Treo 600 Questions

Last response: in Network Providers
June 17, 2004 1:45:21 PM

Considering buying this phone/PDA. Need to access my coprorate email whih I
understand is accomplished via an internet connection between desktop at
work(running business connection software) and the Treo. My question is: can
this be accomplished from an international location, say, Canada? I think
the Sprint version of the Treo is only CDMA and not GSM?GPRS. If so, the
phone won't work out of the US, right? Does Sprint offer a multi-band
version like T-Mobile does?
-Mark

More about : treo 600 questions

Anonymous
June 17, 2004 5:55:21 PM

In article <40d1a072$0$3005$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>,
"MRS" <tabcourt@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Considering buying this phone/PDA. Need to access my coprorate email whih I
> understand is accomplished via an internet connection between desktop at
> work(running business connection software) and the Treo. My question is: can
> this be accomplished from an international location, say, Canada? I think
> the Sprint version of the Treo is only CDMA and not GSM?GPRS. If so, the
> phone won't work out of the US, right? Does Sprint offer a multi-band
> version like T-Mobile does?

If you require GSM capability to use in Canada, then the SprintPCS Treo
600 is not for you.It does not have GSM, and it does not have Analog
capability.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 11:45:04 AM

The Sprint Treo 600 (CDMA) will work fine on 1900 and 800 CDMA for voice
calls in the heavily-populated portions of Canada, roaming on Bell
Canada and Telus. However, I don't know if the data portion of the
phone will work in Canada. I was in Niagara Falls, ON last month and
while my phone roamed fine on Bell Canada (1900 CDMA), I neglected to
check if PCS Vision worked there.

The Sprint Treo 600 is "multi-band" by one definition - it does CDMA at
800 and 1900 MHz. Unfortunately, "Multi-band" can mean whatever a
provider wants it to mean. The T-Mobile Treo 600 does GSM at 800 and
1900 for the North America and 900 and 1800 for Europe.

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 8:10:57 PM

In article <cb1jhe$ojm$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>,
Frank Harris <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote:

> The Sprint Treo 600 (CDMA) will work fine on 1900 and 800 CDMA for voice
> calls in the heavily-populated portions of Canada, roaming on Bell
> Canada and Telus. However, I don't know if the data portion of the
> phone will work in Canada. I was in Niagara Falls, ON last month and
> while my phone roamed fine on Bell Canada (1900 CDMA), I neglected to
> check if PCS Vision worked there.
>
> The Sprint Treo 600 is "multi-band" by one definition - it does CDMA at
> 800 and 1900 MHz. Unfortunately, "Multi-band" can mean whatever a
> provider wants it to mean. The T-Mobile Treo 600 does GSM at 800 and
> 1900 for the North America and 900 and 1800 for Europe.

and neither does Analog for roaming in rural areas of the United States.
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 9:11:34 PM

Actually the GSM version of the Treo 600 is quad-band (850, 900, 1800, and 1900).

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-8BAA5B.11105719062004@news02.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <cb1jhe$ojm$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>,
> Frank Harris <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote:
>
> > The Sprint Treo 600 (CDMA) will work fine on 1900 and 800 CDMA for voice
> > calls in the heavily-populated portions of Canada, roaming on Bell
> > Canada and Telus. However, I don't know if the data portion of the
> > phone will work in Canada. I was in Niagara Falls, ON last month and
> > while my phone roamed fine on Bell Canada (1900 CDMA), I neglected to
> > check if PCS Vision worked there.
> >
> > The Sprint Treo 600 is "multi-band" by one definition - it does CDMA at
> > 800 and 1900 MHz. Unfortunately, "Multi-band" can mean whatever a
> > provider wants it to mean. The T-Mobile Treo 600 does GSM at 800 and
> > 1900 for the North America and 900 and 1800 for Europe.
>
> and neither does Analog for roaming in rural areas of the United States.
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 5:42:49 AM

In article <480ea63d.0406221611.7c8c4713@posting.google.com>,
invalid_jimpoon@canada.com (Jim Poon) wrote:

> Actually the GSM version of the Treo 600 is quad-band (850, 900, 1800, and
> 1900).

and none of those are Analog.
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 7:22:50 PM

Yes, I forgot to mention that. This something that people must
consider if they want to purchase a GSM Treo 600 (whether they need
analog service or not). I don't since the area that I frequent with my
cellphone has digital coverage so I don't have a problem with not
having analogue service.

!