OOTP6: FRIDAY

OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)

Jonah Falcon
26 answers Last reply
More about ootp6 friday
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
    <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
    >
    >Jonah Falcon

    I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
    Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
    much better?

    Regards,

    javajeff
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, Jonah Falcon wrote:

    > OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)

    That's not quite what Markus Heinsohn said on the OOTP 6 message board:

    ->Well, I can tell you that we are very close to release date, but it will
    ->not be before Friday... So, anything can happen over the weekend!
    ->
    ->PS: There will be some surprise features, which I will code in the
    ->remaining days...
    ->
    ->PPS: The game is well worth the wait, I love the new engine... it finally
    ->feels like real baseball instead of numbers crunching!

    Friday would be the earliest it might be out, but I'd say another 2 or 3
    days are likely. As somebody else as mentioned, I'm a bit concerned that
    he's still coding it and will release it with at most a day or two of
    testing. As much as I'm looking forward to getting it, I think he'd be wise
    to put a couple of weeks into beta testing the final product.

    Sumbuddy
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "javajeff" <javajeff@city-net.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
    > <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >

    > >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
    > >
    > >Jonah Falcon
    > >

    > I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
    > Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
    > much better?

    Far, far better. Markus and Company have incorporated the actual labor
    agreement (Rule V, waiver rules, etc). They've tweaked the AI so that scouts
    pay more attention to performance than skills (which can be tweaked by the
    player). The scouting reports can be the same as real-life scouting reports
    (abilities judged from 2-8) or other methods.

    The in-game has also been tweaked, with not only more commentary, but more
    variables and types of plays.

    And Season Ticket Baseball 2003 was based on, if I recall, OOTP4, not OOTP5.
    OOTP5 had a ton of stuff more than OOTP4 (ie. the manager mode in which you
    play the role of a manager, get hired, fired, etc.)

    Jonah Falcon
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:12:19 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
    <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >Far, far better. Markus and Company have incorporated the actual labor
    >agreement (Rule V, waiver rules, etc). They've tweaked the AI so that scouts
    >pay more attention to performance than skills (which can be tweaked by the
    >player). The scouting reports can be the same as real-life scouting reports
    >(abilities judged from 2-8) or other methods.
    >
    >The in-game has also been tweaked, with not only more commentary, but more
    >variables and types of plays.
    >
    >And Season Ticket Baseball 2003 was based on, if I recall, OOTP4, not OOTP5.
    >OOTP5 had a ton of stuff more than OOTP4 (ie. the manager mode in which you
    >play the role of a manager, get hired, fired, etc.)
    >
    >Jonah Falcon

    STB2003 was OOTP4, so this is two generations later for me. I thought
    STB2003 was great, so I should like this one. I am looking forward to
    it. I wonder how the online head to head game management will work.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "javajeff" <javajeff@city-net.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
    > <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >

    > >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
    > >
    > >Jonah Falcon
    > >

    > I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
    > Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
    > much better?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > javajeff

    Seems like a new OOTP game comes out every few months or so. Is this the
    case?

    Myself, I never cared for such GM games. Leave the finances and the price
    of hot dogs to the big guys, I just want to play the games.

    Drafts are fun, however. How much to sell tickets for is not.

    Alanb
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > Myself, I never cared for such GM games. Leave the finances and the price
    > of hot dogs to the big guys, I just want to play the games.
    >
    > Drafts are fun, however. How much to sell tickets for is not.
    >
    > Alanb

    I think we should start getting used to this type of games, as they'll soon
    be the only kind of sports gaming left on pc.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    I was thinking the same thing about '...code in the coming days.' You'd
    think there'd be some time period testing the release candidate with just
    big fixes to be added.

