Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Hi all,

I'd just like to let you all know about a game you might be interested
in.

One of the design goals for Axiomatic was to make it a bit like an FPS
in space. As such, there is plenty of action and lots of big and
beautiful explosions. :)

Unlike in many past space combat games I've played, flying a fighter in
Axiomatic does not feel like driving a truck. Fighters are fast and
agile, so effective movement and positioning become much more important
for combat effectiveness. Even after playing my game all through
development, I still find it quite exhilarating and fun.

Anyway, if you are interested in space combat games, head on over to
http://ten-ninjas.com
to try out the demo.

Here are some screenshots:
http://img274.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boom21dg.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kill4di.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot20sq.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?...tarfire35xj.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?...mination0la.jpg

I'm really looking forward to your feedback!
Since you're talking directly to the developer, good suggestions might
make it into the next version.

Best regards,
Paul Bridger
Ten Ninjas Game Development

gus

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003

<paul.bridger@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'd just like to let you all know about a game you might be interested
> in.
>
> One of the design goals for Axiomatic was to make it a bit like an FPS
> in space. As such, there is plenty of action and lots of big and
> beautiful explosions. :)
>
> Unlike in many past space combat games I've played, flying a fighter in
> Axiomatic does not feel like driving a truck. Fighters are fast and
> agile, so effective movement and positioning become much more important
> for combat effectiveness. Even after playing my game all through
> development, I still find it quite exhilarating and fun.
>
> Anyway, if you are interested in space combat games, head on over to
> http://ten-ninjas.com
> to try out the demo.
>
> Here are some screenshots:
> http://img274.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boom21dg.jpg
> http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kill4di.jpg
> http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot20sq.jpg
> http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?...tarfire35xj.jpg
> http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?...mination0la.jpg
>
> I'm really looking forward to your feedback!
> Since you're talking directly to the developer, good suggestions might
> make it into the next version.
>
> Best regards,
> Paul Bridger
> Ten Ninjas Game Development

I downloaded the demo, but I was unable to unpause the game using the "P"
key. I tried switching keys, but to no avail.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
Gus

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Thanks Gus, for the only on-topic post in this thread. :)

I think there is some confusion because when you start a scenario you
are in "command-mode" where the game is paused, but you can also cycle
between the available friendly ships with <tab>. You exit command mode
with <backspace> (this info should be displayed right there on the
screen).

Once you start the action, P will toggle pause.

I'll remove the distinction between these two types of pause in a
future release.

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On 2 Sep 2005 19:45:16 -0700, "paul.bridger@gmail.com"
<paul.bridger@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Paul,

>Thanks Gus, for the only on-topic post in this thread. :)

I'm not sure what Gus said, but whatever it was, if it was on-topic
then it is to be applauded.

>I think there is some confusion because when you start a scenario you
>are in "command-mode" where the game is paused, but you can also cycle
>between the available friendly ships with <tab>. You exit command mode
>with <backspace> (this info should be displayed right there on the
>screen).

I'm certainly confused. Why did you write that? Did Gus ask about
pausing?

>Once you start the action, P will toggle pause.
>
>I'll remove the distinction between these two types of pause in a
>future release.

Thank goodness!

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

"Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:CLKSe.3004$Di4.583@trnddc07...
> Learn to quote, fool
>
> *BING*
>
> // Xan, Ph.D.
> // I worship His Shadow.

Are you saying that Lemming is a fool that Bret is supposed to learn to
post? Or perhaps he's supposed to quote me since I'm surely a fool?

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:07:13 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:

> "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:CLKSe.3004$Di4.583@trnddc07...
>> Learn to quote, fool
>>
>> *BING*
>>
>> // Xan, Ph.D.
>> // I worship His Shadow.
>
> Are you saying that Lemming is a fool that Bret is supposed to learn to
> post? Or perhaps he's supposed to quote me since I'm surely a fool?

Believe it or not, it isn't always about you you, Bill.

