Scrollable desktop for high resolutions in Win 7 like I could in XP

invertedzero

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
I could use a larger resolution than my display on XP and it would just scroll, now i have windows 7, i can't seem to be able to. Most of the resolutions are gone even after unselecting only display modes for this monitor, and when i select the 1080 veritcal one it squashes it to the monitor size, because it automatically changes the display to 'display image to full size panel' instead of centered timings and leaves the option greyed out. I'm using Catalyst Control Center, what can i do to get a scrollable desktop once again?

You'd probably be better off getting a 2nd monitor and extending the desktop, but you can use GiMeSpace Desktop Extender to do what you are asking.

invertedzero

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

Thanks, but isn't there an option to use panning in windows 7 so it scrolls? I used to do it with XP. AMD Catalyst Control Center an older version used to support it and not grey out lots of options etc

V@no

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Second monitor is out of questions if you are using laptop...

Windows 7 already has such capability when using Magnifier. I refuse to believe no such software available that would allow fake physical limitation of the display to allow higher resolution without scaling...

I've tried Infinite screen but it disables some W7 features and it "infinite" resolution I'm looking for a set size resolution...

Hope someone know a better solution.