Returning (Sanyo 4900) to factory defaults

Last response: in Network Providers
June 22, 2004 7:28:31 PM

Hi:

I'm passing this phone on to someone and I'd like to clear the
address book and return the phone to the default state I got it in.

I could not find an easy way to do this, though I might simply
be overlooking it.

I'm sure I could bring it to SPCS techs to do it, but as the
phone is in perfect working order now, and was recently updated and
tested, I'd just as soon leave well enough alone.

I'm not averse to eliminating each address book entry by hand,
and the person getting the phone is savvy enough to adjust the
settings according to preference, but it would be nice to give him a
perfectly clean slate.

Thanks in advance for any advice. DGI
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 12:37:40 AM

"David G. Imber" <imber@maniform.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I'm passing this phone on to someone and I'd like to clear the
> address book and return the phone to the default state I got it in.
>
> I could not find an easy way to do this, though I might simply
> be overlooking it.
>
> I'm sure I could bring it to SPCS techs to do it, but as the
> phone is in perfect working order now, and was recently updated and
> tested, I'd just as soon leave well enough alone.
>
> I'm not averse to eliminating each address book entry by hand,
> and the person getting the phone is savvy enough to adjust the
> settings according to preference, but it would be nice to give him a
> perfectly clean slate.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice. DGI

David, go into your menu and find security. Then plug in the last four
numbers of your telephone. You should see an option to wipe out your phone
book from there.

Bob
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 12:37:41 AM

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:37:40 GMT, "Bob Smith"
<usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

>David, go into your menu and find security. Then plug in the last four
>numbers of your telephone. You should see an option to wipe out your phone
>book from there.
>
>Bob

The option to reset all the phone's settings was there too.

Thanks, Bob, for the quick and concise reply!

DGI
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 3:06:34 AM

Also ##3282 ENTER

to remove the phone number if you also know your MSL.
!