Winning Eleven 7

Despite playing this game on an admittedly just above borderline machine,
enough other people have talked about the 'slomo' problem - the game playing
as if in slow motion. Frame rates are fine. I see the manual mentions
something about a 'double speed' setting, but I get the feeling this is
supposed to turn a regular speed game into a fast one, not to solve this
problem (can't find the option in the game anyway!). Any thoughts?

With PES3 (the predecessor), trying to run anti-aliasing would cause that
problem, although you could turn anisotropic filtering up with no problem.
Ifyou've got AA enabled, you might try turning it off.

I think double-speed is an option that has to be purchased in the shop
inside the game.

"Frankie Howerd" <frankiehowerd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Despite playing this game on an admittedly just above borderline machine,
> enough other people have talked about the 'slomo' problem - the game
playing
> as if in slow motion. Frame rates are fine. I see the manual mentions
> something about a 'double speed' setting, but I get the feeling this is
> supposed to turn a regular speed game into a fast one, not to solve this
> problem (can't find the option in the game anyway!). Any thoughts?

Can you offer any comparison between WE7 and PES3? Is WE7 only available on
DVD, as was PES3?

Finally, where did you purchase WE7?

Thanks!

"BRH @comcast.net>" <"bhoenig<no-spam> wrote in message
> Can you offer any comparison between WE7 and PES3? Is WE7 only available
on
> DVD, as was PES3?
>
> Finally, where did you purchase WE7?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Frankie Howerd wrote:
>
> > Despite playing this game on an admittedly just above borderline
machine,
> > enough other people have talked about the 'slomo' problem - the game
playing
> > as if in slow motion. Frame rates are fine. I see the manual mentions
> > something about a 'double speed' setting, but I get the feeling this is
> > supposed to turn a regular speed game into a fast one, not to solve this
> > problem (can't find the option in the game anyway!). Any thoughts?

I never played PES3 so I can't offer any comparison, I actually thought WE7
was just the name of the US release of PES3, but I could be wrong. I bought
it at Best Buy yesterday, after prodding the guy to get a few copies out the
storeroom. It's a regular CD release.
I've fixed the sluggish play - there are actually two separate settings in
the game - Resolution and Quality (low, medium, high) - and if I have
Quality set to medium or high the game runs like molasses no matter what the
resolution (even 640x480). But at low quality everythings great, at any
resolution, and to be honest I can't notice any significant difference in
the graphics from medium/high quality ;-) If anything play is a tad fast,
but nothing I can't live with. Pity there's no speed slider. For reference
I'm running on a Dell Inspiron 8000, 1GHz, 512MB ram, 32MB Geforce2go
graphics card.
Gameplay wise this game is just miles ahead of FIFA. I get bored after a few
games with FIFA because I feel too restricted, as though the game is too
highly scripted. With WE7 anything can and does happen. No two goals are the
same. I've seen more variety in the half dozen matches I've played with WE7
than in years playing FIFA. If you are a soccer fan you owe it to yourself
to get this, for a wonderful gaming experience, and to support Konami for
releasing this in the US and giving us a break from the Pong that is the
FIFA series.

I don't have WE7 yet personally, but you can buy it at EBgames.com

In article <407C75BB.A3D002B@comcast.net>, BRH <"bhoenig<no-
spam>"@comcast.net> says...
> Can you offer any comparison between WE7 and PES3? Is WE7 only available on
> DVD, as was PES3?
>
> Finally, where did you purchase WE7?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Frankie Howerd wrote:
>
> > Despite playing this game on an admittedly just above borderline machine,
> > enough other people have talked about the 'slomo' problem - the game playing
> > as if in slow motion. Frame rates are fine. I see the manual mentions
> > something about a 'double speed' setting, but I get the feeling this is
> > supposed to turn a regular speed game into a fast one, not to solve this
> > problem (can't find the option in the game anyway!). Any thoughts?

> I never played PES3 so I can't offer any comparison, I actually thought
WE7
> was just the name of the US release of PES3, but I could be wrong. I
bought
> it at Best Buy yesterday, after prodding the guy to get a few copies out
the
> storeroom. It's a regular CD release.
> I've fixed the sluggish play - there are actually two separate settings in
> the game - Resolution and Quality (low, medium, high) - and if I have
> Quality set to medium or high the game runs like molasses no matter what
the
> resolution (even 640x480). But at low quality everythings great, at any
> resolution, and to be honest I can't notice any significant difference in
> the graphics from medium/high quality ;-) If anything play is a tad fast,
> but nothing I can't live with. Pity there's no speed slider. For reference
> I'm running on a Dell Inspiron 8000, 1GHz, 512MB ram, 32MB Geforce2go
> graphics card.
> Gameplay wise this game is just miles ahead of FIFA. I get bored after a
few
> games with FIFA because I feel too restricted, as though the game is too
> highly scripted. With WE7 anything can and does happen. No two goals are
the
> same. I've seen more variety in the half dozen matches I've played with
WE7
> than in years playing FIFA. If you are a soccer fan you owe it to yourself
> to get this, for a wonderful gaming experience, and to support Konami for
> releasing this in the US and giving us a break from the Pong that is the
> FIFA series.