Rather, in lieu of the awkward punctuation throughout, I believe the poster
is trying to say: "Learn to quote Fool Bing Zan" (an obvious reference to
the famous Chinese poet I've never heard of, Bing Zin).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_Xin

Breeet

"Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:07:13 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:
>
> > "Xan" <me@1.com> wrote in message news:CLKSe.3004$Di4.583@trnddc07...
> >> Learn to quote, fool
> >>
> >> *BING*
> >>
> >> // Xan, Ph.D.
> >> // I worship His Shadow.
> >
> > Are you saying that Lemming is a fool that Bret is supposed to learn to
> > post? Or perhaps he's supposed to quote me since I'm surely a fool?
>
> Believe it or not, it isn't always about you you, Bill.

Now you're just being silly. That's okay though because I made you do it.

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 05:33:52 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:

> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

>>> Are you saying that Lemming is a fool that Bret is supposed to learn to
>>> post? Or perhaps he's supposed to quote me since I'm surely a fool?
>>
>> Believe it or not, it isn't always about you you, Bill.
>
> Now you're just being silly. That's okay though because I made you do it.

I wish you would give me better lines.

Bret

Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> writes:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 05:33:52 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:
>
>> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

>>> Believe it or not, it isn't always about you you, Bill.
>>
>> Now you're just being silly. That's okay though because I made you do it.
>
> I wish you would give me better lines.

You got the wombat suit, what more do you want?

--
James jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

"...One moment of perfect beauty." (Amb. Kosh, B5 "There All The Honor Lies")

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:59:21 +0100, Kegs wrote:

> Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 05:33:52 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:
>>
>>> "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

>>> Now you're just being silly. That's okay though because I made you do it.
>>
>> I wish you would give me better lines.
>
> You got the wombat suit, what more do you want?

I spit upon your wombat suit, good sir. To such depths will I not stoop.
I'll have you know I played lead ocelot in 'Hamlet'.

Bret

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:12:28 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:59:21 +0100, Kegs wrote:
>
>> Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> writes:

>>> I wish you would give me better lines.
>>
>> You got the wombat suit, what more do you want?
>
>I spit upon your wombat suit, good sir. To such depths will I not stoop.
>I'll have you know I played lead ocelot in 'Hamlet'.

Having seen your latest retort, I wish he'd give you better lines too.

Lemming
--

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:33:12 +0100, Lemming wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:12:28 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
> wrote:

>>> You got the wombat suit, what more do you want?
>>
>>I spit upon your wombat suit, good sir. To such depths will I not stoop.
>>I'll have you know I played lead ocelot in 'Hamlet'.
>
> Having seen your latest retort, I wish he'd give you better lines too.

See what I have to work with, Bill?

Bret

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> writes:

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:59:21 +0100, Kegs wrote:
>
>> Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> writes:

>>> I wish you would give me better lines.
>>
>> You got the wombat suit, what more do you want?
>
> I spit upon your wombat suit, good sir. To such depths will I not stoop.
> I'll have you know I played lead ocelot in 'Hamlet'.

So you missed out on playing the bear in Twelth Night then?

/me exits, stage left

--
James jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

Gossip is when you hear something you like about someone you don't.

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:46:36 +0100, Kegs wrote:

> Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> writes:

>>> You got the wombat suit, what more do you want?
>>
>> I spit upon your wombat suit, good sir. To such depths will I not stoop.
>> I'll have you know I played lead ocelot in 'Hamlet'.
>
> So you missed out on playing the bear in Twelth Night then?

I misread the audition notice: I thought it said "bare".

> /me exits, stage left

That's it -- run away. Bastard.

Bret

lemming

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2001
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:30:38 -0700, Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:46:36 +0100, Kegs wrote:
>
>> Bret Ripley <ripley@olywa.net> writes:

>>> I spit upon your wombat suit, good sir. To such depths will I not stoop.
>>> I'll have you know I played lead ocelot in 'Hamlet'.
>>
>> So you missed out on playing the bear in Twelth Night then?
>
>I misread the audition notice: I thought it said "bare".

The word was "bore". You'd have been perfect for the part.

>> /me exits, stage left
>
>That's it -- run away. Bastard.

Lemming
--

> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 05:33:52 GMT, Bill Huffman wrote:
>
> > "Bret Ripley" <ripley@olywa.net> wrote in message

> >> Believe it or not, it isn't always about you you, Bill.
> >
> > Now you're just being silly. That's okay though because I made you do
it.

> I wish you would give me better lines.

I'm not into snortting so you can have all the lines.