Supreme Commander is the name of the next Total
    Annhilation game.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Bill Huffman wrote:
    > Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander made
    > the cover!

    i call bullshit.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "MajorFreak" <majorfreak@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1120303595.146683.90490@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >
    >
    > Bill Huffman wrote:
    > > Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander
    made
    > > the cover!
    >
    > i call bullshit.

    Of course you're correct, at least in the first thought context! ;-)
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
    will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)

    --

    gcisko@hotmail.com


    "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:9vyxe.6781$aA5.862@tornado.socal.rr.com...
    >
    > "MajorFreak" <majorfreak@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:1120303595.146683.90490@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >>
    >>
    >> Bill Huffman wrote:
    >> > Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander
    > made
    >> > the cover!
    >>
    >> i call bullshit.
    >
    > Of course you're correct, at least in the first thought context! ;-)
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:pvednQZ5V6Hfe1XfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
    > Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
    > will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)

    I'm still having fun exposing academic frauds, although the fraud known as
    Derek Smart has fled so I have to settle for less amusing frauds.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:d8jye.11394$aA5.6695@tornado.socal.rr.com...
    >
    > "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:pvednQZ5V6Hfe1XfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
    >> Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
    >> will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)
    >
    > I'm still having fun exposing academic frauds, although the fraud known as
    > Derek Smart has fled so I have to settle for less amusing frauds.

    Nice hobby you got there. Now how about getting a life?

    --

    gcisko@hotmail.com
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On or about 7/4/2005 11:27:22 PM, Greg Cisko <gcisko@hotmail.com> said:
    > "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    > news:d8jye.11394$aA5.6695@tornado.socal.rr.com...
    >>
    >> "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> news:pvednQZ5V6Hfe1XfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
    >>> Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
    >>> will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)
    >>
    >> I'm still having fun exposing academic frauds, although the fraud known as
    >> Derek Smart has fled so I have to settle for less amusing frauds.
    >
    > Nice hobby you got there. Now how about getting a life?

    Pssssst, Bill -- I believe the customary response is: "Who the hell are
    you?" HTH.

    Besides, we wouldn't want you running off and getting a life. It sets a
    bad example. I mean, think about it: what if everyone in the world went
    and got a life -- then where would we be?

    Not in Iraq, that's for damn sure.

    Bret
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:puOse.21488$h86.12051@tornado.socal.rr.com...
    > Wow, I just got my August copy of PC Gamer and the Supreme Commander made
    > the cover!
    >
    >


    LOL Huffman. I saw that issue and that was the first thing that went through my head. My
    brain has been scarred for life.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:7KadnQrX4ZI3tVffRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
    > "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    > news:d8jye.11394$aA5.6695@tornado.socal.rr.com...
    > >
    > > "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > news:pvednQZ5V6Hfe1XfRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
    > >> Are you still on this guys ass? Come up with some thing new and it
    > >> will not be seen as psychotic. IMHO :-)
    > >
    > > I'm still having fun exposing academic frauds, although the fraud known
    as
    > > Derek Smart has fled so I have to settle for less amusing frauds.
    >
    > Nice hobby you got there. Now how about getting a life?

    You seem to be bothered by people that that think that academic fraud is
    bad? Do you also have a problem with people that like model trains? How
    about people that like to watch TV three or four hours a day? What kind of
    hobbies do you have, Greg? I mean such a superior individual as yourself
    must have very worthwhile hobbies like reading People magazine for two hours
    a day? I like to hound academic frauds, play computer, and read? This is
    apparently unacceptable to you? What do you suggest, since your opinion is
    so valued around here?
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    psycho stalker is somehow a legitimate hobby? good god, man, get real!
    you're obsessed.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    i fail to see how i would need to use quotes in that context, ladies.

    hmmmm...i wonder if DS will sue** over theft of trademark?


    **-- i think that DS truly believes that an important official part of
    "due process" is making copious threats about phoning lawyers, even if
    the only person who'll listen to him is his mommy (after she's upped
    his medication that is)
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    MajorFreak wrote:
    > i fail to see how i would need to use quotes in that context, ladies.

    referring to the psychostalker comment i made earlier

    >
    > hmmmm...i wonder if DS will sue** over theft of trademark?
    >
    referring to the title of this thread


    >>> =P
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    hahahaahaaaaaaaaa


    And as for the "learn to post" quip?


    hahaahhaaaaaaaaa
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    pretty much germaine for the topic at hand, isn't it?
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    MajorFreak wrote:
    > hahahaahaaaaaaaaa
    >
    >
    > And as for the "learn to post" quip?
    >
    >
    > hahaahhaaaaaaaaa
    >

    quip? you quip here?

    that's so 90s
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 27 Jul 2005 12:25:51 -0700, "MajorFreak"
    <bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >hahahaahaaaaaaaaa

    What are you laughing at?

