Microsoft Urban assualt multiplayer

Does anyone know how to setup urban assualt multiplayer
ether through internet, modem, serial connections.

questions:

1. Does anyone know if urban assualt is played nows for
internet? They have a multiplayer demo, so i sure some
play somewhere in the world today?

2. What is a computers call sign? How do i find out what
my computers call sign. How would i find a number or
phrase for one computer to search a direct connected
computer to computer to find a connection

3. Serial connections are setup like networking right
(direct connection for computer to computer without
internet connection)? Would it be simpler for this type of
connection.
5 answers Last reply
More about microsoft urban assualt multiplayer

    Hi c007,

    Urban Assault is a fine game, however most of the players have
    moved on to other newer games since UA was released in 1998.

    If you have a friend who wants to play against you though, have
    them setup a multiplayer game and give you their IP to connect to.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "c007" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1cdc01c49c6d$9ccb1620$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    | Does anyone know how to setup urban assualt multiplayer
    | ether through internet, modem, serial connections.
    |
    | questions:
    |
    | 1. Does anyone know if urban assualt is played nows for
    | internet? They have a multiplayer demo, so i sure some
    | play somewhere in the world today?
    |
    | 2. What is a computers call sign? How do i find out what
    | my computers call sign. How would i find a number or
    | phrase for one computer to search a direct connected
    | computer to computer to find a connection
    |
    | 3. Serial connections are setup like networking right
    | (direct connection for computer to computer without
    | internet connection)? Would it be simpler for this type of
    | connection.

    Could you tell me how i can find out what my ip address
    for this computer, or other computer.

    whats a call sign?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi,

    To find out your IP, open a dos prompt and type: ipconfig
    A Call Sign is simply the name you choose for your player.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Ive tryed it and still no progress. Each time i try to
    dial it says "error could not dial." Sometimes i think it
    will dial but no connection is still made.

    I do have a couple friends to play with, with this old
    game. If im setting up 3 players would modem be the best
    connection type to use?
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi c007,

    Give modem a try and if you're happy with the performance
    great, otherwise setup a Ethernet network or play over the
    internet. Get together with your friends to discuss options. :-)

    --

    "c007" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:062801c49f97$ec1ba7d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    | Ive tryed it and still no progress. Each time i try to
    | dial it says "error could not dial." Sometimes i think it
    | will dial but no connection is still made.
    |
    | I do have a couple friends to play with, with this old
    | game. If im setting up 3 players would modem be the best
    | connection type to use?

Computers Multiplayer Microsoft Video Games