    "Sumbuddy" <me@here.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, Jonah Falcon wrote:
    >
    > > OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
    >
    > That's not quite what Markus Heinsohn said on the OOTP 6 message board:
    >
    > ->Well, I can tell you that we are very close to release date, but it will
    > ->not be before Friday... So, anything can happen over the weekend!
    > ->
    > ->PS: There will be some surprise features, which I will code in the
    > ->remaining days...
    > ->
    > ->PPS: The game is well worth the wait, I love the new engine... it
    finally
    > ->feels like real baseball instead of numbers crunching!
    >
    > Friday would be the earliest it might be out, but I'd say another 2 or 3
    > days are likely. As somebody else as mentioned, I'm a bit concerned that
    > he's still coding it and will release it with at most a day or two of
    > testing. As much as I'm looking forward to getting it, I think he'd be
    wise
    > to put a couple of weeks into beta testing the final product.
    >
    > Sumbuddy
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net> wrote in message

    > "javajeff" <javajeff@city-net.com> wrote in message
    > > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
    > > <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    > >

    > > >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
    > > >
    > > >Jonah Falcon
    > > >

    > > I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
    > > Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
    > > much better?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > javajeff
    >
    > Seems like a new OOTP game comes out every few months or so. Is this the
    > case?

    (cough) Once a year. Name a sports game that doesn't.

    Jonah Falcon
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Bill Harris" <nospambillharris@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I was thinking the same thing about '...code in the coming days.' You'd
    > think there'd be some time period testing the release candidate with just
    > big fixes to be added.

    Markus emailed me Friday.

    Jonah Falcon
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
    >
    >Jonah Falcon

    STFU
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> wrote in message

    > >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
    > >
    > >Jonah Falcon
    >
    > STFU

    Sorry for not posting something related to PC sports games.

    Jonah Falcon
    PS. 1337-speak is so 1997.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >> >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
    >> >
    >> >Jonah Falcon
    >>
    >> STFU
    >
    >Sorry for not posting something related to PC sports games.
    >
    >Jonah Falcon
    >PS. 1337-speak is so 1997.

    Why are you posting on-topic? What's the special occasion?
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On 15 Apr 2004 13:33:23 GMT, thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm (ThE AnArKrIsT)
    wrote:

    >>> STFU
    >>
    >>Sorry for not posting something related to PC sports games.
    >>
    >>Jonah Falcon
    >>PS. 1337-speak is so 1997.
    >
    >Why are you posting on-topic? What's the special occasion?

    What does STFU mean?
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >What does STFU mean?

    You're kidding, right?
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > >> STFU
    > >
    > >Sorry for not posting something related to PC sports games.
    > >
    > >Jonah Falcon
    > >PS. 1337-speak is so 1997.
    >
    > Why are you posting on-topic? What's the special occasion?

    GeE, wHy aM I nOt SpEaKiNg In AlTeRnAtInG cApS lIKe SoMeOnE cOoL lIkE yOu?

    Jonah Falcon
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >GeE, wHy aM I nOt SpEaKiNg In AlTeRnAtInG cApS lIKe SoMeOnE cOoL lIkE yOu?
    >
    >Jonah Falcon

    You're not that cool?
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > Seems like a new OOTP game comes out every few months or so. Is this
    the
    > > case?
    >
    > (cough) Once a year. Name a sports game that doesn't.

    Well, Diamond Mind Baseball and Stratomatic Baseball don't come out with new
    game engines every year, just new season disks. Does that count?

    See, it's this type of behavior that bothers people. Why couldn't you just
    have said, "No, I believe that it comes out only once a year." What was the
    point of the "(cough)?" Where did he ask how this compares to other sports
    games?

    JMA
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > >What does STFU mean?
    >
    > You're kidding, right?

    Why don't you just tell the guy what it means? He didn't ask if you thought
    he was kidding or anything similar. He wanted to know what "STFU" meant.

    Though there are more important things to know, I'd like to know myself.
    And seeing that we are all such civil people, I might guess at what the last
    two letters stand for.

    Are the first two "Stand Tall"? :)

    Alanb
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:42:41 GMT, "Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net>
    wrote:

    >"ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> wrote in message
    >> >What does STFU mean?
    >>
    >> You're kidding, right?
    >
    >Why don't you just tell the guy what it means? He didn't ask if you thought
    >he was kidding or anything similar. He wanted to know what "STFU" meant.
    >
    >Though there are more important things to know, I'd like to know myself.
    >And seeing that we are all such civil people, I might guess at what the last
    >two letters stand for.
    >
    >Are the first two "Stand Tall"? :)
    >
    >Alanb

    It is just something that I would have never thought of or used on the
    internet.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Yeah, we all can't wait to hear what Jonah thinks.

