Favorite football game

Last response: in Video Games
April 16, 2004 3:08:40 AM

What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?

More about : favorite football game

Anonymous
April 16, 2004 8:41:00 AM

In article <107ujg3ghk94o83@corp.supernews.com>, qtgrrl@nospam.com
says...
> What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?

Front Page Sports Football. Really any version. That game was SO far
ahead of its time it's not funny. I'm *STILL* pissed at Sierra for
taking Dynamix off of that project. Dynamix used to be one of the
premiere developers (FPS Football, FPS Baseball, Red Baron, some great
adventure games, etc) until those MFers at Sierra bought them and ruined
them.

--
Rob Berryhill
Anonymous

>What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?

Strat-O-Matic Computer Football. It's a great sim for strategic head-to-head
online play or for play against the computer.
April 16, 2004 9:38:38 PM

"NFLed" <nfled@aol.com> wrote in message
> >What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?
>
> Strat-O-Matic Computer Football. It's a great sim for strategic
head-to-head
> online play or for play against the computer.

I've heard that a lot. A friend of mine said it really puts Front Office
Football to shame. From what I have heard, FOF is really dry, whereas SOM is
just plain fun.
Anonymous
April 16, 2004 9:42:27 PM

"Rob Berryhill" <Rob_Berryhill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <107ujg3ghk94o83@corp.supernews.com>, qtgrrl@nospam.com
> says...
> > What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?
> >

> Front Page Sports Football. Really any version. That game was SO far
> ahead of its time it's not funny. I'm *STILL* pissed at Sierra for
> taking Dynamix off of that project. Dynamix used to be one of the
> premiere developers (FPS Football, FPS Baseball, Red Baron, some great
> adventure games, etc) until those MFers at Sierra bought them and ruined
> them.

I still have FPS 1999, the one that was recalled. I guess 1998 was the best
overall. Although I had the most fun with 95 or 96. Microprose's Ultimate
Football '95 is another old time classic. The graphics were fantastic for
the time and the game just felt like real football.
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 5:04:13 AM

>"NFLed" <nfled@aol.com> wrote in message
>> >What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?
>>
>> Strat-O-Matic Computer Football. It's a great sim for strategic
>head-to-head
>> online play or for play against the computer.
>
>I've heard that a lot. A friend of mine said it really puts Front Office
>Football to shame. From what I have heard, FOF is really dry, whereas SOM is
>just plain fun.

I've never tried Front Office. One of the strengths of Strat is that the game
engine is fully revealed so you know the consequences of your many choices. If
you run your backup RB in a situation (to rest the starter) you can see the
dice roll and know what would have been the result with the starter. If you
leave the long pass zone open on defense then you can calculate the risks and
rewards. Etc. Head-to-head play is especially fun knowing the risks and
rewards of your strategies and it also helps the play-against-PC mode.
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 6:29:03 AM

Front Office football is my favorite thus far. I've never spent an entire
weekend on a game before FOF. I loved the college years version as well.

Mike

!