    >And as for the "learn to post" quip?

    Ah, your own ineptitude. Ok, as you were.

    >hahaahhaaaaaaaaa

    You already did that.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On 27 Jul 2005 14:59:36 -0700, "MajorFreak"
    <bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >pretty much germaine for the topic at hand, isn't it?

    It's always September somewhere on the net.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    MajorFreak wrote:
    > pretty much germaine for the topic at hand, isn't it?
    >

    you call this a topic?

    how sad.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "VT2" <VT2Dancougar@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:aa3dbb9d.0507271420.63565cd1@posting.google.com...
    ....
    > Has the Smarty man fled the flame war for good, or is he still around?

    He appears on some web forums sometimes and tries to bash his publisher or
    something and then disappears in the apparent hope that his lies won't be so
    easily exposed. He no longer seems to post on Usenet though.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Lemming wrote:

    > Lemming
    > Curiosity may have killed Schrodinger's cat.

    Isn't it about time you chose a new sig? :-)
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    Bill Huffman wrote:

    > "VT2" <VT2Dancougar@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:aa3dbb9d.0507271420.63565cd1@posting.google.com...
    > ...
    >
    >>Has the Smarty man fled the flame war for good, or is he still around?
    >
    >
    > He appears on some web forums sometimes and tries to bash his publisher or
    > something and then disappears in the apparent hope that his lies won't be so
    > easily exposed. He no longer seems to post on Usenet though.
    >
    >

    so you're still stalking him?
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:06:38 +0300, Jan Knutar <shadowjksp@yahoo.se>
    wrote:

    >Lemming wrote:
    >
    >> Lemming
    >> Curiosity may have killed Schrodinger's cat.
    >
    >Isn't it about time you chose a new sig? :-)


    He did. But until you observe it, it really doesn't exist.

    Allan
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:06:38 +0300, Jan Knutar <shadowjksp@yahoo.se>
    wrote:

    >Lemming wrote:
    >
    >> Lemming
    >> Curiosity may have killed Schrodinger's cat.
    >
    >Isn't it about time you chose a new sig? :-)

    No.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
    news:c4388$42ee3ffc$52ade795$4448@news.versatel.nl...
    > Bill Huffman wrote:
    >
    > > "VT2" <VT2Dancougar@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > news:aa3dbb9d.0507271420.63565cd1@posting.google.com...
    > > ...
    > >
    > >>Has the Smarty man fled the flame war for good, or is he still around?
    > >
    > >
    > > He appears on some web forums sometimes and tries to bash his publisher
    or
    > > something and then disappears in the apparent hope that his lies won't
    be so
    > > easily exposed. He no longer seems to post on Usenet though.
    > >
    > >
    >
    > so you're still stalking him?

    I don't post but have read a few and laughed. If he claimed his bogus
    degrees then I'd probably post the truth though.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:02:09 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >Is there any sort of consensus on Eccleston as the Doctor?

    Consensus is probably overstating it somewhat, but I liked him. He's
    no Tom Baker, but he was a heck of a lot better then Silvester Mccoy,
    Colin Baker, Peter Davison and Jon Pertwee put together.

    Discuss.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:43:55 +0100, Lemming wrote:

    > On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:02:09 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Is there any sort of consensus on Eccleston as the Doctor?
    >
    > Consensus is probably overstating it somewhat, but I liked him.

    That's good enough for me. (You still have some unspent aesthetic capital
    for recommending "The Wicker Man).

    I've only seen the one episode, and the script called for Eccleston to be
    more passionately aggressive than I would have expected.

    > He's no Tom Baker,

    "You have a woman's leg!"

    > but he was a heck of a lot better then Silvester Mccoy,
    > Colin Baker, Peter Davison and Jon Pertwee put together.

    I hope to be able to catch another episode soon. I must admit that it
    seems odd to watch Dr. Who with .... well .... actual special effects.

    > Discuss.

    Oh, err ... shotput.

    Bret
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 05:22:44 GMT, "Bill Huffman" <bhuffma1@san.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
    >news:c4388$42ee3ffc$52ade795$4448@news.versatel.nl...
    >> Bill Huffman wrote:
    >>
    >> > "VT2" <VT2Dancougar@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > news:aa3dbb9d.0507271420.63565cd1@posting.google.com...
    >> > ...
    >> >
    >> >>Has the Smarty man fled the flame war for good, or is he still around?
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > He appears on some web forums sometimes and tries to bash his publisher
    >or
    >> > something and then disappears in the apparent hope that his lies won't
    >be so
    >> > easily exposed. He no longer seems to post on Usenet though.
    >> >
    >> >
    >>
    >> so you're still stalking him?
    >
    >I don't post but have read a few and laughed. If he claimed his bogus
    >degrees then I'd probably post the truth though.