Couple more comments:
No multiplayer - but who the hell ever got a decent online game with FIFA's
netcode anyway
No license, so you'll have to download a mod from the internet to get proper
team/stadium/player names etc

WE7I is on 2 CD's.

"Bill Harris" <nospambillharris@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> WE7I is on 2 CD's.

2 cds come in the box, but it seems that one is the english version of the
game, the other spanish. If you just install the english version, disk 2 is
never required.

> "BRH @comcast.net>" <"bhoenig<no-spam> wrote in message
> > Can you offer any comparison between WE7 and PES3? Is WE7 only
available
> on
> > DVD, as was PES3?
> >
> > Finally, where did you purchase WE7?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > Frankie Howerd wrote:
> >
> > > Despite playing this game on an admittedly just above borderline
> machine,
> > > enough other people have talked about the 'slomo' problem - the game
> playing
> > > as if in slow motion. Frame rates are fine. I see the manual mentions
> > > something about a 'double speed' setting, but I get the feeling this
is
> > > supposed to turn a regular speed game into a fast one, not to solve
this
> > > problem (can't find the option in the game anyway!). Any thoughts?

PES3 had very few bugs, but it did have far to many handballs. WE7I fixes
that, and for that reason alone, I'd recommend WE7I, even though there are a
few other marginal improvements.

"BRH @comcast.net>" <"bhoenig<no-spam> wrote in message
> Can you offer any comparison between WE7 and PES3? Is WE7 only available
on
> DVD, as was PES3?
>
> Finally, where did you purchase WE7?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Frankie Howerd wrote:
>
> > Despite playing this game on an admittedly just above borderline
machine,
> > enough other people have talked about the 'slomo' problem - the game
playing
> > as if in slow motion. Frame rates are fine. I see the manual mentions
> > something about a 'double speed' setting, but I get the feeling this is
> > supposed to turn a regular speed game into a fast one, not to solve this
> > problem (can't find the option in the game anyway!). Any thoughts?

I installed both English and Spanish, so I didn't catch that. Thanks for the
info.

> "Bill Harris" <nospambillharris@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> > WE7I is on 2 CD's.
> >

> 2 cds come in the box, but it seems that one is the english version of the
> game, the other spanish. If you just install the english version, disk 2
is
> never required.
>

> > "BRH @comcast.net>" <"bhoenig<no-spam> wrote in message
> > > Can you offer any comparison between WE7 and PES3? Is WE7 only
> available
> > on
> > > DVD, as was PES3?
> > >
> > > Finally, where did you purchase WE7?
> > >
> > > Thanks!

> > machine,
> > playing
> is
> this

Thanks to all for the comments.

Bill Harris wrote:

> PES3 had very few bugs, but it did have far to many handballs. WE7I fixes
> that, and for that reason alone, I'd recommend WE7I, even though there are a
> few other marginal improvements.
>
> "BRH @comcast.net>" <"bhoenig<no-spam> wrote in message
> > Can you offer any comparison between WE7 and PES3? Is WE7 only available
> on
> > DVD, as was PES3?
> >
> > Finally, where did you purchase WE7?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > Frankie Howerd wrote:
> >
> > > Despite playing this game on an admittedly just above borderline
> machine,
> > > enough other people have talked about the 'slomo' problem - the game
> playing
> > > as if in slow motion. Frame rates are fine. I see the manual mentions
> > > something about a 'double speed' setting, but I get the feeling this is
> > > supposed to turn a regular speed game into a fast one, not to solve this
> > > problem (can't find the option in the game anyway!). Any thoughts?

I have been told Winning Eleven is a lot smoother. I on the other hand
haven't had a chance to look at WE 7, I have PES3. The game is the
dogs doo-daas, but as you say the one outstanding problem is the
hand-ball. Far too many of them. Getting major withdrawal symptoms due
to my damn ThrustMaster D-Pad snapping off in the heat of the game. I
don't know if you guys have one of these joysticks, but they are built
very poorly.

I have a 128MB GEForce4 250MHz Ramdac
17" Monitor
AMD 1.3Ghz Overclocked to 1.55Ghz

There are a number of reasons for the slow-mo effect, here are all the
best ways to fix it.

1. Set Quality to LOW
2. Set Refresh of Screen to 60Hz
3. Opened PES3 in Window Mode, Opened Task Manager and set PES3.exe
process to realtime.
4. Closed down all non-required Processes
5. Close Task Manager
6. Expanded window to full screen.

And away you go....If it doesn't work chances are you are using a
laptop.

John Guilbert.