Parkan II looks promising

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:08:48 GMT, "DocScorpio"
<docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> wrote:

>Sounds and looks interesting. Maybe some competition for the next X
>iteration. Do I get a sense of deja vu when I read about all the things
>you'll be able to do? Reminds me of some other game(s)...... :) Trailer
>and info at:
>
>http://games.softpedia.com/get/Trailer/Parkan-II-Trailer.shtml

Downloading the trailer at the moment but am only getting around 20KB/s.

"Memnoch" <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:08:48 GMT, "DocScorpio"
> <docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> wrote:
>
>>Sounds and looks interesting. Maybe some competition for the next X
>>iteration. Do I get a sense of deja vu when I read about all the things
>>you'll be able to do? Reminds me of some other game(s)...... :) Trailer
>>and info at:
>>
>>http://games.softpedia.com/get/Trailer/Parkan-II-Trailer.shtml
>
> Downloading the trailer at the moment but am only getting around 20KB/s.

Well, you're ahead of me. I tried to dl it a few mins ago, but got an error
msg (probably my firewall or something). I love "Parkan: Imperial
Chronicles," and was the official "fanboi" here for it in the 1999
timeframe. Parkan II sounds promising and I'll buy it on the strength of my
experience with the first game. I even bought "Parkan: Iron Strategy"
which takes place in the same universe, though it's a "Battlezone"-type game
(only not as good).

"DocScorpio" <docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> wrote in message

> "Memnoch" <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:08:48 GMT, "DocScorpio"
>> <docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Sounds and looks interesting. Maybe some competition for the next X
>>>iteration. Do I get a sense of deja vu when I read about all the things
>>>you'll be able to do? Reminds me of some other game(s)...... :)
>>>Trailer
>>>and info at:
>>>
>>>http://games.softpedia.com/get/Trailer/Parkan-II-Trailer.shtml
>>
>> Downloading the trailer at the moment but am only getting around 20KB/s.
>
> Well, you're ahead of me. I tried to dl it a few mins ago, but got an
> error msg (probably my firewall or something). I love "Parkan: Imperial
> Chronicles," and was the official "fanboi" here for it in the 1999
> timeframe. Parkan II sounds promising and I'll buy it on the strength of
> my experience with the first game. I even bought "Parkan: Iron Strategy"
> which takes place in the same universe, though it's a "Battlezone"-type
> game (only not as good).

Got it downloaded and it looks pretty good. Looks like you'll have the
ability to disable and board (in FPS mode) enemy ships, just as in the first
game. Ground stuff looks ok too; maybe a marriage between "Imperial
Chronicles" and "Iron Strategy" concepts. On the downside: are we still
fighting only robots? C'mon Nikita, we want to chunk it up. "Blood for the
Blood God!" a la WH40K.