X-wing Alliance -- Backdrop Clipping

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

I recently reinstalled X-wing Alliance on my XP Home computer, and
although everything works fine in software render mode, whenever I use
the hardware render, the space back-drop/background clips all the other
polygons on the screen. All the textures and the game work fine
(except for the annoying text problem), but I'd hate to have to play
X-wing Alliance in 640 x 480, with no Direct3D. Can anyone help?

I'm running:

MS Windows XP Home SP2
AMD Athlon64 3500+ (939)
ATI X800 XT 256MB AGP PowerColor
1GB pc3200 RAM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

I feel lame! Nevermind, I updated my graphics driver and everything
works flawlessly. Even the text! I was using an older 5.1 catalyst
driver so that Battlefield 2 could run smoothly. Happy gaming
everyone. =)