    "javajeff" <javajeff@city-net.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
    > <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
    >

    > >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
    > >
    > >Jonah Falcon
    > >

    > I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
    > Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
    > much better?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > javajeff
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    He (coughed) because his hand was on his balls.

    "Joe Ankenbauer" <ankenbauer@cox.net> wrote in message
    > "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > > Seems like a new OOTP game comes out every few months or so. Is this
    > the
    > > > case?
    > >
    > > (cough) Once a year. Name a sports game that doesn't.
    >
    > Well, Diamond Mind Baseball and Stratomatic Baseball don't come out with
    new
    > game engines every year, just new season disks. Does that count?
    >
    > See, it's this type of behavior that bothers people. Why couldn't you just
    > have said, "No, I believe that it comes out only once a year." What was
    the
    > point of the "(cough)?" Where did he ask how this compares to other sports
    > games?
    >

    > JMA

  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > It is just something that I would have never thought of or used on the
    > internet.

    I think it was probably one of those things of class separation. For
    somebody who spends every waking moment on the Internet and has no actual
    existence in the tangible world then"STFU" is simply second nature.

    For those who do not meet the above criteria, then it is an unknown acronym.

    For him .. it would be something like: 401K

    He'd be stumped there.

    JB
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >He (coughed) because his hand was on his balls.

    Actually, he (coughed) because his hand was on Sheffield's balls.
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    > >He (coughed) because his hand was on his balls.
    >
    > Actually, he (coughed) because his hand was on Sheffield's balls.

    This coming from someone with ovaries.

    Jonah Falcon
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "javajeff" <javajeff@city-net.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:42:41 GMT, "Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> You're kidding, right?
    > >
    > >Why don't you just tell the guy what it means? He didn't ask if you
    thought
    > >he was kidding or anything similar. He wanted to know what "STFU" meant.
    > >
    > >Though there are more important things to know, I'd like to know myself.
    > >And seeing that we are all such civil people, I might guess at what the
    last
    > >two letters stand for.
    > >
    > >Are the first two "Stand Tall"? :)
    > >
    > >Alanb
    > >

    > It is just something that I would have never thought of or used on the
    > internet.

    Because you have taste.

    Jonah Falcon
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Told ya:

    OOTP Developments Breaking News - OOTP6 release today

    To read the complete newsletter as HTML page please visit
    http://www.ootp-leagues.com/nl/

    OUT OF THE PARK BASEBALL 6.0 - Making it "AS REAL AS IT GETS!"

    Leading Off: REALISM
    Over the years the Out of the Park Series has gained a very loyal following
    because each new version of the game has given the player more options,
    better playability and increased realism. Out of the Park Developments has
    continued this process in 2004 in its never-ending pursuit to make the game
    "As Real As It Gets".

    Now, after another year of intense research, analysis and re-programming,
    Out of the Park Developments is proud to announce that OOTP 6.0 will go live
    today, Friday, April 16th, at noon EST! Please use the download links at the
    bottom of this newsletter to step up to the plate!

    Batting Second: COMPLETELY REVISED GAME ENGINE
    The game engine has been completely re-written from the ground up. Based on
    the latest comprehensive research, each event has been remodeled for
    complete statistical accuracy. This is not to be taken lightly, as each
    phase of the game has been broken down, re-assessed and put back together
    again. A unique statistical approach was used to evaluate the true value of
    a player's hitting, pitching and defense, creating a game that is true to
    the sport we love.

    Batting Third: NEW GENERAL MANAGEMENT FEATURES
    New advanced options have been added to increase the level of realism the
    players faces as a general manager.
    Out of the Park 6.0 retains the standard 25-man active rosters (though this
    can be changed to a different number if desired), but now offers the option
    of full 40-man rosters as well. This increases the strategy involved when
    playing as a general manager, especially when it's paired with the Rule 5
    draft, option years and minor league free agency - three new or improved
    features in OOTP6!
    The game now fully implements a Rule 5 draft in the off-season, allowing the
    player to draft unprotected players from their league rivals. As in real
    baseball, these players MUST remain on the 25-man active roster the
    following year, or the drafting team risks losing him.
    Arbitration and free agency have been fine-tuned, as the game now determines
    a player's eligibility based on ML service days. Therefore, calling up a
    late season prospect does not hurt you in the pocketbook prematurely as it
    had in previous versions.
    The concept of placing a player on waivers has been introduced as well -
    allowing the human player to make after trading-deadline deals to shore up
    his/her team for the pennant race. Employing the waiver system is also the
    route one must use to send a player to the minors if he is out of minor
    league options.
    Customization has always been a key feature of the Out of the Park series,
    and it remains to this day. Don't want to play with minor league option
    years? Want to change the length of time it takes to clear waivers, or
    change the number of days required to qualify as one year of ML service? No
    problem. Out of the Park 6 allows you to make these changes and dozens more,
    putting YOU in control of the game, rather than making the game control you.

