Sanyo 4900 lost-what is good or better (low cost)?

Lost on the plane. Looking for something with the same great reception and
that will work with my 4900 Jabra ear piece. I don't use Vision at this time
(too slow). Not looking to spend much either. I looked at e-bay and for some
of those prices I could buy almost new. Did the 4920 replace the 4900?
Thanks
Greyhound
Tampa, FL

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:48:08 GMT, "Grey-hound"
<grey-hound@"removethis"verizon.net> wrote:

>Lost on the plane. Looking for something with the same great reception and
>that will work with my 4900 Jabra ear piece. I don't use Vision at this time
>(too slow). Not looking to spend much either. I looked at e-bay and for some
>of those prices I could buy almost new. Did the 4920 replace the 4900?

I replaced my two 4900's with 4920's, as I renewed my
agreement for two years and got the substantial rebates.

The 4920 is indeed the follow-up to the 4900, operates the
same way and uses roughly the same interface. The physical profile is
a bit shorter.

If you wish to purchase one or both of my lightly used 4900's
please write. They are both in perfect condition and have recently
been checked/PRL updated.

DGI

"Grey-hound" <grey-hound@"removethis"verizon.net> wrote in message
> Lost on the plane. Looking for something with the same great reception and
> that will work with my 4900 Jabra ear piece. I don't use Vision at this
time
> (too slow). Not looking to spend much either. I looked at e-bay and for
some
> of those prices I could buy almost new. Did the 4920 replace the 4900?
> Thanks
> Greyhound
> Tampa, FL

Yes, the 4920 did replace the 4900. Depending on how long you had your phone
number on your 4900, you may qualify for a $150 mail in rebate when you buy
your next phone ... http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/

You would need to sign up to Vision, if you got a Vision capable phone, but
would be able to cancel it before your free 60 day trial period.

Bob

In article <fs2ed0lvjlm9ks08sq3l9a0e5vo305inh7@4ax.com>,
David G. Imber <imber@maniform.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:48:08 GMT, "Grey-hound"
> <grey-hound@"removethis"verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >Lost on the plane. Looking for something with the same great reception and
> >that will work with my 4900 Jabra ear piece. I don't use Vision at this time
> >(too slow). Not looking to spend much either. I looked at e-bay and for some
> >of those prices I could buy almost new. Did the 4920 replace the 4900?
>
> I replaced my two 4900's with 4920's, as I renewed my
> agreement for two years and got the substantial rebates.

Dont say that until the rebate checks are in your hand.

> The 4920 is indeed the follow-up to the 4900, operates the
> same way and uses roughly the same interface. The physical profile is
> a bit shorter.
>
> If you wish to purchase one or both of my lightly used 4900's
> please write. They are both in perfect condition and have recently
> been checked/PRL updated.
>
> DGI

In article <rmarkoff-B8CA11.15030621062004
@news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@faq.cIty says...
> Dont say that until the rebate checks are in your hand.

What part of "got the substantial rebates" didn't you understand?

--
RØß
O/Siris

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:02:26 GMT, O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com>
wrote:

>In article <rmarkoff-B8CA11.15030621062004
>@news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@faq.cIty says...
>> Dont say that until the rebate checks are in your hand.
>>

>What part of "got the substantial rebates" didn't you understand?

To be fair, I was just phrasing it loosely and I have not
received the payment yet. However, I am completely confident that I
will. I speak English, the offering was in English, I inquired about
the rules that were not explained thoroughly in the offering (eg: do I
need to mail the rebate coupon for each phone separately?), and there
is no reason I would not receive the rebates. I will be sure that I
do.

DGI

In article <cfmfd01thmhgc1djvuvc40c16v0flcogou@4ax.com>,
David G. Imber <imber@maniform.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:02:26 GMT, O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <rmarkoff-B8CA11.15030621062004
> >@news02.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@faq.cIty says...
> >> Dont say that until the rebate checks are in your hand.
> >>

> >What part of "got the substantial rebates" didn't you understand?
>
> To be fair, I was just phrasing it loosely and I have not
> received the payment yet. However, I am completely confident that I
> will.

There have been enough reports here of folks having difficulty
getting properly earned rebates, that I wish you luck.

There are reasons why SprintPCS is always rated WORST for Customer
Service.