AntiVirus for WIN2K Server

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Probably need to get the corporate edition.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
nprton 2k2 should work with it, but since you are running 2k server, I assume a network, so as mentioned, someithing like norton corporate or norton server - server is awesome, can remotely install onto another 2k/nt box without them even knowing!

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

c6burns

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Actually, I am a big fan of InoculateIT 6.0. I use that for our Win2k Server here and it can remote install to each PC on your network. It works like a charm, and computer associate are very fast at realeasing signature updates.

G

Nothing against Computer Associates/BrightStor/whatever they call themselves now, but I had the work month from hell when my boss told us we were switching to InnoculatIT on our servers at my old job. They would let viruses through, the updates were slow, they were a CPU hog.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Norton, although if you're looking for a home network it's not really cost effective unless you can "claim" a work copy and say you're doing work on your home PC (loads of my software falls under that category - I do the bulk of my work from home, so I just bring my home PC in to work on occaision to take advantage of that wonderful corporate licensing that costs me NOTHING!) Sorry, where was I . . . yes, cost-effectiveness of Norton stuff if you're doing this on a home network and you want to be honest. There are some decent freeware/shareware scanners out there, but nothing that's going to be integrated or probably fast enough to support shared drives if this is a true server you're talking about.

Bottom line - go with Norton if you can.

Check out the BIG Baseball League, the #1 Baseball Mogul (tm) Simulation league on the internet!

TRENDING THREADS