Closed

Favorite football game

What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?
6 answers Last reply
More about favorite football game
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    In article <107ujg3ghk94o83@corp.supernews.com>, qtgrrl@nospam.com
    says...
    > What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?

    Front Page Sports Football. Really any version. That game was SO far
    ahead of its time it's not funny. I'm *STILL* pissed at Sierra for
    taking Dynamix off of that project. Dynamix used to be one of the
    premiere developers (FPS Football, FPS Baseball, Red Baron, some great
    adventure games, etc) until those MFers at Sierra bought them and ruined
    them.

    --
    Rob Berryhill
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?

    Strat-O-Matic Computer Football. It's a great sim for strategic head-to-head
    online play or for play against the computer.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "NFLed" <nfled@aol.com> wrote in message
    > >What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?
    >
    > Strat-O-Matic Computer Football. It's a great sim for strategic
    head-to-head
    > online play or for play against the computer.

    I've heard that a lot. A friend of mine said it really puts Front Office
    Football to shame. From what I have heard, FOF is really dry, whereas SOM is
    just plain fun.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    "Rob Berryhill" <Rob_Berryhill@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In article <107ujg3ghk94o83@corp.supernews.com>, qtgrrl@nospam.com
    > says...
    > > What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?
    > >

    > Front Page Sports Football. Really any version. That game was SO far
    > ahead of its time it's not funny. I'm *STILL* pissed at Sierra for
    > taking Dynamix off of that project. Dynamix used to be one of the
    > premiere developers (FPS Football, FPS Baseball, Red Baron, some great
    > adventure games, etc) until those MFers at Sierra bought them and ruined
    > them.

    I still have FPS 1999, the one that was recalled. I guess 1998 was the best
    overall. Although I had the most fun with 95 or 96. Microprose's Ultimate
    Football '95 is another old time classic. The graphics were fantastic for
    the time and the game just felt like real football.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    >"NFLed" <nfled@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> >What is your all-time favorite PC football game and why?
    >>
    >> Strat-O-Matic Computer Football. It's a great sim for strategic
    >head-to-head
    >> online play or for play against the computer.
    >
    >I've heard that a lot. A friend of mine said it really puts Front Office
    >Football to shame. From what I have heard, FOF is really dry, whereas SOM is
    >just plain fun.

    I've never tried Front Office. One of the strengths of Strat is that the game
    engine is fully revealed so you know the consequences of your many choices. If
    you run your backup RB in a situation (to rest the starter) you can see the
    dice roll and know what would have been the result with the starter. If you
    leave the long pass zone open on defense then you can calculate the risks and
    rewards. Etc. Head-to-head play is especially fun knowing the risks and
    rewards of your strategies and it also helps the play-against-PC mode.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

    Front Office football is my favorite thus far. I've never spent an entire
    weekend on a game before FOF. I loved the college years version as well.

    Mike

    >> Front Page Sports Football. Really any version. That game was SO far
    >> ahead of its time it's not funny. I'm *STILL* pissed at Sierra for
    >> taking Dynamix off of that project. Dynamix used to be one of the
    >> premiere developers (FPS Football, FPS Baseball, Red Baron, some great
    >> adventure games, etc) until those MFers at Sierra bought them and ruined
    >> them.
    >
    >I still have FPS 1999, the one that was recalled. I guess 1998 was the best
    >overall. Although I had the most fun with 95 or 96. Microprose's Ultimate
    >Football '95 is another old time classic. The graphics were fantastic for
    >the time and the game just felt like real football.

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games