jrr9969

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I have recently purchased a CODEGEN case and an ASUS A7V8X motherboard. The new case has 2 front USB ports that I would lke to use but I am not sure where to connect the wires to the motherboard. The motherboard does have a cluster of pins for additional USB ports labeled as follows USB+5,LDM,LDP, & GND. The wires from the USB ports in the case are labeled as follows +5V,+D,-D,& GND. I am not sure if I can connect the case USB wiring to the motherboard and if I can what wire gets connected to what pin. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Auburn9698

Champion
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the order of a row should be +5, then -D, then +D, then ground (GND). If they have one set of connectors labeled with a one or a two (or a 5 and a 6...whatever), put those on the same row, although the ground may not matter.
Codegen's site has a picture. Go to Support, then USB pin layout.
"Typically the order of the pins is RED, WHITE, GREEN, BLACK, with the RED wire being the 5v Vcc power signal"

War Eagle<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Auburn9698 on 03/04/03 01:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>