    In the Clean-Up Spot: NEW PLAYER ALGORITHMS
    Player development algorithms have been changed and now more closely reflect
    real life. The truly great player tends to be able to play major league ball
    earlier and his skills will allow his career to end later than the typical
    ballplayer. Players no longer have a predictable pattern to their career,
    increasing the complexity of general management decisions. Now you must
    decide if that 38 year old outfielder who just batted .300 and hit 25
    homeruns for you- was that his last good year, or does he have a few more
    left in him?
    Of course, if you're not happy how players develop in OOTP, we've added the
    feature to allow YOU to fine-tune these algorithms yourself by changing a
    few numbers in one of the setup screens.

    Batting Fifth: NEW, ADVANCED ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
    OOTP's lineup and general management decisions used to be completely based
    on the players internal ratings. OOTP6 has changed this. Now, the computer
    AI will not only look at his ratings, but his current and past performance
    as well. So, if the computer's cleanup hitter is going through a horrific
    slump, it's much more apt to drop the player in the batting order until he
    can come around. This makes the computer AI much more alive and dynamic,
    increasing the immersion in solo leagues, as well as increasing the
    challenge.
    The in-game AI has also been revamped, making the computer field manager
    more astute when it comes to pinch hitting, pitching changes, substitutions
    and game strategy.
    However, in keeping with OOTP's loyalty to user customization, the player
    can change the percentages that the AI uses for this feature as well.

    In the Sixth Slot: NEW ADVANCED AMATEUR DRAFT
    Complexity in the amateur draft has been increased geometrically. Now, the
    game differentiates between players drafted out of college and high school.
    College players usually don't have as much upside, but they're a safer bet
    to perform as expected. High school players usually have a lot of raw
    potential that may or may not pan out.
    OOTP6 will give you clues (via a brand new detailed scouting report) about
    the best players, but there's always a chance that the certain #1 draft pick
    will be a bust, while a late round pick may tap some hidden potential and
    become a star.
    No matter which way you go, just remember to keep money on hand to pay the
    signing bonus that your top pick will demand!

    And the Rest of the Lineup: EVEN MORE NEW FEATURES!
    Broadcast games live over the internet: Commissioners can now broadcast a
    game to the league FTP server, while it unfolds. This allows leagues to
    feature live "Game of the Week", All-Star Game, and Post-Season games, if
    they so desire.
    More options when it comes to player ratings: You can now set the ratings to
    1-5, 2-8, 1-10, 1-20, 1-100 or, turn them off completely for the ultimate
    challenge!
    Historical league imports from the Lahman Database have been improved for
    increased accuracy.
    Stealing tendencies have been added to the league era settings.
    You can now include cash in trades!
    Multiplayer leagues can now easily use FTP to send/receive a player's Spring
    Training plan.
    A new CSV-compatible import/export routine for schedules. Import any
    schedule from league history and use it in OOTP!
    One button automatically generates depth charts based on your lineups.
    ...and myriad other small features!

    AND Coming Soon to an OOTP Baseball Game Near You!
    A boon to multi-player leagues, full head-to-head play over the Internet!

    Thanks for your patience, for all your suggestions, and for your ongoing
    support during development and beta testing!
    Have fun with OOTP's latest and greatest release version!

    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

    ftp://216.55.136.39/pub/ootp/ootp6setup.exe
    http://www.mirror1.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp/ootp6setup.exe
    http://209.235.192.175/files/ootp/ootp6setup.exe
    http://www.ootp-leagues.com/files/ootp/ootp6setup.exe

    We respect your privacy! To remove yourself from future mailings, please
    click this link:
    http://217.160.88.85/listmail/remove.php?u=d24ae33

PC gaming Falcon Games IBM Video Games Product