    It's an interesting question: at what point to vigilantism (as applied
    to academic fraud, in this case) become stalking? At what point does
    anti-vigilantism amount to stalking?

    At least Bill has a purpose. What is your purpose in stalking Bill,
    Ries?

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:58:48 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:43:55 +0100, Lemming wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:02:09 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there any sort of consensus on Eccleston as the Doctor?
    >>
    >> Consensus is probably overstating it somewhat, but I liked him.
    >
    >That's good enough for me. (You still have some unspent aesthetic capital
    >for recommending "The Wicker Man).

    You enjoyed it (tWM) then?

    >I've only seen the one episode, and the script called for Eccleston to be
    >more passionately aggressive than I would have expected.

    I suspect Eccleston called for Eccleston to be passionately agressive.
    E's on the rise; did very well in "The Second Coming" (superb drama,
    catch it if you can, and get all your creationist, mid-western friends
    like Ries to watch it with you) but sadly getting a bit too big for
    his boots; my prediction si he'll disappear without trace, regretting
    forever his decision to drop Dr. Who so quickly.

    >> He's no Tom Baker,
    >
    >"You have a woman's leg!"
    >
    >> but he was a heck of a lot better then Silvester Mccoy,
    >> Colin Baker, Peter Davison and Jon Pertwee put together.
    >
    >I hope to be able to catch another episode soon. I must admit that it
    >seems odd to watch Dr. Who with .... well .... actual special effects.

    Yeah, I agree, the "special effects" spoil it somewhat.

    >> Discuss.
    >
    >Oh, err ... shotput.

    Do you ever sleep?

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:03:22 +0200, Ries <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote:


    >You mean rose?

    Is that Billie Piper?
    I definitely would.

    >No, and in the last episode of the series she will save
    >earth from an Dalek invasion. She IS bad wolf.

    Saves me watching it, which I wouldn't have done anyway, unless Rose
    got her tits out.

    br d
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:58:33 +0100, br d
    <misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:03:22 +0200, Ries <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>You mean rose?
    >
    >Is that Billie Piper?
    >I definitely would.
    >
    >>No, and in the last episode of the series she will save
    >>earth from an Dalek invasion. She IS bad wolf.
    >
    >Saves me watching it, which I wouldn't have done anyway, unless Rose
    >got her tits out.

    That was in the second episode.

    Lemming
    --
    Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    "Lemming" <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:c097f1d6d1s50v1uvrkknve97vbg600dst@4ax.com...
    > That was in the second episode.

    Attack of the Silicones?

    // Xan, Ph.D.
    // I worship His Shadow.
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 18:39:00 +0100, Lemming
    <thiswillbounce@bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:58:33 +0100, br d
    ><misterbCOCKNEYTWAT@nildram.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:03:22 +0200, Ries <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>You mean rose?
    >>
    >>Is that Billie Piper?
    >>I definitely would.
    >>
    >>>No, and in the last episode of the series she will save
    >>>earth from an Dalek invasion. She IS bad wolf.
    >>
    >>Saves me watching it, which I wouldn't have done anyway, unless Rose
    >>got her tits out.
    >
    >That was in the second episode.
    >
    >Lemming

    You're alive then? Remind me one day to show you how email works you
    Northern bastard!

    HOW EMAIL WORKS:
    You answer them you dimlow.

    The trip out is all academic anyway now mate. Went out on Sunday to a
    friends farm, was doing a bit of kiting and a bit of drinking, very
    pleasant. The guy who owns the farm had on of those Dune Buggies, a
    two seater job with a roll cage, quite a hefty thing. We all thrashed
    it around the fields and good fun was had by all. Then I got in with
    Paul (Nat's boyfriend) who drove like a complete, pissed-up twat. I
    warned him, I said "You're going to roll this!". He rolled it. I ended
    up trapped underneath. Got a broken arm, some cracked ribs and me foot
    looks like you've been dancing on it in your clogs. No driving for at
    least 4 weeks. Went back to work today but it's ruined me, going to
    have to take tomorrow off. Got to start physio in a few weeks cos it's
    a dodgy break on the ball joint up at my shoulder, no chance of
    getting away. Sorry dude. If you still fancy coming down for a beer at
    some point I could use the cheering up. Not till I've finished me
    pills though.

    And worst of all, they reckon I won't be kiting for months, because I
    won't be able to get the arm up above my shoulder. Depressing stuff.
    And I suppose my already vanishingly small chances of shagging Billie
    Piper are right out now.

    And how's things in your neck of? Still working yourself to death?

    br d
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming World Of Warcraft Games IBM Video Games