Vendetta Online

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Has anyone tried this....

www.vendetta-online.com

Looks kind of interesting. They even claim to have a physics (inertia,
newtonian, or whatever you want to call it) flight model.

FLY135 wrote:
> Has anyone tried this....
>
> www.vendetta-online.com
>
> Looks kind of interesting. They even claim to have a physics (inertia,
> newtonian, or whatever you want to call it) flight model.

I played it for a few weeks last month.

There is a small but active group of players online. Most of them do
PvP, which works pretty well given that there are plenty of ships and
weapons to choose from.

Unfortunately, while PvP works fine the PvE is nearly nonexistent.
Money is never a problem at all since the trade economy is broken and
the most expensive ships are mere pocket change in comparison to what
half an hour of trading can bring in.

What NPCs there are to kill don't offer much fun either. Combat verses
computer opponents tends to be either way too easy or impossible.

The game just seems unfinished. Players tend to role play to make up
for what is lacking in terms of content. I payed another player 10
million credits for a trading tip that I didn't really need just so I
had something to work towards -- paying off my debt. It's common to see
groups of players announce where they are so the PKers will come over
and make whatever they're doing more challenging. For me it's just not
worth spending time on.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Thanx for the info. They have a free trial so I may give it a go.

TRENDING THREADS