Microsoft Urban assualt multiplayer

Last response: in Video Games
September 17, 2004 1:20:06 AM

Does anyone know how to setup urban assualt multiplayer
ether through internet, modem, serial connections.

questions:

1. Does anyone know if urban assualt is played nows for
internet? They have a multiplayer demo, so i sure some
play somewhere in the world today?

2. What is a computers call sign? How do i find out what
my computers call sign. How would i find a number or
phrase for one computer to search a direct connected
computer to computer to find a connection

3. Serial connections are setup like networking right
(direct connection for computer to computer without
internet connection)? Would it be simpler for this type of
connection.
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 6:01:59 PM

Hi c007,

Urban Assault is a fine game, however most of the players have
moved on to other newer games since UA was released in 1998.

If you have a friend who wants to play against you though, have
them setup a multiplayer game and give you their IP to connect to.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"c007" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1cdc01c49c6d$9ccb1620$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| Does anyone know how to setup urban assualt multiplayer
| ether through internet, modem, serial connections.
|
| questions:
|
| 1. Does anyone know if urban assualt is played nows for
| internet? They have a multiplayer demo, so i sure some
| play somewhere in the world today?
|
| 2. What is a computers call sign? How do i find out what
| my computers call sign. How would i find a number or
| phrase for one computer to search a direct connected
| computer to computer to find a connection
|
| 3. Serial connections are setup like networking right
| (direct connection for computer to computer without
| internet connection)? Would it be simpler for this type of
| connection.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 3:05:08 AM

Could you tell me how i can find out what my ip address
for this computer, or other computer.

whats a call sign?
September 18, 2004 3:13:29 PM

Hi,

To find out your IP, open a dos prompt and type: ipconfig
A Call Sign is simply the name you choose for your player.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

September 21, 2004 2:00:32 AM

Ive tryed it and still no progress. Each time i try to
dial it says "error could not dial." Sometimes i think it
will dial but no connection is still made.

I do have a couple friends to play with, with this old
game. If im setting up 3 players would modem be the best
connection type to use?
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 5:35:10 PM

Hi c007,

Give modem a try and if you're happy with the performance
great, otherwise setup a Ethernet network or play over the
internet. Get together with your friends to discuss options. :-)

--

!